996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Sharky's Black Mamba is coming home.... who wants to race?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 09:06 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by iLLM3
Ok good stuff sharky.. My torque is extremely low for the amount of work i have done, but extremely high on an M3 to begin with. These cars arent torque monsters, just like the base 911 Carrera C2's and so on. Right now i should be at about 400 crank or even a little under, maybe higher i dont know, just a ballpark estimate. But its all about the gearing and when the boost comes on in my car, its so damm linear, it pulls like a freight train 3rd, 4th and if you can even get into 5th LOL, 4th last to about 145! I race my friends 558 RWHP supra who's actually buying my car, and have no problem pulling at the end of 3rd because the gear is so long, then when i shift i have instant power still going, so the time it takes for the turbo to spool and boost to relaly hit i had the advantage of pulling already, and he cant make up that distance, exactly what happens with the 996tt, but thats stock dammit haha!!

Anyway i basically want the sickest sounding/performance exhaust you can get. Cats do not matter to me, i have 2 cars G35+my SC M3 non have cats, resonators just straight exhaust all the way back! Also what exactly is done to your car, power package wise? Because it seems like it is really hard to even get low 11's high 10's with even a stage 4, meanwhile im hearing you can pull 11's stock hmm

Also what suspension setup do you have, coilovers/sways/strut?

Thanks again
Really decent torque for the car man. Not too shabby!
Well my car is a tip.. so it's easier to drag race I have the GT800 with some extras I pulled an 11 with just a chip and exhaust so that was that... The loudest and most powerful exhaust has to be the Fabspeed then...

Old 08-25-2005, 10:31 PM
CarreraGtRacer is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by sharkster
Sorry man.. coming!
Thanks man you rock

Old 08-26-2005, 12:17 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Really decent torque for the car man. Not too shabby!
Well my car is a tip.. so it's easier to drag race I have the GT800 with some extras I pulled an 11 with just a chip and exhaust so that was that... The loudest and most powerful exhaust has to be the Fabspeed then...
Yea everyone tells me Fabspeed but i dunno man, oh well i'll just keep doing more research. By any chance do you have a site with the different exhausts or parts? I have many but just individual tuning companies really

And damm you have the GT800, well we'll see. It might be the same thing all over again, had the G35, got the M3 than people see it 4 months later not even and damm its a racecar LOL, can't wait to get this man. I was talking to an older buddy of mine, he has a 993 C2 and is doing a GT2 TT motor conversion.. I would LOVE to get a GT2 and he said i might not like the 996tt or 993tt because im so use to insane power and RWD together, like because i dont find mine thrilling anymore. I guess what it all comes down to is driving both, but i wonder if he's right! Thanks again!

Martin

Old 08-27-2005, 10:38 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by CarreraGtRacer
Thanks man you rock
Hehe gotta ask James

Old 08-27-2005, 12:36 PM
Hehe gotta ask James
I'm sure he won't mind

Old 08-27-2005, 01:45 PM
http://www.sharkwerks.com/projects.php

Updated the site with more pix of various cars and shoots from the past month

Old 08-27-2005, 03:14 PM

damn those three Turbos (2400HP) look extremely badass!

Old 08-27-2005, 03:41 PM
cynicali is infamous around these parts
damn those three Turbos (2400HP) look extremely badass!
Yeah, that's my new desktop wallpaper.

Old 08-27-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by cynicali
Yeah, that's my new desktop wallpaper.
I wish the pictures were high resolution though

Old 08-27-2005, 07:41 PM
Banned
01TT is infamous around these parts
oh and I'll be bringing this with me...
Were you spraying the car when you ran the 10.9?

Old 08-28-2005, 12:59 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !

So damm sick

Old 08-28-2005, 10:59 AM
I wish the pictures were high resolution though
As soon as the magazine hits the stands I'll be able to do that There will be high res ones...

Old 08-28-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by 01TT
Were you spraying the car when you ran the 10.9?
Nopes I don't spray. I had NOS sprayed over the intercoolers but that's it. What I did have was low boost, a kinked fuel line, a bad coil, and two bent (s-shaped) rods lol! So I'm hoping for better now

Old 08-28-2005, 11:08 AM
Brian Haske is infamous around these partsBrian Haske is infamous around these parts
a true turbo S

when are ya goin to the strip?

Old 08-28-2005, 03:00 PM
Banned
01TT is infamous around these parts
Nopes I don't spray. I had NOS sprayed over the intercoolers but that's it. What I did have was low boost, a kinked fuel line, a bad coil, and two bent (s-shaped) rods lol! So I'm hoping for better now
Wow, so what do you think you would have ran that day without all the misfortune? Low 10's? Are you going to spray the car now?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sharky's Black Mamba is coming home.... who wants to race?