996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

ProEfi, E85 996TT hit's the 4's!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 04:38 PM
layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GTRNICK
I just read through this entire thread and watched all the vids and I have to say i thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm really excited and happy for you Randy.
Thanks Nick!

Old 09-18-2013, 04:42 PM
layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dhahlen
I'll see about getting a week over in the ATL area for work. Maybe sometime in early November, we'll see how it pans out.
That would be very cool brutha. Birmingham is a fairly big city but we would

have to go to Atlanta to catch a nude fireman wrestling match.

Atlanta will have all of your per usual entertainment venues e.g cross gender,

leather - scat bars and male nude wrestling.

Old 09-18-2013, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by prodigymb
a newer busa with bolt ons and a good rider will give u a good run. so would a S1000RR that bike is nuts, so is the new ZX10r and Gixxer 1k. All newer ones are 9 sec bikes with a good rider. as far as CBR600 from 07 being a 10sec bike that is a stretch, one of my good friends had one and it eventually ran a high 10 but it was 11sec DUD for a while.... he can dragrace/ride too bit heavy for 600 tho. either way ur car absolutely has what it takes to take on and beat the fast bikes so go out and find some
I'm on the lookout for one. I got into a tussle with a big *** bike a couple

days ago and I pulled him from 70 to 120ish but we hit traffic and I will not

race in traffic.....and I didn't have my gopro setup

The only cars that'll run with me or beat me are mostly on 6 speed

Old 09-18-2013, 05:18 PM
BTW, dhalen doen't even own a Porsche. He has a VW Golf with some kind of

Chinese turbo system that Vivid sells.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:31 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnspeed
Ditto,thanks...
Sorry but Not critiquing ,,just trying to figure out how good those 3073 with all that you mentioned about them over all the other turbos..Hard to pin point with those other mods done at the same time...
Wondering the same thing myself.

I ran a 4.9 with off the shelf 3076s with 2-shifts on the stock ECU over 6 years ago. My 996 was making a max of 830 whp at 1.4 BAR the time, and was only 70 lighter than stock. Spool was great as well. I'm sure the 3073s are technologically superior, but I'm not sure how much that actually translates into real-world performance gains. Whatever helps marketing.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 09-18-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Wondering the same thing myself.

I ran a 4.9 with off the shelf 3076s with 2-shifts on the stock ECU over 6 years ago. My 996 was making a max of 830 whp at 1.4 BAR the time, and was only 70 lighter than stock. Spool was great as well. I'm sure the 3073s are technologically superior, but I'm not sure how much that actually translates into real-world performance gains. Whatever helps marketing.
The 3073s were chosen for all around performance. A choice could have been

made, easily enough, to go with bigger turbos. The car has fuel for 1200 hp

and it wouldn't been that much more time / money to use a more aggressive

cam-headwork etc... My goal was not and never has been, to build a straight

line performance only Porsche. If I wanted that, I could easily enough

purchase a GTR or Lambo and add 1200+ hp.

The point is, I'm running a 4.77 60-130 on a "smallish" turbo and I'm doing

it with 800 whp not 1000 whp

To each his own, as they say

Old 09-18-2013, 06:55 PM
And there are those that follow the herd and those that don't

You just gotta be ready to make some mistakes and you don't always

get the blessing from the herd

Old 09-18-2013, 06:57 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by layinback
The 3073s were chosen for all around performance. A choice could have been

made, easily enough, to go with bigger turbos. The car has fuel for 1200 hp

and it wouldn't been that much more time / money to use a more aggressive

cam-headwork etc... My goal was not and never has been, to build a straight

line performance only Porsche. If I wanted that, I could easily enough

purchase a GTR or Lambo and add 1200+ hp.
If you wanted a "straight-line performance only Porsche", you would buy a GT-R or Lambo??

Regardless, a 1200 hp GT-R will still outhandle your Porsche, so you'd be good either way.

The point is, I'm running a 4.77 60-130 on a "smallish" turbo and I'm doing

it with 800 whp not 1000 whp
Yeah, I was doing essentially the same times with 800ish as well. In a significantly heavier car, on the stock ECU, over 6 years ago.

All that said, congratulations. Enjoy your car.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 09-18-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:03 PM
If you wanted a "straight-line performance only performance only Porsche", you would buy a GT-R or Lambo??

Regardless, a 1200 hp GT-R will still outhandle your Porsche, so you'd be good either way.

Yeah, I was doing essentially the same times with 800ish as well. In a significantly heavier car, on the stock ECU, over 6 years ago.

All that said, congratulations. Enjoy your car.
You are the man Scott

Old 09-18-2013, 07:05 PM
You are the man Scott
No, you are the man, Trendsetter. Everyone else just follows the herd.

Old 09-18-2013, 07:09 PM
No, you are the man, Trendsetter. Everyone else just follows the herd.
Awww shucks. I was just copying the world record holding Porsche

that Evoms has. It's a ProEfi build.

but thanks for the thought

Old 09-18-2013, 07:35 PM
Awww shucks. I was just copying the world record holding Porsche

that Evoms has. It's a ProEfi build.

but thanks for the thought
Definitely the world record for now. But just all the other Pro-EFI records that have been beaten, it too will fall.

I guess when you posted "there are those that follow the herd and those that don't", you were simply being disingenuous. Par for the course.

Old 09-18-2013, 07:44 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Nice job Randy! Car looks like it is coming together nicely! Others are just jealous!

Old 09-18-2013, 08:13 PM
TTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the rough
Awesome car bro! Your beast is schweet!

Old 09-18-2013, 08:23 PM
Definitely the world record for now. But just all the other Pro-EFI records that have been beaten, it too will fall.

I guess when you posted "there are those that follow the herd and those that don't", you were simply being disingenuous. Par for the course.
Scott, you are smarter than me ( although Stephen Hawking copied off my
test)

You make more money than me. ( although I think you work for the gubment
and I'm in the free market)

You are taller than me ( although I'm 6'4 and you are an ex SEAL )

You are better endowed than me ( although I'm a moderator on
16inches online.com)

If you have a wife and Kid, doubtful, but if you do, your wife is prettier
and your kids are smarter.

Your cars will always be faster than mine even if they're full weight and
stock dme.

You are more witty than me. ( regardless of the numerous dull witted post
on go fast boards, peppered across the internet)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ProEfi, E85 996TT hit's the 4's!!!