996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Thanks Neil, for my PSI 480 car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 02:40 PM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
Thanks Neil, for my PSI 480 car

The switch from the GIAC Stage2 to the PSI 480 package was instantly discernible.

My stage2 driving experience tells me that real torque/pull is not felt until I hit 5000 rpm. A strong boost comes on after that but redline&shift is only a blink away. The power from 2-5k rpm is still more stock like, refined and smooth. I had a EP Loud exhaust with the stage2.

The PSI 480 package, together with the PSI Loud exhaust, is absolutely devastating in the midrange punch. The boost builds quickly, very quickly, from mid 3000 rpms. At 4000 rpm, the response is instanteneous. I can feel tires slipping, from the wheel perhaps, and PSM coming on. The 480 package is only suppose to give .9 bar, but I've seen 1.0 bar in few occasions. The real difference is in how quickly boost reaches max level. This enhances the driving experience tremendously. It's extremely useful in powering out of corners.

Everyone commented on how impressive the PSI exhaust sounded yesterday on my car. With the EP2 Loud, I can hear the glorious sound. With the PSI exhaust, I can hear and feel all the rumbles through the seat. The many tiny burbles is just intoxicating to hear. It seems with the EP2 I have to work harder to get the burbles out, and they only come out in certain gear and rpm range.

When I drove a GIAC stage2 car back to back, it almost feel sedate. There is more time to think and wait for things to happen. Whereas with the PSI car, it just happens, and happens fast!

This is one case where numbers don't tell the whole story. It doesn't tell the story at all, as a matter of fact.

Anyone in the Bay Area is welcome to contact us for a ride/drive in my car.

Oh yeah, I also drove Mike's PSI 550 car. That's a whole different story all together.

Last but not least, no CEL or MAF issues with all the hard driving that I and others did yesterday. Knock on wood

Again, thanks Neil for visiting us with your genius. Look forward to many future projects with you.

I'll continue to report on my driving experience with this car in the coming days.

Old 08-15-2005, 05:27 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Collin,

Sounds awesome!

Old 08-15-2005, 05:51 PM
Rob
Rob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of light
Curious, how much is the PSI 480 ECU upgrade? TIA

Old 08-15-2005, 06:00 PM
Banned
Red Comet is infamous around these parts
Sounds great, are there any dyno charts for PSI's 480 and 550 packages in hp/lb-ft? Newton meters and whatnot make my brain hurt!

Old 08-15-2005, 06:13 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Thanks Neil, for my PSI 480 car

Originally posted by collin996tt
Anyone in the Bay Area is welcome to contact us for a ride/drive in my car.
i'll be in the Bay Area for a wedding around mid Oct. let's make a rental appointment now for 2 days.

Old 08-15-2005, 07:11 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Arling, can you bring up my rollbar?

Old 08-15-2005, 07:55 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Itzkirb
Arling, can you bring up my rollbar?
UPS me ur car & i'll cover the shipping back with the bar in it.

Old 08-15-2005, 08:00 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
I must say after driving Collin's PSI480 car I want a TT now! The supercharger never felt sooo slow! ARGH!!!

I still need to drive Mike PSI550 and shoot some pictures.

Old 08-15-2005, 10:16 PM
Re: Re: Thanks Neil, for my PSI 480 car

Originally posted by 20C4S
i'll be in the Bay Area for a wedding around mid Oct. let's make a rental appointment now for 2 days.
Arling, for you, anytime. I've loaned out my cars to coworkers for the weekend several times already. No biggie for me.

In fact, I insist you take my car for couple days

Old 08-15-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Red Comet
Sounds great, are there any dyno charts for PSI's 480 and 550 packages in hp/lb-ft? Newton meters and whatnot make my brain hurt!
Yeah. We'll try to obtain hp/lb version of the dyno charts soon

Old 08-15-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Rob
Curious, how much is the PSI 480 ECU upgrade? TIA
Since you're in the east coast, do give Neil @OrtonUSA a call. Or you can PM our sales@969motorsports.com to inquire. It's fairly decent package.

Old 08-16-2005, 01:43 AM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
Cargraphic export loud

also burbles very nicely too if thats what you are looking for

Old 08-16-2005, 07:24 AM
Bill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud of
Collin,

congrats on your update !! I have the PSI 480 upgrade from Neil and I love it....like you said, the most amazing thing is the instant boost build and mid-range power and torque...feels like my NA 993 in power delivery. Very smooth with no CEL, etc. Enjoy !

Bill

Old 08-16-2005, 10:06 AM
Banned
Neil@Orton is infamous around these parts
Colin it was nice meeting all you guysand if you think mikes car is quick, you wait till the bad coil is replaced & some real gas.

Neil

Old 08-16-2005, 10:26 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Re: Thanks Neil, for my PSI 480 car

Originally posted by collin996tt
The switch from the GIAC Stage2 to the PSI 480 package was instantly discernible.

My stage2 driving experience tells me that real torque/pull is not felt until I hit 5000 rpm. A strong boost comes on after that but redline&shift is only a blink away. The power from 2-5k rpm is still more stock like, refined and smooth. I had a EP Loud exhaust with the stage2.
There was something terribly wrong with your GIAC State II set up if it was not building strong boost/power until 5000 RPMs. Both k16s and k24s should develop max boost well below 5000 RPMs, regardless of programming. I have run several larger hybrid turbos in conjunction with GIAC programming, and all of them generated max boost well below 4000 RPMs. If your Stage II was really as weak as you describe until 5000 RPMs, I suspect something was wrong.

Craig

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thanks Neil, for my PSI 480 car