996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

1250whp Underground Gallardo vs BHT (996TT)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 01:13 PM
ZO6ER is infamous around these parts
BIGFOOT>Mullet

Old 10-01-2013, 01:14 PM
layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by prodigymb
well that's because it wasn't Stage 3 and didnt start with flaps in the right position. duhhh

Old 10-01-2013, 01:16 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ZO6ER
BIGFOOT>Mullet
Hector if Mullet will buy one I am so down as well. I will proudly roll up to any event 2+ monster trucks deep.

Old 10-01-2013, 01:18 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LamboTT
Funny because I ran a 3.54seconds 100mph-150mph on 93 octane with my UGR car with similar power to the orange Performante car that you raced.

I think a rematch would be a good idea with the Performante starting in 3rd gear from the same mph.
Are you coming back to TI? Didn't we have dinner with you last time in Dallas?

Originally Posted by SCvet00
I think you meant a rematch with the Performante starting in 2nd gear @50, not 3rd gear @60. 60 mph in 3rd for the LPs is not optimal RPM and will feel lazy/laggy upon the hit (as you saw in the video). A proper gear selection and I am sure Joe has this 911 covered, as he did in the last race..

And you went 100-150 in 3.5 on 93? Damn, that's flying! That's probably what I run on race gas.
I love all the bench racing going on up in here. It really doesn't matter what one car does a 60-130 in, particularly when we are racing from 70-190.

Old 10-01-2013, 01:20 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by prodigymb
well that's because it wasn't Stage 3 and didnt start with flaps in the right position. duhhh
Haha. That's a good one. Also, this Performante does't have a Underground Sticker and errbody knows thats worth 17 AWHP.

Old 10-01-2013, 01:56 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Racing around a corner FTW!

Originally Posted by Mullet
High hp hit on a non straight road, no bueno.

Old 10-01-2013, 01:59 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by houstonT
Racing around a corner FTW!
Yep..did my best 60-130 on a corner...

Old 10-01-2013, 02:15 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
I love all the bench racing going on up in here. It really doesn't matter what one car does a 60-130 in, particularly when we are racing from 70-190.
You are absolutely right! But what does matter is gear selection vs. speed. Joe racing from 55/60 in 3rd gear yields a lazy powerband and acceleration. These are facts. I am not denying the fact that you won, since a chase is a race. But on most of those runs, you beat the driver, not the car, and that is a fact.

Also, looks to me that when Joe was in the right gear at the right speed (last race), that he won. Let's not be oblivious to what took place when the car was driven correctly. Just saying.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:16 PM
MCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud of
NO ONE races around corners. Well, except race car drivers.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:21 PM
You are absolutely right! But what does matter is gear selection vs. speed. Joe racing from 55/60 in 3rd gear yields a lazy powerband and acceleration. These are facts. I am not denying the fact that you won, since a chase is a race. But on most of those runs, you beat the driver, not the car, and that is a fact.

Also, looks to me that when Joe was in the right gear at the right speed (last race), that he won. Let's not be oblivious to what took place when the car was driven correctly. Just saying.
Right, the last race where he jumped? Yep I chased but as soon as I caught him he let off. He wasn't pulling from me by any means, I was reeling him in. So a win isn't a win unless I beat driver AND car? Ok. We've raced a dozen times, it doesn't matter if he's in 2nd or third. All outcomes are the same. BHT>JHB

Old 10-01-2013, 02:21 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MCGT3
NO ONE races around corners. Well, except race car drivers.
Not intentionally!!!

Old 10-01-2013, 02:29 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Right, the last race where he jumped? Yep I chased but as soon as I caught him he let off. He wasn't pulling from me by any means, I was reeling him in. So a win isn't a win unless I beat driver AND car? Ok. We've raced a dozen times, it doesn't matter if he's in 2nd or third. All outcomes are the same. BHT>JHB
I told you I am not taking anything away from your wins. A win is a win! It's not your fault Joe is not a seasoned street racer.

Racing from a 55 in 3rd....hell, might as well just give you the W. You beat the driver of a UGR car. Go re-race again from a 50 or 75 and in the meantime, I will coach Joe how to race and come back and show us the video results.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:35 PM
I told you I am not taking anything away from your wins. A win is a win! It's not your fault Joe is not a seasoned street racer.

Racing from a 55 in 3rd....hell, might as well just give you the W. You beat the driver of a UGR car. Go re-race again from a 50 or 75 and in the meantime, I will coach Joe how to race and come back and show us the video results.
Dude, we never raced from 55. Where did you hear that. We raced from 65-68 each time

Old 10-01-2013, 02:36 PM
Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !
To me it means nothing who won what race what heat, all these videos are just fluff... Show me at the end of an even the fastest times from the event; that is what matters or proves something.

No one brings there A game to every single pass at these events. You take a few passes to feel things out; then if the stars line up you pull out all the stops for a pass or two. Who beat who during which heat is irrelevant as the bragging rights is for fastest time and speed is it not!

So unless you are lining up beside someone knowing fair well that it is a no holds barred race I say your videos are as solid as a politicians campaign promises.

IMHO using a Porsche for a drag car is like making a racing machine out of a lawn mower. It just was not designed for that purpose. OK some guys have milked some OK numbers out of there German lawn mowers but at the end of the day all you have is a fast lawn mower. But as the saying goes -- TO EACH THERE OWN.

But again IMHO making a great track car out of a 911 just seems way more plausible as that is much closer to its original design.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:37 PM
Dude, we never raced from 55. Where did you hear that. We raced from 65-68 each time
You raced from a 55, with Joe starting in 2nd, and him being on the 1250 setting, and you won? I don't believe it..

Joe, can you chime in?

If this is indeed the case, then there is nothing else to be said other than Joe's car must be broke, lol. (kidding)

EDIT: sorry, I thought you said you DID race from a 55. If you did race from a 65-70 and Joe was indeed in 3rd at the 1250 setting and you won, then I stand corrected. But according to Joe, "I was on 1250whp and starting in 3rd gear (not in boost)"

Last edited by SCvet00; 10-01-2013 at 02:45 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: 1250whp Underground Gallardo vs BHT (996TT)