996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Any 996TT hitting the roll event in MD?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 05:58 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by prodigymb
i didnt know there were high power AMGs
Ouch...

Old 10-24-2013, 08:39 PM
02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !
Seems like a good event and right around my neck of the woods. I don't have the power, but definitely spectate.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:50 AM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
High power is relative. Jrcart says he trapped 118 in the 1/8th. Is that high power? He also says he makes over 1000whp. My car is just a slow ricer hoopty that I like to have fun running.
Originally Posted by DSCOFF
Lol thanks, that's not what this thread is about. Make your own.

Also 1/2 the cost doesn't include fully catered BBQ lunch, timed roll racing, and most importantly 80 other high power cars to watch/race
$275 vs $100. We both know I've done rentals for a very long time and I know the costs associated. I would say 80 other cars is a downside since you don't get to run as much but that's just my opinion. Good job putting it together. I may attend.
aa Ahmad and Jim are still in the benz game , cool.

pas TT setup is cool but doesnt gurantee 9s. Jodys E55 got slower with v12 swap and big turbos on 1/4 mile. takes a lot of time and effort to dial it in.

So have any of these actually ran 9s? im not trolling you, just curious because i am aware of only one or 2 cars mercedes tha have gone 9s. one is a SLR and one is a old one that i cant remember.
I dropped out for a while and decided to rebuild the clk. Car should be ready in next couple weeks with a maxed out Whipple.
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
none yet besides dads c63. but this yr looks promising
Dads unfortunately didn't go nines. Only the SLR has and it is rumored that it was on spray.
Originally Posted by LostMarine
Id like to see how the weistec cars stack up to the cars on the DOR list. ..
Do you want to run against them? That can be arranged. Thi sisn't a competition between events. My rentals are more of a laid back family style environment. Everybody wants to see each other go fast and we help each other however we can. The fastest person doesn't get any brownie points. I've been doing these for yearss as you know since you used to come to them. It's never just mercedes and there have been several 7 second cars in attendance. I actually try to keep the number down to avoid lines. I'm sure you will have a great event and I wish you luck. I will try to stop by

Last edited by blackbenzz; 10-26-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:43 PM
LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by blackbenzz

$275 vs $100. We both know I've done rentals for a very long time and I know the costs associated. I would say 80 other cars is a downside since you don't get to run as much but that's just my opinion. Good job putting it together. I may attend.

Do you want to run against them? That can be arranged. Thi sisn't a competition between events. My rentals are more of a laid back family style environment. Everybody wants to see each other go fast and we help each other however we can. The fastest person doesn't get any brownie points. I've been doing these for yearss as you know since you used to come to them. It's never just mercedes and there have been several 7 second cars in attendance. I actually try to keep the number down to avoid lines. I'm sure you will have a great event and I wish you luck. I will try to stop by
Im not at all saying its a competition and hope you didnt infer it as such, thats what the actual track is for

$275 is the standard rate, includes everything listed and there are no hidden fees on the customers end, what you see is what you pay. Most people jumped on the early price of $225. The price comes down if you get involved - sponsors have discounts to hand out to their customers, slipstream offers discounts for a group of people that want come, repeat customers ALWAYS pay less than regular rate. I sound like the Progressive lady now. Its no good to discuss finances publicly, but if you do swing by, talk to them, they can answer your questions thoroughly

We all know the same people and most know i just like to race a wide variety of cars, like whats on the list, so its very exciting for me personally, and I would assume everyone else that signed up to participate.

80 is the cutoff to ensure everyone gets all the time they want. I believe i read that you yourself had quoted that they can accommodate up to 100 cars in a day and everyone is happy. As next years schedules are being put out now, they anticipate securing full day/weekend dates to hold this and other events that are new to the east coast.

i would love to see jim and earls cars run, ive told them that before. I cant compete with those guys, but i like to see them do what they do. Im more in the range of racing Hagi and Petro But I cannot since i fly out a few days later.

Swing by, bring the cars, some other friends I have yet to talk to anyone that didnt have a good time at the first one, even with the raining out, and the repeat customer cars on the list show that... and thats before all the added extras thrown in for this one.

And if you cant make it, no worries, you should have a better feel of it afterwards from the word-of mouth reviews and professional videography thats sure to make its rounds in social groups.

Last edited by LostMarine; 10-26-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:23 PM
BenTT is a splendid one to beholdBenTT is a splendid one to beholdBenTT is a splendid one to beholdBenTT is a splendid one to beholdBenTT is a splendid one to beholdBenTT is a splendid one to beholdBenTT is a splendid one to behold
I am going to try to make it to this one!

Old 10-27-2013, 04:40 PM
930chas is a name known to all930chas is a name known to all930chas is a name known to all930chas is a name known to all930chas is a name known to all930chas is a name known to all
Planning to roll out with Jaime to spectate at this event. Should be a good time.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:04 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
High power is relative. Jrcart says he trapped 118 in the 1/8th. Is that high power? He also says he makes over 1000whp. My car is just a slow ricer hoopty that I like to have fun running.
that it is. 118th at 1/8th i find hard to believe

glad to hear u r still at it. i thought u got an E55. whats the CLK setup and e.t these days?
Dads unfortunately didn't go nines. Only the SLR has and it is rumored that it was on spray.
yep thats exactly what i heard. but dads was on spray on his low 10sec passes too tho. thats why when he said bunch of 9 sec amgs, i was like huh.... didnt know there were ANY.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 10-28-2013, 09:34 AM
993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !
Look at you big Willie. I know, anything below 130 you call slow.

For a 4 door grocery cart, it definitely moves. That's just it, a phat car. I am sure you are just busting chops.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:56 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 993Godspeed
Look at you big Willie. I know, anything below 130 you call slow.

For a 4 door grocery cart, it definitely moves. That's just it, a phat car. I am sure you are just busting chops.
actually I totally forgot about urs. that was the only one that would count as "big power" in my book that i know of really. 600-650hp just isn't "big power" when car comes with 469hp from the factory lol . 600hp is big power when a honda 2.0L makes it or a vw 1.8L

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 10-28-2013, 09:59 AM
993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !
actually I totally forgot about urs. that was the only one that would count as "big power" in my book that i know of really. 600-650hp just isn't "big power" when car comes with 469hp from the factory lol . 600hp is big power when a honda 2.0L makes it or a vw 1.8L
I hear you, mine had some IATs issues, finally fixed them. Runs much better now, but It's sold.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:39 AM
LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 930chas
Planning to roll out with Jaime to spectate at this event. Should be a good time.
Originally Posted by BenTT
I am going to try to make it to this one!
Nice, see you there! Bring your helmets just in case

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Old 10-28-2013, 02:57 PM
Basic Sponsor
Bring your helmets just in case
that's what she said...

Old 10-28-2013, 07:21 PM
that's what she said...
lol.. your outdated platform cant handle the latest technology a DCT M offers- spoolbus dont want none of this

Old 10-29-2013, 10:15 AM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
i would love to see jim and earls cars run, ive told them that before. I cant compete with those guys, but i like to see them do what they do. Im more in the range of racing Hagi and Petro But I cannot since i fly out a few days later.

Swing by, bring the cars, some other friends I have yet to talk to anyone that didnt have a good time at the first one, even with the raining out, and the repeat customer cars on the list show that... and thats before all the added extras thrown in for this one.

And if you cant make it, no worries, you should have a better feel of it afterwards from the word-of mouth reviews and professional videography thats sure to make its rounds in social groups.
I don't have a Weistec car but I do have a Weistec blower on my car if you want to see how you stack up.

I might swing by. Like you said I won't talk finances but I already know all the costs associated, I've done this for years and even the "discount" rate is welll above the cost. No worries, if people are willing to pay it, more power to you. I'm sure it will be a great event and many of my friends are going. I am trying to rearrange my schedule and attend as well.
Originally Posted by 930chas
Scurredddd
that it is. 118th at 1/8th i find hard to believe

glad to hear u r still at it. i thought u got an E55. whats the CLK setup and e.t these days?

yep thats exactly what i heard. but dads was on spray on his low 10sec passes too tho. thats why when he said bunch of 9 sec amgs, i was like huh.... didnt know there were ANY.
He will be at my MIR rental if you want to see it in person. Not so slow huh?

I did get an E55 and I sold it. The CLK has a completely new setup from the ground up. Hoping to hit 9s full interior when I take it out.

Yes he was on spray as well. There are quite a few builds that are finishing up soon and have 9 second potential.
To me a dyno number means nothing if I beat "you" in a race. 600 crank hp? You are comparing crank stock hp. Like I said, it's all relative. Some people would consider your car "slow" (not me). Come to imports vs domestics this weekend and see some fast cars run

Old 10-29-2013, 10:25 AM
Basic Sponsor

To me a dyno number means nothing if I beat "you" in a race. 600 crank hp? You are comparing crank stock hp. Like I said, it's all relative. Some people would consider your car "slow" (not me). Come to imports vs domestics this weekend and see some fast cars run
My car is slow.

I just got back from Texas mile. Going to relax this weekend.

Last edited by Mark @ AIM Performance; 10-29-2013 at 10:27 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any 996TT hitting the roll event in MD?