996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Power Windows and Passenger Side Mirror

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 01:42 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Power Windows and Passenger Side Mirror

I just had sport seats installed, during which my battery was disconnected. Upon reconnecting the battery, my power windows lost the one touch function (the windows no longer go all the way up or down after one push -- rather, I have to keep my finger on the botton). Moreover, the passenger side mirror no longer goes down in reverse. I managed to get the passenger side window to work properly, but the drivers side window and the mirror are still not working right.

Does anyone know how to reset the one tough functionality on the windows, and the passenger side mirror function during reverse?

TIA,

Craig

Old 08-22-2005, 01:51 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Hey bud for your window whenever your disconnect your battery you have to put your window up and down three times (by holding the button). After you've done that you'll get your one touch back.

Old 08-22-2005, 01:54 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally posted by sharkster
Hey bud for your window whenever your disconnect your battery you have to put your window up and down three times (by holding the button). After you've done that you'll get your one touch back.
Thats what Ive done in the past, and it worked this time for my passenger side window, but not for the drivers side window. Any other thoughts?

Craig

Old 08-22-2005, 06:17 AM
Rob
Rob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of light
If I remember correctly, for the side mirror option, reset you seat/mirror settings with the shifter in reverse.

Old 08-22-2005, 12:41 PM
Brian Haske is infamous around these partsBrian Haske is infamous around these parts
Rob is correct.
Alex, you dont have to go up and down with the window, just roll it up, let off the button, then hold the button in the up position for a couple seconds, then its programmed

Old 08-22-2005, 12:55 PM
Rob and Brian . . . . thanks guys . . . your procedures worked PERFECTLY and everything is restored. Thanks again!

Craig