996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ecu Upgrade!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 10:59 AM
Former Vendor
Nate@EVO is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ecu Upgrade!!!

Originally posted by 996TT_STEVO
Apart from being plain stupid you obviously can't read!!!

Do you want to check the above link regarding the 5K issue!

I am not even stating there is a problem (as I have said before) various members who have had the GIAC are saying the power comes in slightly later than other competitors ECU mods!

I do want help but I can assure you if I want anymore I will not come to you as your behaving like a Tool!

Oh and you are so much better than anybody else because you use the forum more than others!!!

What a ****!
Hey 996TT you are very smart to be questioning the different programming before you actually choose one. There are a few more companies out there now than when these tuning applications first came out, and having the car you have I am sure that you want to make the best decision possible. The last thing that you want to do is compromise the performance of these amazing cars.

Now, if I heard that the boost in a 996TT didn't start until 5000 RPM, I would say get that car into the shop because there is something wrong. It wouldn't matter what you are running software wise, at that point there is something very wrong.

As was said in a prior post, the K16 turbos are known for fast spooling. That is what makes the Stage 1 / Stage 2 so much fun to drive. The boost comes on very quickly. I have personally owned a 996TT Tip equipped with our Stage 2 package (EVO V-Flow Intake, DV's, GIAC Stage 2 programming, and Fabspeed Exhaust), and I can personally vouch for the fact that the boost comes on well before 5000 RPM. In fact one of our fellow board members bought my car and loves it. I am not discounting the fact that some people have claimed that the boost does come on that late, I am just saying that the situation in which the boost comes on that late is not something that we nor Garrett would ever accept. Plus, as PorschePHD said, the tuning comes with a money back guarantee, if your car doesn't live up to the expectation set forth by us or any other GIAC dealer, we will refund your money.

I hope that helps, if you have any other questions either ask myself or PorschePHD or any other GIAC dealer that frequents this board. Good luck!

Nate

Old 08-24-2005, 11:01 AM
DFW911T is infamous around these partsDFW911T is infamous around these parts

What a ****!
Stevo,
Your first response to FAT-911 was unfriendly and this response is just plain ugly.
I really don't see anything that should have caused them.

Old 08-24-2005, 11:24 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally posted by DFW911T
Stevo,
Your first response to FAT-911 was unfriendly and this response is just plain ugly.
I must agree...I don't understand any of the hostility towards people willing to give you input.

Also agree with Nate...something wrong if you can't feel the boost right away!

Old 08-24-2005, 11:43 AM
Livo69 is infamous around these parts
What Is Wrong With Everyone??
Everyone needs to chill out a little bit.

I have GIAC stage 1 flashed and I have the controller. THere arent too many programs available for flashing on the TT by the way. I also have the Evo Cold Air Intake

Best investment I made. As far as the turbo spooling. Let me just say, It Boosts Fast and Stronger on the low,mid and high rpm range than stock. I'm not a race car driver so I cant comment on how and the specifics of the power gain.

Bottom Line, It pulls Fast and Hard! Do It!

Old 08-24-2005, 11:59 AM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ecu Upgrade!!!

Originally posted by DFW911T
Stevo,
I totally agree my comments are a bit harsh, but you to can't be reading the whole topic!

I can't believe this, that I am being persecuted for something I haven't said! bloody joke!!!

Old 08-24-2005, 12:01 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Nate@EVO
Hey 996TT you are very smart to be questioning the different programming before you actually choose one. There are a few more companies out there now than when these tuning applications first came out, and having the car you have I am sure that you want to make the best decision possible. The last thing that you want to do is compromise the performance of these amazing cars.

Now, if I heard that the boost in a 996TT didn't start until 5000 RPM, I would say get that car into the shop because there is something wrong. It wouldn't matter what you are running software wise, at that point there is something very wrong.

As was said in a prior post, the K16 turbos are known for fast spooling. That is what makes the Stage 1 / Stage 2 so much fun to drive. The boost comes on very quickly. I have personally owned a 996TT Tip equipped with our Stage 2 package (EVO V-Flow Intake, DV's, GIAC Stage 2 programming, and Fabspeed Exhaust), and I can personally vouch for the fact that the boost comes on well before 5000 RPM. In fact one of our fellow board members bought my car and loves it. I am not discounting the fact that some people have claimed that the boost does come on that late, I am just saying that the situation in which the boost comes on that late is not something that we nor Garrett would ever accept. Plus, as PorschePHD said, the tuning comes with a money back guarantee, if your car doesn't live up to the expectation set forth by us or any other GIAC dealer, we will refund your money.

I hope that helps, if you have any other questions either ask myself or PorschePHD or any other GIAC dealer that frequents this board. Good luck!

Nate
Nate, thanks for the positive comments! takin' on board.

Thanks

Old 08-24-2005, 04:08 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute

Do you want to check the above link regarding the 5K issue!

I am not even stating there is a problem (as I have said before) various members who have had the GIAC are saying the power comes in slightly later than other competitors ECU mods!

I do want help but I can assure you if I want anymore I will not come to you as your behaving like a Tool!

Oh and you are so much better than anybody else because you use the forum more than others!!!

What a ****!
Let me guess... Soccer hooligan wins the lottery and buys a 996TT?

Old 08-24-2005, 04:18 PM

Originally posted by Zippy
Let me guess... Soccer hooligan wins the lottery and buys a 996TT?

Old 08-24-2005, 04:31 PM
I would seriously consider changing your name by the way

http://zippysrainbow.tripod.com/

Last edited by 996TT_STEVO; 11-11-2006 at 04:09 PM.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:34 PM
Banned
Neil@Orton is infamous around these parts
That brings back memories.

Neil

Old 08-24-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Neil
That brings back memories.

Neil
Had to, sorry!

Old 08-24-2005, 04:37 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Stevo - I'm not trying to give you (much of) a hard time. I too was in your position of wanting to get the best for my buck. I have read you linked post and every other post on this topic (on this and the other board) relating to this topic. I believe the people bad-mouthing the EVO/IA (GIAC) stage 1 & 2 have largely been associated with the company selling the competitive product. I also feel some of the claims made for the PSI stage 1 have been ridiculous. (Like spinning the wheels in the tires in 4th gear.) Give me a break. I don't like that kind of business practice. I'm assuming the PSI product is good and therefore should be able to sell itself on the reputation it has earned. As I said before, I am glad to see some local competition. I feel all those interested in modding these cars will benefit. The current environment feels like election time and there is a lot of convoluted mud slinging going on. It kinda has a bad smell at the moment. If I was you, I would wait and see how it all settles out and the initial marketing blitz turns into a number of unbiased members reporting real feed back so a more educated decision can be made. Maybe, as time passes, we will hear about some actual acceleration runs between the 2 tuners.

Old 08-24-2005, 04:43 PM
Cerberus is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Ecu Upgrade!!!

Stevo - If anyone needs to "chill out" it's you. Mabye switch to decaf.

If you are at all interested in getting any help around here, you might want to stop ****ting on people voicing thier opinion. Just a thought.

Mike
I agree with Zippy. Don't expect to get a lot of help by making negative comments about others intelligence, especially if you are the one asking the questions.

I am interested in this topic as well and would like to learn from the experience of others.

Cheers!

Last edited by Cerberus; 08-24-2005 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:44 PM
Hey Stevo - I'm not trying to give you (much of) a hard time. I too was in your position of wanting to get the best for my buck. I have read you linked post and every other post on this topic (on this and the other board) relating to this topic. I believe the people bad-mouthing the EVO/IA (GIAC) stage 1 & 2 have largely been associated with the company selling the competitive product. I also feel some of the claims made for the PSI stage 1 have been ridiculous. (Like spinning the wheels in the tires in 4th gear.) Give me a break. I don't like that kind of business practice. I'm assuming the PSI product is good and therefore should be able to sell itself on the reputation it has earned. As I said before, I am glad to see some local competition. I feel all those interested in modding these cars will benefit. The current environment feels like election time and there is a lot of convoluted mud slinging going on. It kinda has a bad smell at the moment. If I was you, I would wait and see how it all settles out and the initial marketing blitz turns into a number of unbiased members reporting real feed back so a more educated decision can be made. Maybe, as time passes, we will hear about some actual acceleration runs between the 2 tuners.
Excellent! You have now sent me a decent post without laying into me, I am still looking into it all, but my head is all over the place deciding!

Anyway i'm hoping that's the end of the issue and we can all be friends again!!!

Thanks for the advice

Old 08-24-2005, 04:46 PM

Originally posted by Cerberus
I agree with Zippy. Don't expect to get a lot of help by making negative comments about others intelligence, especially if you are the one asking the questions.
NOT ANOTHER ONE! GO AWAY PLEASE! CAN'T BE BOTHERED WITH ANOTHER FOLLOWER

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ecu Upgrade!!!