996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ecu Upgrade!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 04:53 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by 996TT_STEVO
...Anyway i'm hoping that's the end of the issue and we can all be friends again!!!...
Not quite yet STEVO -

I was going to suggest you change your name too, but decided not to until you started in on mine. Did you guys get the movie JackAss over there? Well Stevo is one of the guys in the "comedy" troop. Here's a short video of Steve - he's the one catching fire works in his ***.

Stevo - flaming ***.

Mike

Old 08-24-2005, 04:59 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Zippy
Not quite yet STEVO -

I was going to suggest you change your name too, but decided not to until you started in on mine. Did you guys get the movie JackAss over there? Well Stevo is one of the guys in the "comedy" troop. Here's a short video of Steve - he's the one catching fire works in his ***.

Stevo - flaming ***.

Mike
Good clip, used to watch that crap a couple of years back, better with Dirty Sanchez

Old 08-24-2005, 06:59 PM
silver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to all
Stevo,
I think with so many of the stage 1 and 2 kits that have been sold by all companies out there that they all most provide a noticable boost of power or no one would pay 1800 to 3800 US for them. I have never ridden or raced a GIAC 1 or 2 car. I do however have the PSI stage 1 and will confrim that it made a HUGE difference. I don't think my rims are spinning in the tires but I am in a tip and the torque converter probably would not let that happen even with more power. Bottom line my first thought when I drove my car after the ecu upgrade was that I might need to adjust the PSS9's before my next DE. I say that because the car pulled WAY more you could scoot to over 100 mph in no time at all. No doubt about it. The ECU should be the first mod on a TT in my opinion. Good luck choosing.

Old 08-24-2005, 07:50 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by silver
Stevo,
I think with so many of the stage 1 and 2 kits that have been sold by all companies out there that they all most provide a noticable boost of power or no one would pay 1800 to 3800 US for them. I have never ridden or raced a GIAC 1 or 2 car. I do however have the PSI stage 1 and will confrim that it made a HUGE difference. I don't think my rims are spinning in the tires but I am in a tip and the torque converter probably would not let that happen even with more power. Bottom line my first thought when I drove my car after the ecu upgrade was that I might need to adjust the PSS9's before my next DE. I say that because the car pulled WAY more you could scoot to over 100 mph in no time at all. No doubt about it. The ECU should be the first mod on a TT in my opinion. Good luck choosing.
Thanks for that!

Old 08-25-2005, 03:02 AM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by silver
Stevo,
I think with so many of the stage 1 and 2 kits that have been sold by all companies out there that they all most provide a noticable boost of power or no one would pay 1800 to 3800 US for them. I have never ridden or raced a GIAC 1 or 2 car. I do however have the PSI stage 1 and will confrim that it made a HUGE difference. I don't think my rims are spinning in the tires but I am in a tip and the torque converter probably would not let that happen even with more power.
Silver, I'm glad to hear you find the PSI stage 1 to be stimulating also, even with your tip. You can imagine what it must feel like in a 6speed. I hope you have the PSI exhaust to go with it too. They really do pair up well.

You're right in that any reputable tuner's ECU upgrade will yield noticeable boost in hp & torque over stock. They'd all probably yield close enough 1/4 mi and rolling start results with similiar hp ratings.

However, since the different tuners do not share the same program, the way each software reaches max boost will be slightly different. It is difficult to quantify, but it can certainly be felt. Let me say that some could feel more linear than others. I wish you have a chance to try other tuner's cars to enjoy the differences. They're like different cars, and they are ALL enjoyable to drive in their own way. It really becomes a personal preference as to which has the "best feel".

My controversial comment about the feeling of wheel slip is due to the fact that the PSM light actually didn't come on for me while the back was churning. It just feels like something is slipping back there. Perhaps my tire pressure was too low This feeling is obviously much more amplified in the PSI 550 car. Marking the tires will tell. I'm sure a GT640 or higher will feel the same way too when boost is built up.

STEVO, good luck in your search. If you can't find any car to sample there, maybe you should take a vacation here You really can't go wrong with any of the top tuner's products out there. I'd think finding a dealer that's close to you for service and followups is the most important factor.

Okay, enough said on this matter from me. Time for some wee hour runs

Old 08-25-2005, 04:40 AM
I might hide myself in the ECU when I send it over!!!