996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ecu Upgrade!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 05:57 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Ecu Upgrade!!!

Hi All, I have a 996TT TIP Is there any other recommended companies offering Flash upgrades via Port? (with possible switchable controller) I know Revo do it (don't know if they do it for Tip yet as there were issues with transmission!) I know about GIAC (a few members are saying most performance comes in 5000RPM + ) I really tempted with PSI (Neil Orton) but think I need to send my ECU of (I'm in UK)

I had Revo before with my Audi RS4 and it was superb, flash programme, you could alter timing, fuel, boost (within recomended limits through controller) and you could switch back to stock, undetectable etc, etc.

Looking for recomendations please!

Thanks

Old 08-22-2005, 09:19 PM
Kills Bugs Fast
45otto is infamous around these parts
I have the GIAC with the switch. The power is much better than stock and it comes on much earlier the 5000RPM. I am not sure where that number came from?

Old 08-22-2005, 09:27 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
I am not sure where that 5K number came from either. I will make this offer. Send the ECU, I will program it, if you are not happy with it I will refund the cost of the program, the shipping and the cost of the labor to have removed the ECU. The board as my witness!

Old 08-22-2005, 09:43 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
I have several tip 996TT running around in various stages of tune..

Software is by far the best bang for the buck.

Highly recommend the GIAC..

Old 08-23-2005, 01:45 AM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Hi again, Thanks for the input as regarding this 5k issue please check https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...threadid=31809

Thanks

Old 08-23-2005, 03:46 AM
Banned
FAT-911 is infamous around these parts
STEVO,

I have had just about every GIAC/EVOMS Kit that there is, I have never experienced any problems with their setups or ECU Tuning, all stages that I have had build boost extremely quickly and well before 4-5k RPM's as stated in the "other" post that you referred to.

As you are in the UK I understand your reason of concern, however I am in Australia and as mentioned I have done all the stages and currently have the GT640 set-up and going on to the GT700, I feel more than comfortable with GIAC, EVOMS & Imagineauto and would suggest you contact either one and ask your questions there rather than reading hype about spinning wheels etc with just 480 BHP and making max boost faster than anything ever experienced before.

Good Luck.

Old 08-23-2005, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by FAT-911
STEVO,

I have had just about every GIAC/EVOMS Kit that there is, I have never experienced any problems with their setups or ECU Tuning, all stages that I have had build boost extremely quickly and well before 4-5k RPM's as stated in the "other" post that you referred to.

As you are in the UK I understand your reason of concern, however I am in Australia and as mentioned I have done all the stages and currently have the GT640 set-up and going on to the GT700, I feel more than comfortable with GIAC, EVOMS & Imagineauto and would suggest you contact either one and ask your questions there rather than reading hype about spinning wheels etc with just 480 BHP and making max boost faster than anything ever experienced before.

Good Luck.
Just chill a bit! I'm newbie to the tunning territory!

I will make it clear that nobody here (in any posts, inc the PSI one) is rippin' any of the companies offering a ECU package!!!

Just want a bit help!

Thanks

Old 08-23-2005, 06:39 AM
Bill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud of
I believe PSI has a UK distributor (similar to Neil here in the US)...can't remember the name now (Robert Lewin ???)...check out their ad in 911&Porsche or GT PP.

Bill

Old 08-23-2005, 07:00 AM
Nice 1 Bill, I will check it out!

Now that's what i'm talkin' about!

Excellent help!!!

Old 08-23-2005, 09:54 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ecu Upgrade!!!

Originally posted by 996TT_STEVO
...I know about GIAC (a few members are saying most performance comes in 5000RPM + ...
I believe the only person I've ever heard say that sells a competitor's product. Competition is great, but your statement is not correct.

Mike

Old 08-24-2005, 02:19 AM
Re: Re: Ecu Upgrade!!!

Originally posted by Zippy
I believe the only person I've ever heard say that sells a competitor's product. Competition is great, but your statement is not correct.

Mike
As I have stated before Mike! I am only going by what members are saying on this forum (not just 1 or 2 by the way!) I am not trying to cause a problem here and would like to look into all competitors products before I choose! So can you just chill out a bit too! Maybe you should read the whole post before posting your comments!!!

Yip i'm a newbie! and I love your guys Forum, I just want a bit of positive help here!!!

I'm out!

Old 08-24-2005, 02:49 AM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
Good for you, STEVO. Making an informed decision before purchasing is key. Call your local GIAC and PSI dealers to locate nearby customers' cars for test drive first. Then you can tell us if the torque curve between the two is different I'm not saying one is better than the other. They're just different and give you a different feel of the car.

Old 08-24-2005, 07:36 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
My GIAC "flash" has had a huge effect (of course I did exhaust, intake and DVs). Pull 1.2 with no lag.

Old 08-24-2005, 09:03 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Re: Ecu Upgrade!!!

Originally posted by 996TT_STEVO
As I have stated before Mike! I am only going by what members are saying on this forum (not just 1 or 2 by the way!) I am not trying to cause a problem here and would like to look into all competitors products before I choose! So can you just chill out a bit too! Maybe you should read the whole post before posting your comments!!!

Yip i'm a newbie! and I love your guys Forum, I just want a bit of positive help here!!!

I'm out!
Stevo - If anyone needs to "chill out" it's you. Mabye switch to decaf.

I've been reading and contributing to this forum every day for a while now and IMO your statement that the GIAC EVO/IA boost doesn't come on until you are way up the RMP band is incorrect. I don't recall several people saying this.

ALSO, I've had a couple of different GIAC based kits (640 GT/R and 700) so my opinion is from first hand experience. The reputation of the stock K16 turbos is one of relatively low RMP boost levels. (low lag) In my experience, boost comes on sooner in my car then when I drove it home from the dealership.

If you are at all interested in getting any help around here, you might want to stop ****ting on people voicing thier opinion. Just a thought.

Mike

Old 08-24-2005, 09:42 AM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Ecu Upgrade!!!

Originally posted by Zippy
Stevo - If anyone needs to "chill out" it's you. Mabye switch to decaf.

I've been reading and contributing to this forum every day for a while now and IMO your statement that the GIAC EVO/IA boost doesn't come on until you are way up the RMP band is incorrect. I don't recall several people saying this.

ALSO, I've had a couple of different GIAC based kits (640 GT/R and 700) so my opinion is from first hand experience. The reputation of the stock K16 turbos is one of relatively low RMP boost levels. (low lag) In my experience, boost comes on sooner in my car then when I drove it home from the dealership.

If you are at all interested in getting any help around here, you might want to stop ****ting on people voicing thier opinion. Just a thought.

Mike
Apart from being plain stupid you obviously can't read!!!

Do you want to check the above link regarding the 5K issue!

I am not even stating there is a problem (as I have said before) various members who have had the GIAC are saying the power comes in slightly later than other competitors ECU mods!

I do want help but I can assure you if I want anymore I will not come to you as your behaving like a Tool!

Oh and you are so much better than anybody else because you use the forum more than others!!!

What a ****!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ecu Upgrade!!!