996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Speeding ticket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 09:47 PM
Turbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to all
Speeding ticket

Be careful on Angeles Crest Hwy. Slamed on the brakes when my K-40 went off. The CHP was hiding over the crest of the hill. Not enough time to avoid getting a ticket. It was a real bull **** ticket. 63 in a 55. I think he heard my exhaust and turned on his rader last couple of seconds. I asked to see the radar speed, and he said he could not lock on. What does that mean? Caught this on video. Anyway about 4 hours in the GT3 seats. They are the best.

Old 08-22-2005, 09:51 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Bummer, sorry to hear Ron.

Old 08-22-2005, 09:57 PM
Turbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to all
What should that ticket cost? k-40 is suppose to pay for the ticket. That is there warrenty. Will see if they make good on their word.

Old 08-22-2005, 10:01 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
that sUx ron. be careful out there.

Old 08-22-2005, 10:07 PM
He nailed my friend in his C-6 vette. He is going to try to fight it. CHP said to him, you must have been going the same speed but did not clock him. I should have the video tommorrow for viewing.

Old 08-22-2005, 10:10 PM
jaykla is a jewel in the roughjaykla is a jewel in the roughjaykla is a jewel in the rough
Et tu Ron.....that's you and Steve...man this is contagious! I hope you at least enjoyed the drive

Old 08-22-2005, 11:26 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
If he was over the hill, how could he get you on radar. You should have been recieving warnings as you approached the top of the hill. That is if there was other traffic anywhere ahead of you.

Old 08-23-2005, 07:59 AM
He had his radar aimed out the back. I was the first car. He may have turned it on instantly when he heard my car? I did not have enough warning to completly slow enough. As I passed him, I let up on the brakes, so he would not see my brake lights. It was to late. I believe the Valantine radar recieves an eariler warning than mine do to the location on the window. I have tested mine against my friends. My friend behind me does not think he deserves the ticket. Chp said you both have high performance cars, and there is zero tolarence up here. Other people were getting tickets for not using their blinkers. and just cars that stopped off the side of the road. Called illigal parking.

Old 08-23-2005, 08:09 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
I got let off for doing 100 down a straight on ACH. I was scared ****less. Cop was real cool and NO ONE was ont he road (it was around 6 a.m. on a weekday morning)

Stephen, it's HWY 2 up in La Canada where it starts to go through the mountains.

Old 08-23-2005, 08:12 AM
Et tu Ron.....that's you and Steve...man this is contagious! I hope you at least enjoyed the drive

It was Ric and I. Had a great time on the drive.

Old 08-23-2005, 08:23 AM
Cab Lover
Oweyea is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear you got it too. Now we're both part of the club. If you end up doing the traffic school let me know. I just did the online version and I have all the test answers.

~Rob

Old 08-23-2005, 08:25 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
If I were you I would fight it. My brother in law has sucessfully
used this defense several times. Since you asked him to see your
speed on his radar and he could not show you, go to court and present this information. Claim you were not speeding and when you asked the cop for your speed on his radar he could not produce it. At least in Indiana the judge will throw out the ticket.

Old 08-23-2005, 08:32 AM
Rob and Buddy G, thanks for your quick responses. I am leaning to the traffic school online thing. If I fight it and loose, there is 1 strike on my record. Rob, I will take you up on that. Late for work. Must leave now.

Old 08-23-2005, 08:41 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Radar units don't lock the speed any more, at least in FL. They stopped doing that 15 years ago. Can't comment on CA or IA. Gave the cops the ability to lock in a speed and show it over and over again to people, whether they were speeding or not. It does not date time stamp the speed. Even if it did, they're not obligated to prove to you on the side of the road that they were speeding. Won't work as a defense. Your word against his. You're only hope is that he has a problem with his log, certification of the unit, or testing the unit before and after his shift.

Old 08-23-2005, 09:36 AM
jaykla is a jewel in the roughjaykla is a jewel in the roughjaykla is a jewel in the rough
Rob, I told you that online shool is the way to go!