996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Windows not working properly

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 12:42 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Windows not working properly

When you open the door the window rolls down a little and then
after you close the door it is suppose to shut. I am having problems where I open the door and the window goes down but then goes back up before I shut the door causing the window to hit on the top of the door and not close properly.

Anyone know the fix for this?

Old 08-23-2005, 01:22 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Just needs to be re-coded / Reset with the ECU..

Old 08-23-2005, 01:38 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Is this something I can do or need the dealer to handle?

Old 08-23-2005, 02:09 PM
Officer Cartman is infamous around these parts
That's really wierd, I'm having the same problem - Seems to be because I replaced the battery last weekend.. Posted it on the Boxster Board and got these suggestions:

If it travels up and down smoothly when operated by the center console switch, your regulator is okay, which is a very good thing.

... it appeared they needed to re-learn some positioning. After one drive and a few up and downs they sorted themselves out. Might be worth operating them a few times and see if it rights itself.

same thing happened to me. the workshop manual just says to hold the button down (not use the one-touch feature) for a couple of complete cycles up and down. should do the trick. did it for me.

The same thing happened five years ago to my '99 while it was still under warranty. Dealer fixed the problem by replacing the window lift mechanism, part number 996-542-075-04.

Sounds like the microswitch at door handle - you won't believe how small it is when you get in there. Here is the directions to access. Good Luck! http://www.bombaydigital.com/boxster/projects/window/

Good luck, let me know if you fix it since I'm still fixed yet.

Old 08-23-2005, 02:16 PM
Thanks I will give it a try.

Old 08-23-2005, 04:35 PM
dherf925 is infamous around these parts
That was only one of the gremlins I had. I spent lots of bucks and sweat to no avail. I finally had to replace the battery and all the problems disappeared. I don't know if it was the battery or the reset that occurred when it was changed.

Old 08-23-2005, 04:40 PM
I've still got one gremlin that I've dealt with for a few years now.. Sometimes when I lock the doors with the remote, the windows sometime roll down a bit like if I were dropping the top. Totally random, really sucks when you come out from dinner and you see your windows halfway down. So hard to replicate, Porsche never did anything about it and the warranty's long gone now..

Old 08-23-2005, 05:02 PM
Johnfromjersey is infamous around these parts
its a constant power issue. happened to me when I had disconnected my battery to work on car. if your battery is dead this will also happen. try either unplugging battery and reconnect in 10 mins(should reset system)....if that doesnt work clean your terminal connections (under hood and in trunk). If that doesnt work test battery. if that doesnt solve it would be an electrical problem.

Old 08-24-2005, 09:19 AM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
Maybe a window reset will do the trick (if you haven't done that yet). push the down button and hold it 5 sec after the window is down. Then raise it and hold it 5 sec. The procedure is in the owners manual.

Old 08-24-2005, 10:04 AM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
I had a similar problem windows did not drop down the 1/2 inch when opened. It was fixed when I swapped the battery for a new one.

Old 08-24-2005, 01:07 PM
Strange, since this problem started when I replaced the battery in the first place. I've tried all the suggestions that have been posted, and so far nothing has worked.

It's wierd, because I can hear the door make some noise when I pull the door handle, but the window itself doesn't move an inch.