996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Resale value of RTurbo conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 10:40 AM
Kurt RSF is infamous around these parts
Resale value of RTurbo conversion

I'm thinking about having the 550HP Ruf RTurbo conversion done to my car. Everything else I have done so far to the car (wheels, suspension, seats, stereo, exhaust, etc.) could be removed and sold off and the car put back to stock if I were to sell it. However, if I were to go the RTurbo route, it seems I would want to sell the car "as is" as it would not be cost effective to return it to stock.

Does anyone have any opinion what the resale value of the Ruf RTurbo conversion would be on a 996TT? Just trying to think ahead.

My car is a 2002 X50. It stickered for $154,000, I paid $144,000 for it. I presently have around $175,000 in it. The R Turbo conversion would put me close to $200,000. Yikes!

Old 11-05-2003, 11:10 AM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Kurt the way I feel is at this point its trivial. I am into my car for well over 200k and obviously will never recoup anything that was done aftermarket. I do think of all the tuners that are out there, RUF will hold its value the best. When I mod my car and change things I do not think of resale. I do it because I enjoy it as well as I have had my TT for almost two years, not to mention I plan to keep it for much longer. If it makes you happy and you will get enjoyment then I say go for it.

Old 11-05-2003, 11:48 AM
Joe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to behold
According to Porsche market experts, cars originating from RUF
retain their value well, but cars modified, even whether by RUF, or
by others with RUF parts, do not accrue or hold much added
value, as shown by sales prices.
When you're 85, your memories and stories about how you
had a wonderful car and modified it exactly the way you wanted
it, will be good things. Enjoy the car.

Old 11-05-2003, 11:52 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
resale, resmale

lemme know when it's ready so we can get together.

Old 11-05-2003, 12:07 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
well said duane,

you guys are almost as nuts as moi.

Old 11-05-2003, 12:16 PM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Duane
If it makes you happy and you will get enjoyment then I say go for it.
My thoughts exactly....

Kurt... You will make it back on your FL Condo over the next several years....

Old 11-05-2003, 03:22 PM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
How much is an R Turbo upgrade? Looking at Kurt's post, it seems that the kit costs under 25 grand however, I heard it costs more.

Old 11-05-2003, 03:27 PM
RufTurbo is infamous around these parts
$25,000 euros ie $29,000 USD for 550 hp version

Old 11-05-2003, 03:37 PM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
Thanks

Wow, I did not know that the exchange rate was that bad. Ouch

Old 11-05-2003, 05:56 PM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Question Ruf Conversion Cost

$29,000 is not correct. The price I paid is considerably less than that. Call Asgar at Weissach who is Ruf's North American rep. and a board sponsor. I have absolutely no regrets and couldn't be happier with my car.

Old 11-05-2003, 06:01 PM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Re: Ruf Conversion Cost

Originally posted by Bruce
$29,000 is not correct. The price I paid is considerably less than that. Call Asgar at Weissach who is Ruf's North American rep. and a board sponsor. I have absolutely no regrets and couldn't be happier with my car.
He quoted me much less also when I inquired a few months ago...

Old 11-05-2003, 06:11 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Duane
Kurt the way I feel is at this point its trivial. I am into my car for well over 200k and obviously will never recoup anything that was done aftermarket. I do think of all the tuners that are out there, RUF will hold its value the best. When I mod my car and change things I do not think of resale. I do it because I enjoy it as well as I have had my TT for almost two years, not to mention I plan to keep it for much longer. If it makes you happy and you will get enjoyment then I say go for it.
Well said, and exactly the outlook when doing mods.

Old 11-05-2003, 07:56 PM
I already have the Ruf exhaust and the X50 package, so I get a credit for the exhaust and the turbos (I think). So I think the 550HP package would be a little less than $20,000. Don't remember exactly.

I agree with you guys. It's "entertainment value". To be honest, I started thinking about other cars that would be fun, I'm limited on garage space, and I'm sorta second-guessing myself.

On the other hand, the fun thing about doing the mods is it answers the question "What would it be like?".

Just got an e-mail from the owner of a dealership offering me an allocation on a Carrera GT. Anyone tried to get in line for one, and have a feel for how easy/hard one will be to get when they arrive?

Old 11-05-2003, 08:03 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Kurt, It wont be hard to get the CGT if you are offered a allocation, 1,500 cars over 05 06 07, 1,250 deposits in, 250 left, but Porsche stated they wont commit to that production number and will build to suit orders, thats BS when it is a car of that value, with current Porsche values its just rolling the dice, you taking one?

Old 11-05-2003, 09:02 PM
Hey JASCLASS,

Hey, I hear ya. Porsche isn't leaving any dollars on the table for car speculators these days. And they're not limiting production to keep values up for their customers either. I don't feel I could justify the purchase of a CGT financially the same way I could perhaps with a Ferrari.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Resale value of RTurbo conversion