996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Which is the best sounding exhaust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 09:03 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by collin996tt
You should really give the PSI exhaust a try, alex

Any one in the bay area that has an EP Quiet please let me know. I want to listen to it and compare it to the EP Loud.
Hey man.. I'm sure it does sound good. Never heard it yet tho Also for people that either have a tip or want no resonance the EP Quiet is the way to go. Apparently, even rich said it, there is some resonance with the PSI. Not a lot but some... The EP loud also has some I believe.

Old 08-25-2005, 09:04 AM
Cerberus is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the feedback.

As I was afraid of, there are lots of opinions of which one is best sounding exhaust. I think I will need to hear them in person to make my decision.

Sounds like I need to go to the German Auto Festival in Ventura on 9/11-12.

BTW, Anyone in Las Vegas on this board with an aftermarket exhaust?

Last edited by Cerberus; 08-25-2005 at 09:20 AM.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:23 AM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by sharkster
Hey man.. I'm sure it does sound good. Never heard it yet tho Also for people that either have a tip or want no resonance the EP Quiet is the way to go. Apparently, even rich said it, there is some resonance with the PSI. Not a lot but some... The EP loud also has some I believe.
You are right. It's actually more drone than resonance with the EP and PSI Loud. The way to avoid the short drone is to keep the revs at or above 3k rpm. I had actually wanted a PSI Quiet for my car but someone tricked me into a Loud I still want to try it some day just to see if it's a good alternative. I'd love to hear the EP Quiet too. It's so difficult to find people with the Quiets because everyone wants loud and LOUDER AND LOUDEST

I'll come by one of these days when I'm not so busy so you can see if the PSI Loud tickle your fancies.

Old 08-25-2005, 09:27 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by collin996tt
You are right. It's actually more drone than resonance with the EP and PSI Loud. The way to avoid the short drone is to keep the revs at or above 3k rpm. I had actually wanted a PSI Quiet for my car but someone tricked me into a Loud I still want to try it some day just to see if it's a good alternative. I'd love to hear the EP Quiet too. It's so difficult to find people with the Quiets because everyone wants loud and LOUDER AND LOUDEST

I'll come by one of these days when I'm not so busy so you can see if the PSI Loud tickle your fancies.
LOL! Sure thing man... we can compare them. EP Quiet vs the PSI one. Most people do want loud indeed! I mean look at me

Old 08-25-2005, 10:22 AM
Anyone with the EP Quiet attending the German Auto Fest in Ventura? For the guys attending the event, what kind of exhaust systems do you have? Thanks.

Old 08-25-2005, 11:44 AM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Get the Cargraphic Super Sound Export version. BEST sounding exhaust bar none. No resonance and was tested to make just as much power as the Fab. No offense to anyone, but the Fab sounds like **** in both versions. Europipe Stage 2 Loud is heavy and mine at least had WAY more resonance than the Cargraphic and wasn't very loud on the outside, only the drone on the inside.

Here again are some exhaust clips of my Cargraphic exhuast.

Be sure to right click, "save copy as", and save to your desktop. Play the video from there or they will appear choppy and won't sound right:

Cargraphic Cold Start

Launch

Drive By 1

Drive By 2

Drive By 3

Drive By 4

Lou

Old 08-25-2005, 11:51 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by LSM
Get the Cargraphic Super Sound Export version. BEST sounding exhaust bar none. No resonance and was tested to make just as much power as the Fab. No offense to anyone, but the Fab sounds like **** in both versions. Europipe Stage 2 Loud is heavy and mine at least had WAY more resonance than the Cargraphic and wasn't very loud on the outside, only the drone on the inside.

Be sure to right click, "save copy as", and save to your desktop. Play the video from there or they will appear choppy and won't sound right:

Lou
Hey Lou, car sounds great with the cargraphic exhaust. Now what exactly does that exhaust replace, right now on my M3 i have full SuperSprint race setup, s+x straight pipes back with headers no cats, sounds like an exotic/racecar and yet gives me optimal performance gains. Any recommendations what i should get, thankyou very much

Martin

Old 08-25-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by LSM
[B]Get the Cargraphic Super Sound Export version. BEST sounding exhaust bar none. No resonance and was tested to make just as much power as the Fab. No offense to anyone, but the Fab sounds like **** in both versions. Europipe Stage 2 Loud is heavy and mine at least had WAY more resonance than the Cargraphic and wasn't very loud on the outside, only the drone on the inside.

Lou,

Thanks for posting the sound clips. I will seriously consider the Cargraphics system as well. In regards to the Fabspeed system, I have discounted it because it appears the quality may not be as nice as some of the competitors. Also you opinion on the sound further reduces its viability. Thanks.

Sandy

Old 08-25-2005, 03:17 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which is the best sounding exhaust?

Originally posted by Cerberus
...I want an aggressive but refined sound at full throttle, but relatively mellow at part throttle and idle.....
This is how I've always described my Europipe Stage 2 Loud. It is a sport exhaust that IMO would appeal to a more mature ear. I was also drawn to the quality. Antoher thing is EP seems to be the exhaust everyone wants to compair themselves to. At the end of the day, you will have to listen for yourself. I didn't have that pleasure and bought the EP2 loud anyway. I love it. FWIW, the cargraphics exhaust seems to meet your requirements, but I've never heard it in person.

Mike

Old 08-25-2005, 06:29 PM
KompressorKev is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by iLLM3
Hey Lou, car sounds great with the cargraphic exhaust. Now what exactly does that exhaust replace, right now on my M3 i have full SuperSprint race setup, s+x straight pipes back with headers no cats, sounds like an exotic/racecar and yet gives me optimal performance gains. Any recommendations what i should get, thankyou very much

Martin
sorry, i don't mean to speak for Lou, but i believe the Cargraphic setup as well as most other setups are a set of mufflers and cats. headers change in general is disputed, as the stock ones are capable of handling high levels of power when worked on. so you don't have to worry about that being incorporated into the price. manufacturers' exhaust systems do not change headers, yet there are some tuners who offer cat bypass pipes. cargraphic does offer a cat bypass system that can be incorporated with their muffler system. fabspeed offers them as well. most tuners will offer mufflers and cats (ranging from 100 cell to 300 cell). when people advertise exhaust systems, they will be mufflers and cats. tips are often an after option. i am very familiar with the e46 m3's exhaust system setup, and i know your car must sound wicked!

ps - lsm's cargraphic export system sounds incredible. i love the gutteral growl that's characteristic of porsche

Old 08-25-2005, 07:18 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by KompressorKev
sorry, i don't mean to speak for Lou, but i believe the Cargraphic setup as well as most other setups are a set of mufflers and cats. headers change in general is disputed, as the stock ones are capable of handling high levels of power when worked on. so you don't have to worry about that being incorporated into the price. manufacturers' exhaust systems do not change headers, yet there are some tuners who offer cat bypass pipes. cargraphic does offer a cat bypass system that can be incorporated with their muffler system. fabspeed offers them as well. most tuners will offer mufflers and cats (ranging from 100 cell to 300 cell). when people advertise exhaust systems, they will be mufflers and cats. tips are often an after option. i am very familiar with the e46 m3's exhaust system setup, and i know your car must sound wicked!

ps - lsm's cargraphic export system sounds incredible. i love the gutteral growl that's characteristic of porsche
Hey man thankyou very much, i appreciate any info.. I love my full SS race, but only with forced induction, totally changes the whole sound of the car, i hater regular NA M3 exhausts, dunno why, sounds farty.

But anyway, yea i wasnt sure what packages these companies offer. Its very rare a company for the M3 will offer a full exhaust package setup, usually its like 1700 just for the rear muffler, then selling all of the s+x/1+2 pipes with or without resonators alone. But i think i would do the works, full race system, bypass pipes and headers. It will probably sound insanely loud though right LOL! But also its a turbo car, so the sound will be totally different from a base carrera or GT3, hmm what sucks is its not common you see a 996tt, and especially with different exhaust systems haha

Martin

Old 08-25-2005, 07:36 PM
vin457d is infamous around these parts
I guess I am one of the few... I have a Fabspeed Moderate and love it I get a lot of compliments on the sound too... It really is subjective..

Old 08-25-2005, 07:49 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Quality of Fabspeed???
Well that one went right past me when I did my search on the board for opinions.

I love my fabspeed and the power it produces as for the sound it is phenomenal for me.

Resonance is something you will get with any aftermarket exhaust as long as they are using 100 cell racing cats. I wanyed a freer breathing exhaust and with that in mind you will get some resonance, small price to pay, you want quiet stay with stock.

BBGT2

Old 08-25-2005, 07:56 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
We run AWE straight pipes on our GT2 ... And well lets say the sound is awesome.. For track I find this to be a great way to go, But for street it is much.. Weve had the GT2 down at CC and most of the usual suspects have heard it.

I have had a lot of luck with the following ( no preference to the order )
AWE , Cargraphic Loud and the Tubi all great systems.

I have installed them all on numerous clients cars and everyone seems to be happy..

It really depends on what you want..

Old 08-25-2005, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by vin457d
I guess I am one of the few... I have a Fabspeed Moderate and love it I get a lot of compliments on the sound too... It really is subjective..
I agree. Exhaust systems are extremely subjective; a lot like wheels. Thanks for your feedback.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which is the best sounding exhaust?