996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Which is the best sounding exhaust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 09:13 PM
Cerberus is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by BBGT2
Quality of Fabspeed???
Well that one went right past me when I did my search on the board for opinions.

I love my fabspeed and the power it produces as for the sound it is phenomenal for me.

Resonance is something you will get with any aftermarket exhaust as long as they are using 100 cell racing cats. I wanyed a freer breathing exhaust and with that in mind you will get some resonance, small price to pay, you want quiet stay with stock.

BBGT2
The Fabspeed definitely looks like a lightweight system. How is the quality of construction? The reason I came to my uninformed conclusion of quality was comparing photos with the Europipe, which looks very stout and substantial. Then again, the EP looks heavier than the others.

Old 08-25-2005, 10:39 PM
vin457d is infamous around these parts
Fabspeed quality???

I purchased mine used from another board member and have had it installed for 6k+ miles with No problems... I know Orlando (Orli930) has had his for about 15k+ miles no issues either...

I am guessing quality is pretty good but, then again I have not owned another exhaust to compare with...

Old 08-25-2005, 10:59 PM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
I think the quality of an exhaust's construction would usually show up in the resonance department. It is suppose to control sound. If the construction is poor, the sound will be crappy and resonate badly, which can cause headaches for the some people.

I've heard from several that the Fabspeed resonates badly.

Old 08-26-2005, 12:09 AM
mikescg is infamous around these parts
in the last few weeks i have had both the PSI loud version and the PSI quiet (only for about 30 miles)

but the sound quality on both is great, the loud is definitely loud and the comments about drone between 2-3k are correct in my case, i have a cab, but i think it would be a lot more tolerable in a coupe, as for the quiet version, that sounded just right to me, very very minimal drone and great at WOT, neil at orton was also super accomodating and helpful.

Old 08-26-2005, 12:21 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
We run AWE straight pipes on our GT2 ... And well lets say the sound is awesome.. For track I find this to be a great way to go, But for street it is much.. Weve had the GT2 down at CC and most of the usual suspects have heard it.

I have had a lot of luck with the following ( no preference to the order )
AWE , Cargraphic Loud and the Tubi all great systems.

I have installed them all on numerous clients cars and everyone seems to be happy..

It really depends on what you want..
Yea i guess your right, all upon me to make my decision. I just want the most gains and insane racecar sound, but i'll have that no matter what since im going headers/straight pipe's when i get the car, oh well. My #1 main concern is power gains, Fabspeed looks to be the leader in that department. I just wonder how much louder if any than my M3, cause the M3 is crazy loud! Too bad there are hardly any people in person with an exhaust and hardly any videos going around, oh well!

Old 08-26-2005, 12:42 AM
andreas is infamous around these parts
Fabspeed loud here and I love it. 15K+ and not a one problem. I have not heard anything that I like better.

Old 08-26-2005, 02:45 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by andreas
Fabspeed loud here and I love it. 15K+ and not a one problem. I have not heard anything that I like better.
Yea that might be the route i go, we'll see

Old 08-26-2005, 08:56 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
We run AWE straight pipes on our GT2 ... And well lets say the sound is awesome.. For track I find this to be a great way to go, But for street it is much.. Weve had the GT2 down at CC and most of the usual suspects have heard it.

I have had a lot of luck with the following ( no preference to the order )
AWE , Cargraphic Loud and the Tubi all great systems.

I have installed them all on numerous clients cars and everyone seems to be happy..

It really depends on what you want..
Thanks Fabryce.

Cerberus-

Check out the video on our website. Let me know what you think.
I have systems in stock and can ship today.

Click here for video

Old 08-26-2005, 09:09 AM
john revis is infamous around these parts
start-up is pretty loud with my Cargraphic until the cats warm up, but after that it's the level I wanted. The sound is great, but you certainly know there is a different exhaust.

Old 08-26-2005, 09:14 AM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by andreas
Sound really is subjective......I think the Fabspeed is the WORST sound ever. SOunds like a truck with a bum muffler and it resonates everywhere...... Cargraphic sounds like a Porsche and doesn't resonate. Just my opinion............

Lou

Old 08-26-2005, 11:23 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
99% of the time, whateverr after market you choose will be your favorite and all the others will be junk! It's crazy how that seems to be the case!

Old 08-26-2005, 11:39 AM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by Zippy
99% of the time, whateverr after market you choose will be your favorite and all the others will be junk! It's crazy how that seems to be the case!
I don't really agree. I owned the EP Stage 2 loud, Shank had the Fabspeed Moderate on his car, StephenTI had the Fabspeed Loud on his car, and I owned the techart race exhaust. I have heard all of the above MANY MANY MANY times... I sold my Turbo S, so, I don't even own a turbo right now, but, based on my experiences, if I bought another Turbo, I'd have a Cargraphic exhuast first, with the techart race a 2nd...Just my opinion

Lou

Old 08-26-2005, 12:55 PM
Cerberus is infamous around these parts
I am not against a loud burly sounding exhaust at WOT, but I want it to sound within character of the car. I want the car to sound like a bad *** Porsche 911, not a Civic, Mustang, Vette or worse yet, a truck. However, I want minimal interior resonance

I also don't want the car too loud, in that it sounds louder than it is fast. You know the saying, "all bark no bite".

Is there a way of converting this same thread into a poll?

Old 08-26-2005, 01:12 PM
EM 996 GTS is infamous around these parts
I used to love the TechArt racing mufflers, they are pricey. Good build quality and freaking loud.
low rev; deep growls and high rev; high pitch screams
I used it for about 2 yrs.
Now, I am replacing it with RuF mufflers, (installing next week hopefully)

loud/aggressive exhausts attract lots of people, including cops

Last edited by EM 996 GTS; 08-26-2005 at 01:16 PM.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:14 PM
Banned
Neil@Orton is infamous around these parts
PSI Loud is my vote.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which is the best sounding exhaust?