996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Which is the best sounding exhaust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 04:31 PM
Cerberus is infamous around these parts
Which is the best sounding exhaust?

I know this is subjective, but your advice would be helpful.

I have been recommend the Europipe in its various versions, but they are relatively expensive. I have also been told to consider Fabspeed, Cargraphics and modified factory systems. I want to buy the right exhaust the first time and not experiment. Basically I want the one that makes my car sound like a 360CS w/ a Tubi. J/K

My primary concerns are maximum power potential and reasonable sound levels. Most of all, I do not want excessive interior resonance, preferably minimal. I want an aggressive but refined sound at full throttle, but relatively mellow at part throttle and idle. Weight is not a big concern, as long as it does not weigh more than the factory setup.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Old 08-24-2005, 05:24 PM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
An EP Quiet or PSI Quiet may be your cup of tea. They are expensive and used ones are difficult to come by. You can put a WTB in the FS section and see if anyone wants to part with theirs. You may get lucky.

Old 08-24-2005, 05:37 PM
BDH
BDH is infamous around these parts
I have Tubi exhaust on my GT2 and love it. I had the Fabspeed on my TT and could not stand the interior resonance. The Tubi is the best of both.

Old 08-24-2005, 07:10 PM
supercup is infamous around these parts
I have Europipe Quite on my GT2 and am very happy with it. Their customer service was best I have experienced. I had Ruf on my 996 TT and liked it as well. I have a friend with Cargraphic and like it also.

Old 08-24-2005, 07:24 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Cerberus,

Definately dont go with Fabspeed Sport which I have on my GT2, I however love it wholly the resonance is music ot my ears this is the way it should sound from the factory, but that is just my taste. It DOES not sound like a rice burner but it SOUNDS like a flat six under pressure wanting to go fast. Power over stock is evident to me as I could only get 0.8 bar with stock ad now it spikes to 1.0 with 0.9 as a constant under WOT. Again if you want a better exhaust and dont want it noticable then from what I have read here go with the Europipe Quiet system. Your best bet would be to see if any fellow 6 speeders in your area to let you hear their car with their aftermarket exhaust, that is a sure fire bet that you will get exactly what you want. Just my .03 cents (inflation)

BBGT2

Old 08-24-2005, 07:31 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Everyone here that's concerned with the words "Drone or resonance" we always slap on a Europipe Stage II Quiet. That really is the way to go if you're concerned about drone..

Old 08-24-2005, 07:52 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Europipe without doubt is the finest.

Old 08-24-2005, 08:29 PM
DAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to behold
I have a custom protomotive exhaust on mine that doesn't drone or resonate in any wave, shape or sound...I love it. If you are near to them drop them a line...

dave w

Old 08-24-2005, 08:48 PM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
Cargraphic

Old 08-24-2005, 10:58 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
PSI, but i am biased

Old 08-24-2005, 11:08 PM
Dr. T is infamous around these parts
Don't overlook AWE in your quest. I've been very pleased.

Old 08-25-2005, 01:34 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Hmm, ok so enough of quiet. What is the sickest track/racecar sounding exhaust for the 996tt ??

Old 08-25-2005, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by sharkster
Everyone here that's concerned with the words "Drone or resonance" we always slap on a Europipe Stage II Quiet. That really is the way to go if you're concerned about drone..
You should really give the PSI exhaust a try, alex

Any one in the bay area that has an EP Quiet please let me know. I want to listen to it and compare it to the EP Loud.

Old 08-25-2005, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by iLLM3
Hmm, ok so enough of quiet. What is the sickest track/racecar sounding exhaust for the 996tt ??
That'd be the 5 inch chimney that alex had on his car.

Old 08-25-2005, 09:01 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by iLLM3
That would be my 5 inch cannons Straight pipes with no cats...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which is the best sounding exhaust?