996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Did you guys here Paul Walker was killed in a Porsche today?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 02:37 AM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
Terrible tragedy. My thoughts to his family and friends.

Old 12-01-2013, 06:42 AM
Banned
2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future
R i p

Old 12-01-2013, 06:56 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Sad day for any car enthusiast

Old 12-01-2013, 08:07 AM
NoGaBiker is a splendid one to beholdNoGaBiker is a splendid one to beholdNoGaBiker is a splendid one to beholdNoGaBiker is a splendid one to beholdNoGaBiker is a splendid one to beholdNoGaBiker is a splendid one to behold
You know, C-GT is a wicked fast car, no doubt, but no faster than many of the Turbos and GT2s on this board, and not as fast as plenty of them too. My point: it's easy to get in over your head fast in these, even if you (we) have a lot of circuit driving experience.Be wise out there.

Old 12-01-2013, 09:14 AM
bk944 is infamous around these parts
Good point.

Terrible accident. Paul Walker was a good guy. Very sad.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:54 AM
Isik is infamous around these parts
Rip...

Old 12-01-2013, 02:21 PM
Myclue is a jewel in the roughMyclue is a jewel in the roughMyclue is a jewel in the roughMyclue is a jewel in the rough
Rip pw.

Old 12-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Christian
Give me a break, you do not know the circumstances around the crash, only God does at the moment.

Also, the driver was his business partner and a successful circuit driver that had won several races etc so he was quite the skilled driver, but than again reaching probably triple digits on a public rd/highway anything can happen to any driver
Hey Christian. Long time since I have been on here.

I raced with Roger. He was a great guy and capable driver. I had a CGT briefly in 2005ish and they are squirrelly, but Roger was more than capable. Speed in and of itself does not bite someone like him. he would have known that area and that car's limits well. Something else was perhaps going on that we may never know about. Keep it safe people and reserve the speed for the track where it belongs. Easier said than done perhaps . . . RIP fellow enthusiasts.

Old 12-01-2013, 03:27 PM
Banned
2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future
it also reminded of that popular Philadelphia hockey player (Lindbergh) doin over 100 mph on a bend and hit a concrete wall with his souped up 930 in the rain!!

Old 12-01-2013, 04:19 PM
Terminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Doug H
Hey Christian. Long time since I have been on here. I raced with Roger. He was a great guy and capable driver. I had a CGT briefly in 2005ish and they are squirrelly, but Roger was more than capable. Speed in and of itself does not bite someone like him. he would have known that area and that car's limits well. Something else was perhaps going on that we may never know about. Keep it safe people and reserve the speed for the track where it belongs. Easier said than done perhaps . . . RIP fellow enthusiasts.
Never speak ill of the dead... but I am sorry, a capable driver? Speed doesn't bite someone like him? Really? Driving down the boulevard at speed which mashes Carrera GT into pile of junk which on impact explodes is reckless and totally irresponsible. And 9 times out of 10 such crashes are down to driver error. Considering he was bombing it down a bloody boulevard straight, at nothing less than warp speed, probably proves this point. As far as I am concerned, he was also responsible for taking his passenger's life. If he was in his twenties or he would lose it on a deserted rural road, I would kind of understand. As you say, easier said than done, we all fail at self control every now and again but it is regardless our sole responsibility to chose where and when we gun it! At the age of 40, in the city area whereby someone's child could run onto the road in front of his car is most certainly not where nor when. Sorry to be blunt but he was a ******. Nevertheless, RIP, a sad state of affairs.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:32 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Terminator
Never speak ill of the dead... Sorry to be blunt but he was a ******. Nevertheless, RIP, a sad state of affairs.
geez man.

speed limit sign they blew down said 45. venture a guess as to how fast they might have been going. sheriff says "it appears speed was a factor". ya think?

Last edited by '02996ttx50; 12-01-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:39 PM
Terminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by '02996ttx50
geez man. speed limit sign they blew down said 45. venture a guess as to how fast they might have been going. sheriff says "it appears speed was a factor". ya think?
Don't be confused. In his case I've made an exception as far as the saying goes.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:42 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Terminator
Don't be confused. In his case I've made an exception as far as the saying goes.
gotcha. turns out this thing happened just over the hill from here. the pics are shocking

Old 12-01-2013, 05:17 PM
MSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond repute
guys just because the car was anialated doesn't mean that they were going that fast, if you look at government crash test they are done at 30mph and the cars look like they were hit by a wrecking ball. the car burning just makes it look worse, the fire doesn't mean speed either, just could have taken a shot in that bad spot

Old 12-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MSIZZLE66
guys just because the car was anialated doesn't mean that they were going that fast, if you look at government crash test they are done at 30mph and the cars look like they were hit by a wrecking ball. the car burning just makes it look worse, the fire doesn't mean speed either, just could have taken a shot in that bad spot
give it a rest, skid marks down the street, car parts thrown all over the area, car wrapped around a tree and it explodes, i am sure he was driving the limit and being responsible. luckily no one else involved, RIP but do not act like this is not there fault, i wasnt there but i would be extremely suprised if it come back that they lost control at 45mph and this was the end result

dont get me wrong, it sucks when someone gets killed, however, call a spade a spade when its appropriate and like i said thank God another car wasnt coming from the other direction and was involved

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Did you guys here Paul Walker was killed in a Porsche today?