996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

gt2 decklid conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 12:02 PM
contsaga has a spectacular aura aboutcontsaga has a spectacular aura aboutcontsaga has a spectacular aura about
Smile

I love the look...

Think about painting the rocker panels to match...I did it to my TT and I think the proportions look better balanced...

I always wanted to add a GT2 wing to my also...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1548.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	307556   Click image for larger version

Name:	rocker crop.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	326.4 KB
ID:	307557  
Old 12-03-2013, 12:17 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
That turned out great!!

Old 12-03-2013, 12:30 PM
TorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud of
Vast improvement. The cohesive look is much preferred.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:10 PM
bedhes is a splendid one to beholdbedhes is a splendid one to beholdbedhes is a splendid one to beholdbedhes is a splendid one to beholdbedhes is a splendid one to beholdbedhes is a splendid one to beholdbedhes is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by redturbo01
So then you have the Getty design front bumper. I believe that's the one piece.
Regarding the led light I heard it didn't have that slight bow...but if our rear led tail lights are made one day(wishful thinking) we are going to have to go with the led brake light option to make it look complete...
that is the plan

Old 12-04-2013, 10:19 PM
bedhes is a splendid one to beholdbedhes is a splendid one to beholdbedhes is a splendid one to beholdbedhes is a splendid one to beholdbedhes is a splendid one to beholdbedhes is a splendid one to beholdbedhes is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by nick49
Looks great, and the SY doesn't hurt either!

Your ride height looks good as well. What suspension components are you running? Any scraping issues? I'd love to lower mine but scrape a lot as is in my subdivision near the mountains.
i have H&R springs, was ok when I ran 315/25/19, I just switched to 305/30/19 and it rubs the fender, I may need to invest on coilovers, but for the time being I'm looking into rolling the fenders.

I used to scrap my front bumper on the driveway a lot when I ran stock bumper. I replaced the front lip with C4S and it help a bit.
Now with the GT2 bumper and without the lip, I have better clearance. I really don't want to put the lip on just to trash it, not the best look but I think it looks ok

Old 12-04-2013, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by contsaga
I love the look...

Think about painting the rocker panels to match...I did it to my TT and I think the proportions look better balanced...

I always wanted to add a GT2 wing to my also...
do it! it's one of the best mod!
I agree on the rocker panel and would love to do the lower rear bumper too.

Old 12-04-2013, 11:08 PM
contsaga has a spectacular aura aboutcontsaga has a spectacular aura aboutcontsaga has a spectacular aura about
Bedhes, I have a DIY on the project on Renntech...

I took the rocker panel out and took the pieces to a custom painter and he charged me only $195 to paint it with a lacquar enamel...the waterbase stuff they use in the Bay Area Shops don't stick to the vinyl rocker material well...

A body shop was going to charge me $650 to take the pieces off and paint it...It took me 20 minutes to remove it myself and less than a hour to put it back...follow the DIY and it's easy...

I think you'll like the balance look of the whole thing when completed...Good Luck...

Old 12-05-2013, 01:53 PM
M996TT is infamous around these partsM996TT is infamous around these parts
Well balance, sweet package! Like the wheels. Exhausts look like it's speeding eventhough when stands still.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by contsaga
Bedhes, I have a DIY on the project on Renntech...

I took the rocker panel out and took the pieces to a custom painter and he charged me only $195 to paint it with a lacquar enamel...the waterbase stuff they use in the Bay Area Shops don't stick to the vinyl rocker material well...

A body shop was going to charge me $650 to take the pieces off and paint it...It took me 20 minutes to remove it myself and less than a hour to put it back...follow the DIY and it's easy...

I think you'll like the balance look of the whole thing when completed...Good Luck...
got it!
thanks!

Old 12-08-2013, 05:54 AM
Mr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to behold
Nice!! Now swap the tailpipes back as they are mounted on the wrong side.