996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone here own a BMW 645Ci?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 01:15 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Take a look at 20" Breyton Spirits on one. If that doesn't do it for you, nothing will!

Attached Images  

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 08-26-2005, 03:03 PM
Banned
Ferrarislave is infamous around these parts
The Breyton spirits look great on the 5 series as well!

Old 08-26-2005, 03:20 PM
MCJ
MCJ is infamous around these partsMCJ is infamous around these parts
Aren't those wheels very heavy?

Old 08-26-2005, 03:54 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by MCJ
Aren't those wheels very heavy?
They are not in the superlight range but beautiful. Some wheels are function over form, these are all class....

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 08-27-2005, 01:22 AM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
iDrive + no cup holders... not a good daily driver... IMHO

Old 08-27-2005, 09:18 AM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
Bretyons suck. But they do have a good, clean design (the one you referenced).

6 series coupe lowered on pricey 20s, full aerokit... amazing presence!

Old 08-27-2005, 09:24 AM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by 6088TTS
iDrive + no cup holders... not a good daily driver... IMHO
iDrive is simple and intuitive.... Its so easy to use and much much better than 500 buttons imo...

Old 08-28-2005, 05:22 AM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
I don't understand why idrive is even an issue for people who can use a computer. I have said it once and I don't mind saying it again. It's all a matter of getting used to it. It's actually pretty intuitive and if you can read a menu you can navigate idrive. A perfect example is WindowsXP. How do you turn off your computer? You left click start and then click turn off. Does that make sense?

The only people that I see complaining about idrive are people that have used it during a test drive. I figured the system out during my test drive and it was basically a non-issue for me. The 7 series and 6 series are truly great cars. The engines are phenomenol and the handling is superb considering what they are. As far as styling.... I think it will someday be considered revolutionary. The hallmark of a truly good design is that it looks better as time goes by. That is what the 7 and 6 series is all about. I receive nothing but compliments on it. In fact, I get more compliments on my 7 than I do with my cab. I have yet to hear a compliment about the styling of my wife's '05 S500 even with the AMG body kit and AMG wheels. It looks nice but it's not nearly as stunning as my 745Li. Also, compared to the cost of a Mercedes S class or CL class, the 745 is a freaking bargain.

Bottom line.... they are great daily drivers, long distance cruisers, weekend getaway cars... whatever. They are great cars.

Old 08-28-2005, 07:01 AM
TraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of light
Thats so true. How many of us have set up a Linux box. there is nothing intuitive at all about that when you're coming from the MS or Apple OS

Old 08-28-2005, 11:25 AM
Banned
So true, I to have also never had a problem with I-drive even when test driving a 05 545i.

Old 08-28-2005, 01:28 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by 2thfixr
I don't understand why idrive is even an issue for people who can use a computer. I have said it once and I don't mind saying it again. It's all a matter of getting used to it. It's actually pretty intuitive and if you can read a menu you can navigate idrive. A perfect example is WindowsXP. How do you turn off your computer? You left click start and then click turn off. Does that make sense?

The only people that I see complaining about idrive are people that have used it during a test drive. I figured the system out during my test drive and it was basically a non-issue for me. The 7 series and 6 series are truly great cars. The engines are phenomenol and the handling is superb considering what they are. As far as styling.... I think it will someday be considered revolutionary. The hallmark of a truly good design is that it looks better as time goes by. That is what the 7 and 6 series is all about. I receive nothing but compliments on it. In fact, I get more compliments on my 7 than I do with my cab. I have yet to hear a compliment about the styling of my wife's '05 S500 even with the AMG body kit and AMG wheels. It looks nice but it's not nearly as stunning as my 745Li. Also, compared to the cost of a Mercedes S class or CL class, the 745 is a freaking bargain.

Bottom line.... they are great daily drivers, long distance cruisers, weekend getaway cars... whatever. They are great cars.
My feelings exactly!! I learned i-drive within 5-10 minutes without the use of the owners manual... As a matter of fact, I don't believe I ever ebven opened the owners manual when I had both my 745's. I think people who complain about it have never used it, or just like joining the bandwagon. I used to hate the 7, but, now I think it looks fantastic, with more presense than ANY of its competitors... and, it drives sporty, which cannot be said for MB or Audi. And, now they have the 750 out which is only better in every way than the 745. Its sportier and faster, further distancing itself from Audi and MB...... ANyway, back to the thread, get the 650i, its sick!!

Lou

Lou

Last edited by LSM; 08-28-2005 at 04:37 PM.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:40 PM
Banned
I was a fan of the 7, 5, and 6 since they came out. It was a revolution in automotive design, to me anyway. Shortly after the 5, Mercedes realeses the CLS, which is obviously not something you would expect from them. They did it because of the different styling that bangle brought to the table, which made people think Hmmm maybe there is something different buy nice out there.

I honestly can't wait for the M6, with some Deep Dish wheels and exaust!

Old 08-28-2005, 04:09 PM
Bri
EE
Bri has a spectacular aura aboutBri has a spectacular aura about
breyton spirits are one of the best looking wheels you can put on a bimmer.

Old 08-29-2005, 08:15 PM
LapisCayenne is infamous around these parts
Do they discount the 6 series yet?

Old 08-30-2005, 02:03 PM
LapisCayenne is infamous around these parts
Anyone?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone here own a BMW 645Ci?