996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone ever dealt HRE on a repair?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 10:06 PM
cporterfield is infamous around these parts
Anyone ever dealt HRE on a repair?

I need to send one of my rears to HRE to have the outer rim replaced. I have read stories on this forum about problems dealing with HRE. I am wondering if the same is true if you just send a wheel in for a repair.

Anyone here ever send a wheel to HRE for repair? If so, what can I expect?

Old 08-25-2005, 10:30 PM
Junior Mint
Big Carrot is infamous around these parts
I'm not sure, but I bet it aint' fast!

Old 08-25-2005, 11:16 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Give 'em a call and ask, they're pretty straight-up.

Old 08-25-2005, 11:27 PM
orijinal_poser is infamous around these parts
i'm not sure if this company does HRE's or not, but i got my stock alloys redone by them & they did a great job for about $129 a wheel: www.fixrim.com

just give em a call and ask.

Old 08-25-2005, 11:37 PM
mikescg is infamous around these parts
about three years ago i bent an 18 inch hre 542 that i had on my 2002 nsxt, i overnighted the wheel back to hre on monday, they replaced the outer rim and i had the wheel back to me by friday, granted it wasn't cheap, but they were great, i called them first they gave me a claim number to write on the outside of the box and they contacted me the minute the wheel was done as to how i wanted it shipped back to me in boston, they were very understanding and helpful.

Old 08-26-2005, 06:12 AM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
They did a fine ... but expensive job on my wheel.

Old 08-26-2005, 06:49 AM
MANA is infamous around these parts
I have a set of HRE 841rs on my Porsche. They had anodized black centers and started to fade to a purple color. I had them sent back almost two months ago to get powdercoated, under warranty. I was informed the other day, by Todd at EVO, that they had finally gotten the wheels back but one had chips and runs in the paint .... PAINT??? I thought these were supposed to be powdercoated!! NOPE!! They screwed it up and painted them. Now all four have to be sent back and powdercoated. I assume it will be another one of these several week type situations. In the mean time my Porsche sits at EVO waiting for wheels ....

I doubt I'll buy HRE ever again.

Old 08-26-2005, 08:00 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
That's why we require all of our wheel vendors to go above and beyond when it comes to paint finishes. Extra layers, thicker clearcoats, stainless steel lips when possible - the warranty issues would kill us otherwise.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 08-26-2005, 08:16 AM
JamE55 is infamous around these parts
Re: Anyone ever dealt HRE on a repair?

Originally posted by cporterfield
Anyone here ever send a wheel to HRE for repair? If so, what can I expect?
I've dealt with them for repair on a minor rash. Took about 2 weeks and when i got the wheel back i thought they sent me a brand new one. Quality is great and transaction was smooth.

Old 08-26-2005, 09:52 AM
Ruiner is infamous around these parts
I just had my HRE fixed at Wheel Wizard here in Atlanta. I had curbed my left rear resulting in a nasty, 4" rash scar. 2 days later, it was better than new.

Ran me $205 for the fix. They also fix bends as well. The allow for shipping and 1 day turn-around as well. Let me know if you want the info.

Old 08-26-2005, 04:01 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Let me know if you need my help, I'd be more than happy to get your wheel back to new ASAP!! I recently bumped two of my own HRE wheels and I had to do my own... Sucked but they are back on the car good as new... Yes of course they took only a few hours.......

-Eli

Old 08-26-2005, 04:02 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
BTW: I'll be nice..... Price-wise..

Click to see example of before and after

-Eli

Last edited by Wheel Dynamics; 08-26-2005 at 04:04 PM.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:29 AM
cporterfield is infamous around these parts
Do you have to remove the outer ring to repair a bend? If so, I would rather just replace it. Does anyone know where I can get an outer rim other than from HRE?