996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

3-blink turn signal relay?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 12:40 AM
Aktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of light
+rep! <3

Old 01-07-2014, 10:32 AM
Empyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to behold
Just FYI, but I ordered the set that PL2 specified from this URL. $60 or so including shipping. I ordered it last night, and they shipped it this morning. Fast!

http://www.idparts.com/catalog/produ...roducts_id=553

Old 01-11-2014, 08:59 PM
Empyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to behold
Got my part from www.idparts.com in 2-3 days. First time using the company, very efficient.

Now, looking forward to the writeup. However, with the NFL playoffs going on now, I'd hate to think about doing a writeup after all of the beer drinking these days.

Old 01-12-2014, 03:18 AM
Mr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to behold
Subscribed

Old 01-15-2014, 07:05 AM
sanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud of
Subscribed... great mod idea!

Old 01-15-2014, 08:37 AM
rxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PL2
Hello,

000-998-229A is plug and play.

Best $60.00 spent on a car.

In a nutshell:

The hazard switch needs to be removed from the instrument cluster housing.
The instrument cluster and housing needs to be lifted away/propped up from the dashboard.
The hazard switch electrical socket needs to be removed from the instrument cluster housing.
5 wires need to be removed from the hazard switch electrical socket and re-connected into the corresponding adapter harness socket.
Tuck away the adapter relay onto one of the empty cavities behind the cluster.
Reassemble in reverse order.

No soldering or wire cutting required.

Totally reversible and the relay is passive.

Removal of relay from adapter harness puts system back into "stock mode."

Total time.. 1 hour with your favorite beverage close by.

Write up to follow..

OP, what tool did you use to get the wires out of the hazard connector ? Which wiring parttern did you use ? The VW Golf or Passat pattern ?
I looked up the recommended electronic tool and its nothing like I can find locally

thanks

Old 01-15-2014, 08:28 PM
PAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to all
Tracking

Old 01-16-2014, 12:02 PM
anikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to all
subscribed

Old 01-17-2014, 09:59 AM
MBH
MBH has a spectacular aura aboutMBH has a spectacular aura about
This is awesome, ive wondered about this for a while and have gotten used to the old tech blinkers enough to lose any initiative.

Old 01-17-2014, 11:43 AM
PL2 is so happy with his 3-blink mod that he's has no time for a writeup ;-). He's just driving around the DC area, happily (and legally obediently) doing the 3-blink signal to anyone he passes, and perhaps, just because it's so much fun, perhaps doing the 3-blink to people that he *doesn't* pass.

Old 01-20-2014, 12:37 AM
hly
hly is infamous around these parts
Subscribed

Old 01-20-2014, 07:09 PM
bmwade is infamous around these parts
Awesome! I've been very annoyed by the lack of this feature, I'll be ordering this as well. Now on to the windshield wipers, any mods there? They suck, either they go 90mph or I have to flick the the stalk up and down any time I can't see.

Old 01-20-2014, 09:48 PM
gevans58 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by rxbike
OP, what tool did you use to get the wires out of the hazard connector ? Which wiring parttern did you use ? The VW Golf or Passat pattern ?
I looked up the recommended electronic tool and its nothing like I can find locally

thanks

rxbike,
I found this kit: Schwaben Electrical Terminal tool kit #CE-70-2 for about $70 at one of the Vendors listing the 000 998 229A kit. Don't know if protocol permits mentioning the name of the vendor so PM me if interested. I'm planning to order the tool kit and the Comfort Module at the same time.
Regards,
GE

Old 01-21-2014, 08:02 AM
PL2
PL2 is infamous around these parts
Sorry for the silence...
I'm checking the wiring diagrams for 2001-2005 TT's to make sure that the wire colors are the same and I'm looking for an economical solution for the electrical connection pin release tool.
I borrowed the Klann "KL-0190-2812" as illustrated in the photo attached below.

I'm positive that you can purchase this tool separately from another manufacture since it's an Volkswagen Group tool.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	KL-0190-28_K.jpg
Views:	1670
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	323455  
Old 01-21-2014, 08:35 AM
rxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond repute
PL2
Thanks for the post ... Must be a way to make that darn tool for a one time install

Edit:
Think I found one that will work. Just ordered it and cheap too

http://www.amazon.com/Lisle-56500-Terminal-Tool/dp/B0009OR906/ref=pd_bxgy_auto_img_z http://www.amazon.com/Lisle-56500-Terminal-Tool/dp/B0009OR906/ref=pd_bxgy_auto_img_z

Last edited by rxbike; 01-21-2014 at 08:40 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 3-blink turn signal relay?