996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ending the Superbike vs Sportscar Debates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 10:55 PM
DAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to behold
Ending the Superbike vs Sportscar Debates

So...in the past month or so there have been a hundred threads debating bikes vs cars. Eurotuner and Super Streetbike magazines took the lead and did a shootout aimed at ending the debate. They matched a fully modded and tastefully built $60k Aprilla RSV 1000 against a Novitec Rosso 360 Modena ($260k & 565 hp)....both with pro drivers. They did 1/4 miles and laps at buttonwillow....the bike won both everytime. The article is in this months SSB, not sure about ET. Fun read....

-dave w

Old 08-29-2005, 11:15 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
in fact the Novitec Rosso 360 Modena is not very fast...

Old 08-29-2005, 11:21 PM
Banned
StephenTi is infamous around these parts
Mostly looks, not much go...

Old 08-29-2005, 11:29 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
i take on every gsxr 1000 on the highway and I win everytime. downtown chicago on I90....
even my friends 1200 cc superbike coulnt beat me when we took off doing 70mph.
no.... the debate is not over!
I ate a black modena on the Edens expressway just last week... at speeds I dont want to post...
there are a lot of hotdogs riding bikes, I have a 999 ducati myself, and they think they are fast...
not so.
I have yet to loose to a bike on the highway.
funny story:
I was coming back form downtown and 4 bikes wanted to race me... so I took each one at a time and made them look really bad.... then they blocked the road- all 4 lanes cause they were so pissed.
just my thoughts.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 08-29-2005, 11:45 PM
Banned
allanlambo is infamous around these parts
Novitec 360 ends debate

Old 08-30-2005, 02:26 AM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Originally posted by MARKSKI
i take on every gsxr 1000 on the highway and I win everytime. downtown chicago on I90....
even my friends 1200 cc superbike coulnt beat me when we took off doing 70mph.
no.... the debate is not over!
I ate a black modena on the Edens expressway just last week... at speeds I dont want to post...
there are a lot of hotdogs riding bikes, I have a 999 ducati myself, and they think they are fast...
not so.
I have yet to loose to a bike on the highway.
funny story:
I was coming back form downtown and 4 bikes wanted to race me... so I took each one at a time and made them look really bad.... then they blocked the road- all 4 lanes cause they were so pissed.
just my thoughts.

No offense but a well ridden GSXR 1000 will eat your car alive... Cars in the 750rwhp range still have trouble with them...

Old 08-30-2005, 03:26 AM
vtgts300kw is infamous around these parts
Motor magazine a few months ago tested a Turbo S versus the top of the line yamaha or suzuki, cant remember, around a tight/flowing track and the bike was a second (if that) faster than the turbo.

but as they said, they drove back the 250km to the city with air-con/radio in comfort while the rider was thrashed about on the bike, all for a pooftenth in laptime.

Old 08-30-2005, 04:45 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
the aprilia is one of the slower bikes as well. i had a rsv last year. does not even compare to the zx10 i have now.

Old 08-30-2005, 05:36 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
How about the video on Top Gear with the Ariel Atom and the bike? The bike got the jump on the initial straight but then it was all over from the first turn. Just like in cars, there will be a different victor depending upon the test. I like the overall tests one of the monthly mags due that combines 0-60, braking, figure 8, etc. for an overall time. If you want to be called the straight line champ a superbike is hard to beat with its high P/W ratio.

Old 08-30-2005, 07:39 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Oh no not this thread again! Just buy the Road and Track with the 1 mile test. The modified Viper and Saleen beat the 1 liter superbike.

Old 08-30-2005, 08:07 AM
DAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to behold
sorry buddy, I just find the debate so f'n humorous. The replies are all so funny...

but I do conside the rosso pretty fast; 0-60 in 3.6 and a mid 11 qtr mile is no dog. I forget the Button willow lap times, but they were not slow by any means....

I got "beat" pretty bad on my bike the other day by some generic american 4 door sedan. a taurus maybe. It was a very twisty road with 2 lanes in each direction. I was in the middle lane and oncoming traffic was heavy, so I didn't push very hard and risk drifting over the line at high speeds. He was all excited thinking his car was faster too...I hadn't even begun to wind up the bike. funny...

dw

Old 08-30-2005, 08:11 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
There is no question that a stock superbike versus just about any stock car is a no contest. Bike wins. The only one so far to beat a stock liter bike is the Saleen twin turbo and they had to go to 1 mile for that to happen.

Old 08-30-2005, 03:40 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally posted by ZLP
No offense but a well ridden GSXR 1000 will eat your car alive... Cars in the 750rwhp range still have trouble with them...
well, Im no pro.... Im assuming neither were they... but they did manage to do wheelies(all for of them at 70 mph on ther highway.. not to mention other stand up tricks- hands free.... ).. so I dont think they were beginners.
Ive raced a number of bikes.. on the highway only.... maybe just my luck.... but they seem to have a super hard time with me.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 08-30-2005, 03:44 PM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
to put the debate to an end - oral sex at 100 mph. Let's see any bike facilitate that....

Old 08-30-2005, 03:51 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by allanlambo
Novitec 360 ends debate
i was about to say the same thing

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ending the Superbike vs Sportscar Debates