996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

NEW PICS: Fred and Endra

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-08-2003, 08:08 AM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Man, those are some beautiful cars, and top notch photographs.

The motion shots are superlative...

the quality of those shots cannot be topped, period.

Congrats Fred/Endra, just amazing cars....

Jas

Old 11-08-2003, 08:40 AM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
i think i just wet my pants... wow the pictures were gorgeous

Old 11-08-2003, 08:49 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Fred and Endra,

Thanks so much for sharing your pictures. Your cars are not only beautiful but timeless in personel design. They are different in their own ways but the same. My car is similar but also different.

I have a couple of questions and comments. These questions/comments are subjective and in no way infer any choice is better. Just looking for your opinions.

1) Fred, why did you choose mesh for your front air intakes?

2) Endra you choose the front carbon fiber spoiler and Fred you did not. What influenced your decisions?

3) Both of you choose the carbon fiber front grill inserts, why?

4) Fred, with the clear front turn signal lenses why the yellow bulbs?

5) Both have choosen the Techart rear spoiler and deck. Endra choose the Techart II bumper while Fred stayed with the OEM bumper? What influenced your choice.

6) I myself like the OEM bumper but I hate my two black rubber warts. My preference is not for the painted to match rubber warts either. I really like Endra's wartless rear bumper. I wonder how much a new wartless bumper would cost?

7) Last question for Fred. With your choice of staying with the OEM bumper, what influenced your decision not to incorporate the Techart Rear Side Panel Inserts?

8) Both cars have the Techart rear window spoiler, what influenced your decision on this part?

Again, thanks ever so much for the pics. It really helps everyone make comparisons and decisions as to their personal preferences.

Last edited by cjv; 11-08-2003 at 08:56 AM.
Old 11-08-2003, 09:08 AM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks everyone for the compliments.

A little about how Ron took the shots and costs.

Sunrise shots: Endra and I met at a pre-determined location at 6:30 am. This way we would take still shots at sunrise.

Action shots: Ron came in a suburban and had a co-driver. What he would do for front and side shots is have his rear trunk open. He was strapped in so he wouldn't fall. He gave Endra and I walkie talkies so he could communicate with us as to come in closer, farther, etc....
For the rear shots, he would have us drive in front of him and he would take shots from the passenger side of his suburban. Overall it took about 4-5 hours.

For those who do like those pics, they can be bought directly from Ron. Feel free to pick
any of these 47 pics and let me know which one you like. You can contact Ron directly and have him create anything you want from postcards, posters, brochures, calendars, etc. (but of course at a cost).

I am having a 30"X60" poster done. It will be framed and laminated. (cost $575). I choose thisshot

And it cost Endra and I $750 each for the shoot. We got a special pricing since I agreed to have Ron use the shots he took for his advertisements/calendars he might produce. (he said he might use one of my shots in a DuPont Advertisement in the near future).

Sorry for the long email.

Fred

Last edited by fredttx50; 11-08-2003 at 09:35 AM.
Old 11-08-2003, 09:17 AM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
Fred;
The shot you picked will look great enlarged.
I think your explanation of how it all worked is helpful.

Old 11-08-2003, 09:34 AM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Chad, in response to your questions.

A: My radiator got bombarded by rocks, etc during Gumball. To hide the imperfections I decided to do the mesh. I love it as it keeps my front clean. ByDesign did the install and cost a couple hundred bucks.

2) Endra you choose the front carbon fiber spoiler and Fred you did not. What influenced your decisions?
A: I used to have it but it cracked within a couple of months. My car is very low and with the carbon lip spoiler it kept scraping. It finally cracked and I decided not to replace. Reason is it costs $1000 and I would break it in a month and the other is that I like it without. I am sure you noticed but when it's off, the FANG effect remains which I personally prefer.

A: They come like that with the GTS kit.

A: To keep the stock look when lights on. I don't like that bright blue look and to not have that ricer effect. Sorry Endra

Why I chose not to change my rear bumper:
A: I somewhat prefer the stock rear when the lower portion of the bumper is painted. I always like to differentiate my car a little and that is why I kept the rear too. Who knows, I might go for it at a later time too. Seeing Endra's rear during the shots made my mind go back and forth.

8) Both cars have the Techart rear window spoiler, what influenced your decision on this part?
A: Mine is actually the Strosek piece. It's not as wide as the TechArt piece. So a little smaller. Either one is a good choice.

There are a couple other differences between our cars:
1. I have the TechArt Eye lids
2. He has tinted windows, I don't
3. I have Silver Crest on hood and he has the TechArt Crest
4. I removed the rear wiper and got the bumper plug for it.
5. Endra's interior is Carbon Fiber and mine is Titanium look
6. Endra's is Tiptronic
7. And Endra is about to put a $20K stereo system as he plans to enter to Fast and Furious Auto Show Circuit

Last edited by fredttx50; 11-08-2003 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-08-2003, 10:35 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Fred,

Are you aware of a company called Stealth Technology (may be others) that has silver turn indicator bulbs that flash yellow?

What about the Techart rear side panel part that goes next to the intercooler exhaust vent. Did you look at it?

I really liked the rear comparison picture of your's and Endra's car. I can't help to to think I would like your rear bumper section without any bumpers (black or painted).

Do you recall the cost of removing the rear wiper?

Last edited by cjv; 11-08-2003 at 10:40 AM.
Old 11-08-2003, 11:02 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
sweet pics man, i really need to get my hot rod in and professionally photographed

Old 11-08-2003, 11:03 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
For those bulbs go to www.powerbulbs.com that is where I got my silvervisions. They are silver bulbs that still flash orange....
See my hobbystage for pics of that...god I just keep looking at this post and my mouth drops I will deff. order at least one, BUT WHICH TO CHOOOSE?!?!
Evan

Old 11-08-2003, 11:39 AM
EM 996 GTS is infamous around these parts
Hey Chad, here are my answers...

----

-Luckily, mine did not break yet

-Comes like that with the GTS, and they look cool. (IMO)

----
just to clarify;
my turn signals bulbs are using Silver Vision bulbs (Flashes Orange)
my clear side-markers are using generic Japenese bulbs, (suppost to be white, but it turns out to be light blue ish... Yes, its a lil bit ricey, but does it look like polar silver?!

5) Both have choosen the Techart rear spoiler and deck. Endra choose the Techart II bumper while Fred stayed with the OEM bumper? What influenced your choice.
-I love the look of real carbon fiber parts on the GTS kit.
I think Fred should get them, before the price went up again!

6) I myself like the OEM bumper but I hate my two black rubber warts. My preference is not for the painted to match rubber warts either. I really like Endra's wartless rear bumper. I wonder how much a new wartless bumper would cost?
-The TechArt GTS bumper is selling for around 3G. You can use either the black plastic or the carbon fiber diffusers. (Im using the Carbon)

7) Last question for Fred. With your choice of staying with the OEM bumper, what influenced your decision not to incorporate the Techart Rear Side Panel Inserts?
-----

-I wanted to be different than the rest, I didn't know Fred has one too until I saw his Turbo for the first time...

later,
Endra

Old 11-08-2003, 12:45 PM
cjv
Thanks Endra. You and Fred provided a great and most informative thread. Definitely a five star rating.

Last edited by cjv; 11-08-2003 at 12:48 PM.
Old 11-08-2003, 02:54 PM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is infamous around these parts
Fred & Endra,

The pictures are amazing and both your cars are truly unique in their own way!

Fred, I love the picture you've chosen for your poster. Now, all you need are some shots with a lingerie model lying all over the car - you could probably make a fortune!

Eric

Old 11-08-2003, 03:35 PM
Z06J is infamous around these parts
Hey Fred what wheels are those and what size? They look great as do all of the other pics.

Old 11-08-2003, 03:53 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Z06J
Hey Fred what wheels are those and what size? They look great as do all of the other pics.
They are 19" HRE 543R's....
Evan

Old 11-09-2003, 08:39 AM
Frisco is infamous around these parts
awesome pics!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: NEW PICS: Fred and Endra