996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Video of the New Record 996TT 1/4mile

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 02:54 PM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by sharkster
It's a slow-ghey-tip

Thanks!
Congratulations. Are you shfting or driving it to the redline and letting the car shift? Are you launching in first? Doesn't look like you're doing anything as far as getting the RPM up - looks like you almost come off the brake and hit WOT and just go.

Do you have the EVO airbox?

Thanks

Old 09-05-2005, 03:02 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Doug H
Kick ***. Guess tips aren't so ghey after all. The shark emblem on the back rocks.
Thanks man! I guess they still are

BTW- Dave @ www.motorsport-design.com made it

Old 09-05-2005, 03:05 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Ken
Congratulations. Are you shfting or driving it to the redline and letting the car shift? Are you launching in first? Doesn't look like you're doing anything as far as getting the RPM up - looks like you almost come off the brake and hit WOT and just go.

Do you have the EVO airbox?

Thanks
Thanks Ken.. One one I shifted and the other I let it alone... I'm launching it at around 3k. I need to practise my launches but it was the first time out so I'm going to practise some more...

PS Yes I do have the intake

Last edited by sharkster; 09-05-2005 at 03:20 PM.
Old 09-05-2005, 03:09 PM
Vrrrroooooomm
GT-Racer is infamous around these parts
You're real fast Sharky! & love the bazooka pipes...

Next step, NOS?

Old 09-05-2005, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by GT-Racer
You're real fast Sharky! & love the bazooka pipes...

Next step, NOS?
Heheh thanks bud... I dunno about the NOS tho:P I'll leave that to Chad

Old 09-05-2005, 03:24 PM
Banned
allanlambo is infamous around these parts
Thanks man! Now that you're back in Arizona are you going to come out to SILV in Vegas? I'm thinking of going and running... Was just the first time out there so I'm going to try and get better than that next time with a few more mph
Yes i plan on doing lots of events, but honestly i prefer to try and do the standing one mile event. Call me chicken****, but going flat out for 90miles at 200miles an hour i would of done in my younger days, but i value life more now.

Old 09-05-2005, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by allanlambo
Yes i plan on doing lots of events, but honestly i prefer to try and do the standing one mile event. Call me chicken****, but going flat out for 90miles at 200miles an hour i would of done in my younger days, but i value life more now.
No way man.. I'm the same. Seriously, since being married I've cut that stuff out. I'm too chicken to do the 1mile stuff ven.. The SILV in Vegas is just the 1/4mile stuff

Old 09-05-2005, 03:59 PM
Ruiner is infamous around these parts
Congrats, Alex. The runs were great. Your trap speed is what impresses me more so than the ET. I would like to see you run in the 140mph+ area, next.

Old 09-05-2005, 04:04 PM
MANA is infamous around these parts
Sharky, SWEET!!!! U DA MAN!!!

Old 09-05-2005, 04:10 PM
Banned
allanlambo is infamous around these parts
No way man.. I'm the same. Seriously, since being married I've cut that stuff out. I'm too chicken to do the 1mile stuff ven.. The SILV in Vegas is just the 1/4mile stuff
Oh ill do the 1/4 mile stuff, no prob, even one mile too, but extended high speed im too old for.

Old 09-05-2005, 04:40 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
congrats Alex......
I keep harping on one thing over and over....
has anyone broke into the 10s with a 6 speed tranny?
Im getting very close but its so hard to get a 1.6 60 foot....
Im guessing that the TIP takes away lots of these headaches.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-05-2005, 05:33 PM
Q8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud of
Sharky,
your one of the few men around with guts, glory and the dedication to the Porsches. I applaud you big time. I might harrass you by asking you a few questions if you don't mind. I am trying to go the way you have gone when it comes to modifying your Tip P-car. Can you give me detailed input on your car (Engine and Tranny work done) As i think i am miles & miles to get close to yours.
Thanks for being so dedicated to the Porsche Community .... and keep the good times rolling.....SAFELY... that is.

Old 09-05-2005, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Ruiner
Congrats, Alex. The runs were great. Your trap speed is what impresses me more so than the ET. I would like to see you run in the 140mph+ area, next.
Thanks bud! I figured with some cooler temperatures I might get about 3-4mph more so that'd put it at 138 which is close. I might have to shed another hundred pounds (go back to the light weight battery, remove a seat or two and then get rid of the front 275s).

Old 09-05-2005, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by MANA
Sharky, SWEET!!!! U DA MAN!!!
Thanks bud! Can you imagine what the track would say about your "cab" doing the same thing.. They wouldn't be best pleased....

Old 09-05-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by allanlambo
Oh ill do the 1/4 mile stuff, no prob, even one mile too, but extended high speed im too old for.
Cool and you might think you're too old for the other stuff but maybe I just never grew the sack for the other stuff. I don't know how the bikers do it either. I just won't do that stuff now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Video of the New Record 996TT 1/4mile