996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Video of the New Record 996TT 1/4mile

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 03:43 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by MrBlonde
Alex, good runs. You're getting 6.9x @ 104-105MPH to half track which means you are picking up a lot of time in the top half of the track.

The short time is not so good but you know that already. You desperately need better rubber and to stall up on the convertor much better on the line.

Fitting some 15" rims to the rear even with drag radials will get you plenty. Fitting slicks will net even more.

Also you need to ditch those monster front wheels/tyres for the strip and get either front runners or skinny narrow and hard cross plys.

Your auto tranny is shifting really slowly, it sounds stock! Plenty to be gained there.

And yes, go to a sea level track on a ccold night, you will pick up a lot more power.
Hey Kenny, yeps the front 1/8th could be better but it's a fine line on these street tires. Launch too hard and the car bogs as well so.. Kinda like the 6speed. The best I could do is probably go with some 18 inch Drag Radials since I have the huge brakes Nobody wants to work on the tranny shifts unfortunately

Old 09-06-2005, 03:43 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by JDN17
Very nice runs... makes me want to get a tip for the next one. That thing is wicked fast!
Thanks man... why would anyone want one of these slow-pokes

Old 09-06-2005, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Paul2x
Hey Sharky, Great run!!
What RPM did you launch at?
Thanks man.. I tried a few different launches. The 1.62 60 foot was done with a pretty feeble 2800rpms. If I went up to 3500 the thing tended to bog

Old 09-06-2005, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by alex911s
gotta admit that was better than ****

Very nice times Alex, impressive...
LOL I dunno about that Alex... **** is ****...

Old 09-06-2005, 07:13 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Most drag cars ARE automatics! It is much harder to launch a 6 speed. He is launching at 3000 rpm's.

Old 09-06-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by buddyg
Most drag cars ARE automatics! It is much harder to launch a 6 speed. He is launching at 3000 rpm's.
It sure is... first 6speed to get in the 10s gets a full weekend pass at the Bunny ranch

Old 09-06-2005, 11:16 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by tjmpb
I don't know much about all the different models of modified cars out doing 1/4 mile times, but...

aren't they (almost) always stick shift? If so, is Sharky's one of the fastest automatics? Not just 996tt's but against other cars with automatic transmissions?
most big time drag cars are auto's, more consistent and can lay down power better in general

Old 09-06-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by HotRodGuy
most big time drag cars are auto's, more consistent and can lay down power better in general
That's true in terms of consistency... Much harder to drag with a manual.

Old 09-06-2005, 01:19 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Nice run! It still looks like there is more in her on the launch. If you can get into the 1.5's in cooler weather it will be a low 10!

Old 09-06-2005, 01:20 PM
MANA is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by sharkster
Thanks bud! Can you imagine what the track would say about your "cab" doing the same thing.. They wouldn't be best pleased....
If mine was a Tippy I would probably try a run. With a 6 speed ... nope. It takes more than one pass to get these babies dialed in and I don't want my one shot to be a bad one.

Old 09-06-2005, 01:24 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by MANA
If mine was a Tippy I would probably try a run. With a 6 speed ... nope. It takes more than one pass to get these babies dialed in and I don't want my one shot to be a bad one.
well, just let up at the 1/8th mile if you get a ****ty launch

Old 09-06-2005, 01:27 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Congratulations Sharky... Your TT is WICKEDLY FAST!!

Old 09-06-2005, 02:03 PM
MANA is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by HotRodGuy
well, just let up at the 1/8th mile if you get a ****ty launch
Hey ... that's an idea.

Old 09-06-2005, 03:09 PM
BCS996TT is infamous around these parts
Awesome run!!!!!

You've come a long way since the Upsolute Days....

Enjoy her in good health!

Old 09-06-2005, 05:26 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Damm Sharky, congrats on the run man, hopefully you will be getting the times and trap speed you want. You should bring it to Etown here in Jersey, its getting nice and cool out now, my car is running like an animal as well. Cant wait to break 11's

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Video of the New Record 996TT 1/4mile