996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

swapping my a28 for a3076 same setup gain?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 01:08 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
3071s, IMO..

Old 03-03-2014, 01:49 PM
mtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by johnspeed
3071s, IMO..
John 3071 are not popular choice and not big improvement over gt28 ! explain why would you go that route?

Old 03-03-2014, 02:04 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Just because it's not popular to the masses that follow others leads, doesn't mean it's not a big improvement over the 28s.
I have done reaserch and talked to a few tuners and builders about moving up for my 18g set-up with all the supporting mods and my wants of a pump gas Street car with no internal engine builds,,
They recommended them but the 3076s are more common because of the potential down the road if more engine work is done.
I have posted in the past on here about this,, as others have shared there input on 3071s..
These are my findings that I am sharing..

Old 03-03-2014, 02:17 PM
mtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by johnspeed
Just because it's not popular to the masses that follow others leads, doesn't mean it's not a big improvement over the 28s.
I have done reaserch and talked to a few tuners and builders about moving up for my 18g set-up with all the supporting mods and my wants of a pump gas Street car with no internal engine builds,,
They recommended them but the 3076s are more common because of the potential down the road if more engine work is done.
I have posted in the past on here about this,, as others have shared there input on 3071s..
These are my findings that I am sharing..
you might give a look into 3073 to (possibly my choice)! good midrange with good top also!few guys run these!

good tread to look at https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...76s-spool.html

Last edited by mtlsp; 03-03-2014 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by mtlsp
you might give a look into 3073 to (possibly my choice)! good midrange with good top also!few guys run these!

good tread to look at https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...76s-spool.html

Yes I was told about those custom build 3073s also..Thanks..
I have been stuck for awhile going to that next level,,as many have seen on this site..
My package runs so great and since I am going to run pump gas only,,I am so torn on doing it.
If I was willing to do it,my best bang for the buck with my 18g set-up would be Meth and that would be the limits of my stock internals then... It would be over then ,done deal and no external mod worries,,,for now..

Old 03-03-2014, 03:12 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
GT700 has the lines upgraded as well. Also you may already have a 2nd pump. If not it's an easy add and you are ready to go. You will just about hit your goal with 93. On race it's whatever you have the nuts for!

Old 03-03-2014, 03:24 PM
personaly i prefer go bigger turbo no meth !yes meth is cheap way to bump hp but engine will not last cuz uneven distribution and possible failure etc...bin there ...better go into e85 setup but not cheap and try to find that juice......

Old 03-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
johnspeed all you have to do is rub on a set of stunning tial 3071 turbos and you wouldnt have to think any more!!!

Old 03-03-2014, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
johnspeed all you have to do is rub on a set of stunning tial 3071 turbos and you wouldnt have to think any more!!!

LOL... I am afraid of going there...LOL..
If I wasn't going to run only pump gas, It would be a done deal with no questions asked...
Tough to spend all the time and money to test this out over what I have now.. LOL..

Old 03-03-2014, 05:57 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
just for you john!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0364.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	2.12 MB
ID:	341597   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0360.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	341598  
Old 03-03-2014, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
just for you john!

Thanks Buddy,,,now no sleep tonight.. LOL..

Old 03-03-2014, 09:45 PM
orbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud of
3inch straight X pipe,gt700 fuel kit,72 lb injectors, gt2rs IC's,maestro 7 program
looking for 650whp pump 700whp c16 stock engine
Get ur self the push through air system and you can get to 700whp on c16 with no issues. I ran 686whp on A28's on pump and meth with no issues at all on 26psi. To take advantage of the 30's they will shin after 150 mph. By then 9 out 10 times your hitting the breaks. I run 851whp and 857ft on A28's. Ofcourse that's on a built motor with 29psi. I hit my peak torque @3800rpm in 3rd gear.

Last edited by orbelo; 03-03-2014 at 09:48 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:47 AM
Orbelo , i need to lean more about meth from you guys !in the past i have blew my engine with meth result : 2 first cylender from intake we're getting 75% meth and almost nothing for the 2 last one !i am afraid with our intake design the cylender in the middle get min 50% meth and alot less for 2 other but i am not a guru just asking, i am curious where did you tap your jet in for best distribution?how do you know meth is going into all 6 cylender equally ?

Originally Posted by orbelo
Get ur self the push through air system and you can get to 700whp on c16 with no issues. I ran 686whp on A28's on pump and meth with no issues at all on 26psi. To take advantage of the 30's they will shin after 150 mph. By then 9 out 10 times your hitting the breaks. I run 851whp and 857ft on A28's. Ofcourse that's on a built motor with 29psi. I hit my peak torque @3800rpm in 3rd gear.

Old 03-04-2014, 06:31 AM
dynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by orbelo
what fuel system were you running on 29psi?(fuel pumps and injectors)Thank you.

Old 03-04-2014, 06:37 AM
Orbelo , i need to lean more about meth from you guys !in the past i have blew my engine with meth result : 2 first cylender from intake we're getting 75% meth and almost nothing for the 2 last one !i am afraid with our intake design the cylender in the middle get min 50% meth and alot less for 2 other but i am not a guru just asking, i am curious where did you tap your jet in for best distribution?how do you know meth is going into all 6 cylender equally ?

Blew a 996 Turbo engine with Meth?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: swapping my a28 for a3076 same setup gain?