996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996 check engine light drive to workshop?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 06:44 AM
samyy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ASLAN

I thought you said it was NOT the plugs. I guess I misread your post. An experienced exotic car dealer should certainly ensure the car is perfect when selling it. That's the whole point of dealing with a dealer of exotic cars. I bought mine from one of those as well.

If he is not willing to do whatever it takes to get the car running right, I would definitely back out. Now that he is on notice about the problems, he will have a hard time selling the car in it's present condition, unless he decides not to disclose it to the next buyer, which would make him an unethical dealer in the first place, and not worth dealing with. Good luck!

Well the indy said that hes not 100% sure if its the plugs he doesnt wanna say it is and then I go through with the plugs and doesnt solve my issue. But he just told me he wpuld starr with spark plugs since its the cheapest option I will be taking it to another indy and seeing what they say

Old 03-05-2014, 08:02 AM
nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !
Unless you bought the car knowing it needed work, I'd take it back immediately to the dealer and demand they fix it. Plain and simple! Also contact the shop that did the PPI and let them know what is happening. They should be somewhat liable if they did not roadtest the car and discover this issue. It is possible that it just popped up but somewhat unlikely.

Don't drag your feet on this. Sounds to me like a simple coil/plug issue. Take the car back to where you bought it and tell them you want it fixed. You did not buy a car as a fixer upper. ( If that is the case) If not, you're on your own. GL

Old 03-05-2014, 09:53 AM
ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by samyy
Well the indy said that hes not 100% sure if its the plugs he doesnt wanna say it is and then I go through with the plugs and doesnt solve my issue. But he just told me he wpuld starr with spark plugs since its the cheapest option I will be taking it to another indy and seeing what they say
Were the codes read???

Old 03-20-2014, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by ASLAN

Were the codes read???

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140320_122350.png
Views:	186
Size:	387.9 KB
ID:	349159

Name:	ForumRunner_20140320_122339.png
Views:	187
Size:	404.9 KB
ID:	349158

Sorry guys its been a while but here are the codes I got when I scanned the car any ideas im thinking spark plugs and 02 sensor

Old 03-20-2014, 10:42 AM
rxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond repute
[QUOTE=samyy;4072669]Attachment 349159

Attachment 349158

Sorry guys its been a while but here are the codes I got when I scanned the car any ideas im thinking spark plugs and 02 sensor[/QUOTE

Since this happened right after the purchase, I'd let the selling dealer deal with it. You could be throwing money at it. The cheapest thing on the list is O2 sensor but with multiple misfire, could be coils, spark plugs, injectors which you'd be chasing to diagnose.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:27 PM
Hey guys so I just replaced the spark plugs myself and a friend. The car is running beatiful and the check engine light hasnt came on since I changed them so I got my fingers croosed I wont have to see that light on or anytime soon

Old 03-25-2014, 04:50 PM
YJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond repute
I was gonna suggest changing the coilpacks too since its a ***** just doing spark plugs alone and going back later.

Old 03-25-2014, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by YJosephTT
I was gonna suggest changing the coilpacks too since its a ***** just doing spark plugs alone and going back later.
Hey joseph I thought about it to but I didnt feel like the coil packs where bad....but I know its always good to change them aswell. Its ok im ready to get down and dirty with her again if I have to

Old 03-25-2014, 08:05 PM
ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !
Great news that she is running good now! Hopefully you did a good inspection on your coil packs - those hairline cracks are hard to see. 5 out of 6 of mine had cracks when I did my plugs.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PORSCHE PLUGS-COILS-INTERCOOLERS 030.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	425.5 KB
ID:	351170  
Old 03-26-2014, 10:20 PM
breakfast is infamous around these partsbreakfast is infamous around these partsbreakfast is infamous around these parts
thats gotta be the one from o-ville autosport?

congrats on the purchase. I checked out that car. did he work on the price?
what did the ppi find?

Old 03-26-2014, 11:23 PM
Yea thats the one they didnt do much with the price but they did fix a couple of things that was worth $3600 parts and labour one thing that I didnt like was that the passenger window didnt work (wasnt going up or down) so they replaced the whole motor for the window and worked completly fine but they didnt change the latch since it was working at the time so when I took it home and had it for about a week or two the latch went bad what luck I have anyways so I called the dealer up and told him that it wasnt working and what he basically said to me well to bad I sold the car already blah blah blah w.e I wasnt gonna argue with this guy and when I called him I was at ians (the mechanic that fixed all the things with the car) place hockley autosport he told me that the latch was working when he changed the motor so there was no point of changing it so anyways ian is a great guy by the way he was nice enuff to not charge me labour with the latch job but heres a picture of the ppi

Name:	ForumRunner_20140327_012249.png
Views:	147
Size:	300.9 KB
ID:	351677