996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
View Poll Results: Which one do you prefer?
TechArt PSS9
9.38%
FVD PSS9
12.50%
Re-Designed H&R
9.38%
Ruf PSS9
37.50%
KW V3
3.13%
JRZ/Moton Triple Adjustable Suspension
9.38%
Bilstein PSS9 (Euro Version)
9.38%
Bilstein PSS9 (USA Version-released November 2003)
9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Suspension Suggesion Poll

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 03:01 PM
Chris Y. is infamous around these parts
With a soft (stock) front bar and a stiffer rear (GT2/GT3) sway bar, you are going to dial in more oversteer into your suspension. If you do go with only the rear bar, I would try it at the 2nd softest setting (4 holes, if I'm not mistaken) and adjust from there. After trying all the holes, I liked the 2nd softest setting the best...very neutral...no suprising oversteer characteristics, and long gone the stock understeer.

Old 11-10-2003, 01:58 AM
Cary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really nice
I'm Currently Testing the new Single adjustable non canister JRZ complete package (springs included). So far so good and Half the price of the Triple Adjustables. Obviously not as advanced as the Triple Adjustables but, I think I like them much better than the PSS9's and I don't have to find or make a place to hang the canisters which I find a plus for a street car.

Old 11-10-2003, 02:04 AM
luting_chen is infamous around these parts
look as though most of the people vote for the Ruf PSS9...
I guess that's the way it is then...
I was about to buy the JRZ, but after realizing that it'll cost more than 1G to maintain per year... I give up...

even though I don't really get what understeer and oversteer is... I guess ur opinions will be right...hahahahaha.... (can't distiguish the under and over thing =_=... i guess i have to personally try them out myself first...so i'll remember it forever)

Old 11-10-2003, 10:57 PM
Cary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really nice
luting_chen

Best way I found to remember it is ... Understeer is when the front of the car hits the wall first and oversteer is when the rear of the car hits the wall first. If you keep the car neutral ... you don't hit the wall

As far as the cost of 1G a year, I wouldn't worry about it. On the streets with some track use you should be able to go at least 3 years before a rebuild. As long as you don't have any leaking seals that would cause contamination of the fluid, it doesn't need to be changed that often. After learning the experience that Chad had by up dating and knowing about a couple other RUF cars that were imported and considered "undrivable" until they updated to JRZ's, I'd say there is no comparison other than price. The singles that I'm testing seem to be working really well and are pretty close to the same price as the PSS9's. I would say unless you're planning on going to a better quality shock you'd be better off just put Eibach springs on your stock shocks and saving the money.