996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone run Status Seats? Ring GTX? Custom? Wider?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 08:54 PM
Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !
Anyone run Status Seats? Ring GTX? Custom? Wider?

I was wondering if anyone was running the Ring GTX Status Seats?

I am thinking of dropping my GT3 seats and using Status. The ring GTX seems to be a wider seat which I prefer and the seat bolsters angle outward. I am thick in the pants, wait, what? lol. Also, Status seats are fully customizable.

Here are a few options I drew up. I wanted to run possibly a accent color while incorporating the stock color interior. Let me know what you think.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-03-30 at 10.30.26 PM.png
Views:	232
Size:	307.7 KB
ID:	353024   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-03-30 at 10.31.09 PM.png
Views:	163
Size:	345.0 KB
ID:	353025   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-03-30 at 10.31.24 PM.png
Views:	203
Size:	325.1 KB
ID:	353026  
Old 03-31-2014, 02:26 AM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
super high thigh bolsters simply suck in a street car. also getting the seat belt latches thru the holes also are a pain. i went with leather corbeau lg1 seats with lumbar installed and sub hole installed for 1400 shipped

Old 03-31-2014, 05:30 AM
Whereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond repute
Pics?

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
super high thigh bolsters simply suck in a street car. also getting the seat belt latches thru the holes also are a pain. i went with leather corbeau lg1 seats with lumbar installed and sub hole installed for 1400 shipped

Old 03-31-2014, 10:12 AM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Whereitsat
Pics?
Tubular frame in injected molded foam. Should have them this week

http://www.racing-seats-usa.com/corasepofsel.html If you scroll down the color chart leather is last. The other colors especially red show the shape. No logos on leather which I like and a horizontal sub hole not a split like momos

Last edited by 32krazy!; 03-31-2014 at 10:14 AM.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:49 PM
Whereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond repute
How much do they weigh? Will they save weight over the OE sport seats?

Old 03-31-2014, 02:34 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Kyle have you sat in them compared to see how they feel compared to the GT3 seats? I went back to Sport seats (if my car does ever run again) because i loved the GT3 seats look they were terrible for a street car.

Old 03-31-2014, 04:07 PM
Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
Kyle have you sat in them compared to see how they feel compared to the GT3 seats? I went back to Sport seats (if my car does ever run again) because i loved the GT3 seats look they were terrible for a street car.

I sat in a bunch of seats today. The winner was the ProFi SPG XL. That seat was perfect. My gt3 seats are still on the tight side. The Status seats are now not an option because of size.

Old 03-31-2014, 07:10 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Whereitsat
How much do they weigh? Will they save weight over the OE sport seats?
seats weigh 27 lbs so add another 10 or so for the sliders and base so say 40 lbs. oem are like 70 or so with all the motors and junk. saving 30 per seat

Old 03-31-2014, 08:12 PM
viprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond repute
I have a 996TT with the savannah neigh sport seats. i'm in the same boat and have been looking for a set of original OEM looking GT3 seats. I checked into the status racing seats in an ultra suede which peaked my curiosity. Now I've been trying to get a hold of them for a couple of weeks and haven't gotten them to return my emails and/or calls. They originally tried to get me into the same set of seats that you're considering. Good luck

Old 03-31-2014, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by viprklr
I have a 996TT with the savannah neigh sport seats. i'm in the same boat and have been looking for a set of original OEM looking GT3 seats. I checked into the status racing seats in an ultra suede which peaked my curiosity. Now I've been trying to get a hold of them for a couple of weeks and haven't gotten them to return my emails and/or calls. They originally tried to get me into the same set of seats that you're considering. Good luck
Yea their seat wouldn't work for me, plus their side bolsters are SUPER high which a few friends of my pointed out from the photos. Which makes it a pain to get in and out, especially if its a street car.

The Recaro Profi SPG XL is definitely a great seat, especially if you are taller and or bigger.

I may sell one my OEM GT3 seats with brackets and sliders if you are interested.

Old 04-01-2014, 06:59 PM
vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !
I went with the Recaro Profi SPG XLs as well. No regrets