996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Cats are for pussy's!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 11:12 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Mana,

I have not noticed any gas smell in the interior. Just a jet engine whine of the turbo's, you can hear it in the video I posted.

Hotrod,

Didn't think about that I only recently became a mod, but I could BAN YOU!
j/k

Old 09-12-2005, 03:00 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by buddyg

Hotrod,

Didn't think about that I only recently became a mod, but I could BAN YOU!
j/k

did they really give you banning power?

you should also look into how to merge threads

As a mod you should set an example in to how to not "clutter" up the forum. you have 8 threads on page 1

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 09-12-2005 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:31 PM
Z0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant future
Originally posted by deputydog95
what should we be noticing in this pic?
That there are no cats in it, I suppose.

Old 09-12-2005, 07:31 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally posted by HotRodGuy
did they really give you banning power?

you should also look into how to merge threads

As a mod you should set an example in to how to not "clutter" up the forum. you have 8 threads on page 1
The funny thing is your all worried about me wasting bandwith yet you have not contributed anything worthwhile to this thread or many others where you just run your mouth. So why don't you just shut it!

Old 09-12-2005, 07:45 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
I don't see anything about me mentioning wasting bandwith. "clutter" would mean theres 7 threads on 2 different topics on the first page earlier

I thought my mentioning to mana he'd most likely not smell exhaust cas cause the cat isn't underneath him was pretty valid

i'm glad you can take a jab

Old 09-12-2005, 08:51 PM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
I'm looking for a new exhaust option, you say these straight pipes sound like Europipe, which I understand sound much better than my fagspeed quiet exhaust, how is the resonance, please help me find a nice sound exhaust that will not lose me HP, sound nice and not cost an arm and a leg. Thanks.
What about the maf issues and cel and other lights going crazy.

Originally posted by AMG ETR
I have been running no catalytics for over 2 years now... You people just don't listen

Chad, my no cat exhaust system is about the same noise level as the Europipe, the cats really don't make too much difference as far as loudness goes!!

Straight pipes are fun tho

Evan
PS- Chad, never got that photo

Old 09-12-2005, 09:58 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Rave,

Evan did not say the straight pipes sound like the EP. Rather, he said that removing the cats from his mufflered exhaust did not make the exhaust much louder -- e.g., like a EP. Straight pipes are MUCH louder than a EP or any other mufflered exhaust. If you found the FS too loud, straight pipes will be utterly intolerable.

Craig

Old 09-12-2005, 11:47 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Craig
Rave,

Evan did not say the straight pipes sound like the EP. Rather, he said that removing the cats from his mufflered exhaust did not make the exhaust much louder -- e.g., like a EP. Straight pipes are MUCH louder than a EP or any other mufflered exhaust. If you found the FS too loud, straight pipes will be utterly intolerable.

Craig
Correct . Tho I must say my straight pipes had less resonence than my fabspeed (Dead Serious tho)
Evan

Old 09-13-2005, 12:01 AM
OKHJOON190 is infamous around these parts
with my kreis sig exhaust ... i can choose between cats and no cats any time i want ... its the best of both worlds

Old 09-13-2005, 12:26 AM
Former Vendor
HZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by AMG ETR
Correct . Tho I must say my straight pipes had less resonence than my fabspeed (Dead Serious tho)
Evan
Evan..

Didn't you say that a Cluster bomb going off in a steel drum had less resonance than the Fabspeed

Old 09-13-2005, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by OKHJOON190
with my kreis sig exhaust ... i can choose between cats and no cats any time i want ... its the best of both worlds
With the fabspeed it's a couple bolts on each side to drop the straight pipes and put your exhaust back on. Same for the cats.

Old 09-13-2005, 02:34 PM
OKHJOON190 is infamous around these parts
im sorry but i dont have to carry my second exhaust in my car just in case i feel like going to straight pipes while im on the road ... its a convenience factor

and also i do smell gasoline when going to straight pipes ... but my car is a cab, and the top is down most of the time

Old 09-13-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by OKHJOON190
im sorry but i dont have to carry my second exhaust in my car just in case i feel like going to straight pipes while im on the road ... its a convenience factor

it's a nice convenience for that kind of money

Old 09-13-2005, 02:39 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
no cat's means CEL light and you need a corrupt inspector for the car to pass it's annual inspection, correct ???

Old 09-13-2005, 02:42 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by rockitman
no cat's means CEL light and you need a corrupt inspector for the car to pass it's annual inspection, correct ???
With kats you qualify as a very fast street car. Without kats you qualify as a very slow track car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cats are for pussy's!