996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Here you go GT3 owners.........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 07:48 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Old 11-09-2003, 07:53 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Does that mean we can officially hang on the turbo board if we go for this mod????

I'm afraid to learn about the details, Very afraid!!!!

Old 11-09-2003, 08:11 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
oh my, a 3k hp 600 hp beast! sounds like the GT - for several hundred k less :-)

Old 11-09-2003, 08:16 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Very cool, but doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of a GT3?? N/A??? Would be very fun with the reduced weight and handleing of the GT3 tho...
Evan

Old 11-09-2003, 08:30 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
"Would be very fun with the reduced weight and handleing of the GT3 tho..."

you'd think. there's not a ton of weight diff between a GT3 and GT2 (probably even less after adding turbo kit weight), and neither are AWD. so, you should probably just pick up a GT2 and mod it to 700. then again, the GT3 motor revs much higher.

Old 11-09-2003, 08:37 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally posted by ben, lj
"Would be very fun with the reduced weight and handleing of the GT3 tho..."

you'd think. there's not a ton of weight diff between a GT3 and GT2 (probably even less after adding turbo kit weight), and neither are AWD. so, you should probably just pick up a GT2 and mod it to 700. then again, the GT3 motor revs much higher.
Yea I guess I kinda answered my own question...I drove a GT3, GT2, and my turbo back to back for 3 days (helping my dad move cars to a show), and god that little GT3 was a blast, you could just turn into a corner and it went, unlinke the turbo that the front end kept going straight (pre PSS-9's, but still). The GT2, and GT3 handle just like gokarts, you point it, and thats where it goes....I could only image 600HP in that little car to back that handleing up
Evan

Old 11-09-2003, 09:35 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought one of the major appeals about the GT3 are the n/a power and high redline, that makes no sense to me.

Old 11-10-2003, 11:15 AM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
gee,
i am accomplishing the same thing with the factory just by switching back and forth from gt2's to gt3's

Last edited by watt; 11-11-2003 at 08:48 AM.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:31 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by watt
gee,
i am accomplishing the same thing with the factory just by switching bacl and forth from gt2's to gt3's
Agreed, best to have one of each!!!

"Some times you feel like a turbo some times you don't"

whoops, stole that quote from almond joy and mounds

Old 11-10-2003, 11:32 AM
jcramair1 is infamous around these parts
That picture looks pretty scary ....I can only imagine what it would be like to rev that puppy with a redline above 8k...

Old 11-10-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by jcramair1
That picture looks pretty scary ....I can only imagine what it would be like to rev that puppy with a redline above 8k...
OT: Luv that white turbo of yours....White just looks so clean and mean!!!

Old 11-10-2003, 11:44 AM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Now this could make me mad I bought a new tt. I would have been way interested in this! How much is it? I still amy be able to change my tt ordre and get a GT-3 instead. My biggest problem withthe GT-3 was the power. Now, if you fix the power ... whoa!

Old 11-10-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by ColorChange
My biggest problem withthe GT-3 was the power. Now, if you fix the power ... whoa!
Am I missing something? The GT3 is a lighter car than the Turbo and althought it has less power as far as horses its as fast as a Turbo, its a different kind of power, the GT3 has a high redline and 380 N/A HP, I dont find that as a lack of power.

Old 11-10-2003, 12:31 PM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Jasclass:

What I am talking about is a modded tt (stage 4gt) compared to a GT-3. There is a huge difference in acceleration and performance at those levels. Now, if you can thow on a turbo into the GT-3, you should close that gap well again and I may be way interested.

Old 11-10-2003, 03:07 PM
Color, Ok but the Turbo and a GT3 are way different in other areas besides the type of power they deliver, you have to know if you want 2 or 4 wd and if you want PSM like the Turbo offers, if you want a GT3 with more power why arent you picking up a GT2?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Here you go GT3 owners.........