996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Texas Invitational BBI 1300+ whp 996 180 mph spin

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2014 | 04:41 PM
4080 has much to be proud of4080 has much to be proud of4080 has much to be proud of4080 has much to be proud of4080 has much to be proud of4080 has much to be proud of4080 has much to be proud of4080 has much to be proud of4080 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by kongstang
Tim and I are actually friends. I'm not much of a keyboard racer so would rather compare after we do more events. The car will be at more events to see. I could probably get the dyno sheet. We use it as a tuning tool only. MOst tuners will let you know they finish the tune on "high boost" at the track with a true load on the car. So I usually don't bother with the numbers except when asked so people can compare. 1/4 mile times and speeds tell more. In this cars case, the events results will tell. Cosmetic parts are ordered to get her back on the road.
Well said. Kong is not caught up in the dyno number.

Nice to meet you at TI

Old 04-21-2014 | 06:13 AM
Dirtysocks is infamous around these parts
I'm Surprised that there wasn't any more damage, as said before, good save.

Old 05-13-2014 | 01:11 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
AutoWeek JUST sent emailed this story in their Daily Drive.

However they state you blew a tire?

Curious about the carbon fiber wheels, cost and what your impressions are of them (as reported by AW).

Old 05-13-2014 | 01:20 PM
JSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond repute

Tim and I are actually friends. I'm not much of a keyboard racer so would rather compare after we do more events. The car will be at more events to see. I could probably get the dyno sheet. We use it as a tuning tool only. MOst tuners will let you know they finish the tune on "high boost" at the track with a true load on the car. So I usually don't bother with the numbers except when asked so people can compare. 1/4 mile times and speeds tell more. In this cars case, the events results will tell. Cosmetic parts are ordered to get her back on the road.
I can respect this response

Old 05-13-2014 | 01:47 PM
Banned
group.america is infamous around these parts
I was
Awesome beast, saw this on some yoootooob links

I see you have Torco listed on the car... do you use their Accelerator product by any chance...

Also, is this RWD with the Ohlins suspension...

Old 05-14-2014 | 01:06 PM
jnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to all
Fantastic save, Kong. Between the sphincter pucker and the adrenaline flush, I think I might have spontaneously combusted. Good luck getting it fixed.

Old 05-14-2014 | 08:03 PM
GTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to behold
Nice Driving!!!! Good you kept it of the lawn.

Old 05-14-2014 | 08:32 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Glad to see you are OK! Insane ride.

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US