996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Imagine Auto Stage 2 owners...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 11:16 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Imagine Auto Stage 2 owners...

Have any of you guys taken your car to the track before and after mods? I'm trying to find out how much a real-world power difference the Stage 2 package gives you. I have read some people say that their stock X50 cars are as fast as Stage 2 cars...but I find that somewhat hard to believe. Just looking for some clarification. Thanks.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 09-15-2005 at 11:21 AM.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:43 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I did and ran an 11.8 down from a 12.3/12.4 stock....

Old 09-15-2005, 01:07 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Thanks Alex. Would you mind telling me the difference in trap speed from stock to Stage 2? Thanks.

Old 09-15-2005, 01:13 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Imagine Auto Stage 2 owners...

Originally posted by Divexxtreme
Have any of you guys taken your car to the track before and after mods? I'm trying to find out how much a real-world power difference the Stage 2 package gives you. I have read some people say that their stock X50 cars are as fast as Stage 2 cars...but I find that somewhat hard to believe. Just looking for some clarification. Thanks.
I was the one who said my Turbo S felt as fast or even faster than my stage 2 turbo... My Turbo S was a very strong car though....I just drove my friends X50 for about 140 miles and my Turbo S was significantly faster than his X50....and his X50 was slower than my Stage 2.... I just think I had a special car in my Turbo S.....felt very very fast for stock Turbo S

Old 09-15-2005, 01:16 PM
Re: Re: Imagine Auto Stage 2 owners...

Originally posted by LSM
I was the one who said my Turbo S felt as fast or even faster than my stage 2 turbo... My Turbo S was a very strong car though....I just drove my friends X50 for about 140 miles and my Turbo S was significantly faster than his X50....and his X50 was slower than my Stage 2.... I just think I had a special car in my Turbo S.....felt very very fast for stock Turbo S
Ah..okay, thanks. So the general consensus is...even though Porsche supposedly under-rates the X50's actual HP...a Stage 2 should car should be faster.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 09-15-2005 at 01:18 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:22 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Divexxtreme
Thanks Alex. Would you mind telling me the difference in trap speed from stock to Stage 2? Thanks.
This is going back some time so I'm scratching my head here

The stock trap speed I believe was 115 or so and then Stage II was like 123?

Old 09-15-2005, 01:25 PM
Thanks Alex. Exactly what I was looking for.

Old 09-15-2005, 01:45 PM
Trust me it'll be a different ball game going from stock to that

Old 09-15-2005, 05:55 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Hey man, welcome to the dark side!

For those of you who don't know Dive had/has one of the baddest M3's on the planet.

Old 09-16-2005, 09:46 AM
lee lovell is infamous around these parts
I have a X50 and have just bought the imagineauto stage 2. I should have it installed within the next two weeks so will let you know first hand. Im hoping for plenty of smiles.

Old 09-16-2005, 03:53 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by lee lovell
I have a X50 and have just bought the imagineauto stage 2. I should have it installed within the next two weeks so will let you know first hand. Im hoping for plenty of smiles.
There is not a "stage 2" for X50.... Stage 2 utilizes K16 turbos from the standard Turbo. X50 stages which utilizes the K24 Turbos are Stage 3, Stage 4......

Lou

Old 09-16-2005, 06:28 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
granted, each car built is different. some come out of the factory a little faster than others. I went from stock non-x50 to IA stage II, and the difference is remarkable. It feels like a completely different car. I don't have any numbers to back it up, but you don't have to be a brain surgeon to see that it pulls WAY harder than when it was stock. The power just never tails off like it did when it was stock.

Old 09-17-2005, 12:19 AM
lee lovell is infamous around these parts
Lou,
Your right, i think it is classed as a stage 3 but without the exchange K24 turbos! This upgrade is sounding better all the time.