996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Seems like there are alot of new tt owners?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 05:55 PM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by 2thfixr
Not reserve or initial bid. These are "Buy it Now" prices. I was just as surprised as you are now. There are an awful lot out there in the $70s though. I agree, they have not yet hit rock bottom. More and more '02s will be coming off lease too.
Let me guess your looking for a Turbo

Old 09-16-2005, 05:59 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
I found mine last week. Just waiting for it to arrive at my house. It sure wasn't in the 60's though.

Old 09-16-2005, 05:59 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by paneraiwatches
One is arena red / grey not good color for resale, the other has over 33,000 miles, hardly low miles and both have probably seen harsh winters from looking at their locations. Also both are out of warranty.
You can try to justify the low price all you want but that is where prices are headed. Obviously if you consider that they are still available, the prices are not low enough. If the prices were too low, they would have been snatched up already despite the color combo.

Last edited by 2thfixr; 09-16-2005 at 06:05 PM.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:14 PM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
You can try to justify the low price all you want but that is where prices are headed. Obviously if you consider that they are still available, the prices are not low enough. If the prices were too low, they would have been snatched up already despite the color combo.
Dude are you a proctologist or a dentist, because you have diarrhea of the mouth. Not justifying anything, don’t really care about the prices, or what has been snatched up. I'm just sick and tired of lowballers / bottomfeeders, and people that really have absolutely no f---ing idea of what they are talking about (you fit in this category.) Good luck in your pursuit for a used TT.

Last edited by paneraiwatches; 09-16-2005 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:16 PM
2thfixr,
I see you got smart and edited your post!

Last edited by paneraiwatches; 09-16-2005 at 06:29 PM.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:54 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
2thfixr,
Why the hostility? I don't control the market. Those are not my cars on ebay and I am not currently looking for a used TT. I just like to browse and see what is happening with used TTs. As far as the 996TT goes it has been unusually strong and that is surprising compared to the rest of the used car market. You almost seem to be taking this personally. If you don't think so, re-read your posts. It's just a car, not an investment.

As far as editing my post. The only reason I edited it is because I had placed in the post a comment about your car which was not relevant to the subject at hand.

As far as me being amongst the "lowballers and bottom feeders", that is a very interesting thought. Since I chimed in on a thread about why there are more TT owners out there and I support a previously posted comment about used TT prices falling with approximate numbers from specific examples, I am now a "lowballer and bottom feeder". You are entitled to your view and your opinions. Chill with the personal attacks though. You might hurt my feelings.

Old 09-16-2005, 07:03 PM
As far as me being amongst the "lowballers and bottom feeders", that is a very interesting thought.
You failed to comprehend my post, I'll quote myself again:

"people that really have absolutely no f---ing idea of what they are talking about (you fit in this category.) "

Why don't we just give it a rest, really not worth it.

Old 09-16-2005, 07:08 PM
2thfixr,
BTW, Here is the reason why I even made that comment. Does this car and background look exactly like your avatar or is it just me? This was taken directly off of somebody else's website.

Last edited by 2thfixr; 09-25-2006 at 05:21 PM.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:15 PM
no secret, post the url to the site, he's a professional photographer and takes beautiful pictures. Actually you were the one that had emailed me a couple of months ago offering to buy the car at a premium, but could not get your finances in order? I bought the car from a gentelman in Indiana. Never a winter, he had a Audi Quattro for that. Do you also think Steve's new Ferrari Challenge Stradale is a winter car? What are you implying? You are obviously shadowing me pretty close. Do you know where my dick was last night ?

Last edited by paneraiwatches; 09-16-2005 at 07:22 PM.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:43 PM
no secret, post the url to the site, he takes beautiful pictures. I bought the car from a gentelman in Indiana. Never a winter, he had a Audi Quattro for that. Do you also think Steve's new Challenge Stradale is a winter car ? What are you implying? Do you know where my dick was last night ?
Man, you are so busy assuming that everything I type is a personal affront to you, that you are going off in all directions. Take a few breaths and relax. What does Steve's CS or Audi Quattro have to do with this discussion? Do you really feel a need to explain that your car has never seen a harsh winter? I couldn't possibly care less. You are the one who brought up the issue of harsh winters being the reason why the 2 cars on ebay are priced so low.

I posted that pic to explain to you why I associated your car with Steve's. Does the fact that you bought it 2nd hand make it any less impressive? Absolutely not, Steve took very good care of that car and it was practically brand stinking new when he sold it. No, I don't have a TT. Am I looking for a used TT? Nope.

I was simply stating without getting into specifics the reason why I edited my post. If you recall this was your reaction to the part that I edited out.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2thfixr,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to associate that with your dick, go ahead because you are already acting like an ***. Two ebay ads should not bring out this kind of hostility. Are we a little sensitive this month.

Old 09-16-2005, 08:25 PM
Actually you were the one that had emailed me a couple of months ago offering to buy the car at a premium, but could not get your finances in order?
WTF? I never offered to purchase your TT. Now I know you are nuts. If you knew me, you would know that I would never even consider a white TT no matter how cheap it was. You would also know that I have never bought a car 2nd hand since the 1981 VW rabbit pickup that I bought for $2100 in high school. As far as having my finances in order. Dude, you need professional help.

Old 09-16-2005, 08:33 PM
carnut is infamous around these parts
no secret, post the url to the site, he's a professional photographer and takes beautiful pictures. Actually you were the one that had emailed me a couple of months ago offering to buy the car at a premium, but could not get your finances in order? I bought the car from a gentelman in Indiana. Never a winter, he had a Audi Quattro for that. Do you also think Steve's new Ferrari Challenge Stradale is a winter car? What are you implying? You are obviously shadowing me pretty close. Do you know where my dick was last night ?
Hey man take it easy. There's absolutely no need for that BS. You seem to be taking the dropping price of TT's very personally. Why do you care that there are "bottom feeders" (not saying that this poster is one of them)?

This is a CAR. It WILL depreciate. Big deal?

Old 09-16-2005, 09:05 PM
Banned
M3j0n is infamous around these parts
im still waiting for a white one without a sunroof... may be a while until i find one though

Old 09-16-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by carnut
Hey man take it easy. There's absolutely no need for that BS. You seem to be taking the dropping price of TT's very personally. Why do you care that there are "bottom feeders" (not saying that this poster is one of them)?

This is a CAR. It WILL depreciate. Big deal?
I really dont care about depreciation, I'm not selling. I bought the car to enjoy, not as an investment. Nothing personal at all. In the grand scheme of things I agree this thread really is not a big deal. As I said before it's really not worth it, and no more on this topic from me

Old 09-17-2005, 12:36 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Wow. This thread has gotten off base. Lighten up guys.

About less desirable color combos: what is the consensus on a yellow on black car? Is that one of the less desirable combos?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Seems like there are alot of new tt owners?