996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

please help! key fob won't go back together

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 05:33 PM
antagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant future
please help! key fob won't go back together

I replaced my battery and I can seem to make the key fob back together.... Any tips? Will the car stop if the cover falls off while I'm driving?

Old 05-11-2014, 04:47 AM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
The car will not shut off if it falls off.. Try putting the rubber O ring on the body of the key, if you did not try that already.

Old 05-11-2014, 05:49 AM
antagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant future
I figured it out! There is a trick - the top part of the key (which has the buttons) has some clips on it that secure the circuit board. These clips weren't engaging right when you set the circuit board in the base of the key and pushed the to down. So, if you secure the board/battery to the top part first, then push that whole assembly into the base, you can ensure the clips engage and the key will go together easily. The o-ring was not the factor here.

Old 05-11-2014, 05:59 AM
pat
pat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond repute
The same thing happened to me yesterday when I put a new battery in, was in a panic but got it too.

Old 10-18-2022, 06:14 PM
spiderman is a splendid one to beholdspiderman is a splendid one to beholdspiderman is a splendid one to beholdspiderman is a splendid one to beholdspiderman is a splendid one to beholdspiderman is a splendid one to beholdspiderman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by antagron
I figured it out! There is a trick - the top part of the key (which has the buttons) has some clips on it that secure the circuit board. These clips weren't engaging right when you set the circuit board in the base of the key and pushed the to down. So, if you secure the board/battery to the top part first, then push that whole assembly into the base, you can ensure the clips engage and the key will go together easily. The o-ring was not the factor here.
Sorry this is a super old thread but I searched the forums and this was the first to come up and answer the question. Thanks! Was sitting here trying to reseat the battery, gasket, circuit board. The one side just wouldn't clip shut. Clipping the board to the other side with the gasket in place worked on the first try.

Old 08-02-2024, 06:43 AM
Chorkgo
Thumbs up

Si vous cherchez un partenaire fiable en structures métalliques et en ingénierie mécanique, Giga Steel est la réponse. Leur souci du détail et leur engagement envers l'excellence ont été essentiels au succès de notre dernier projet. Leurs services de numérisation 3D et d'analyse dimensionnelle sont particulièrement impressionnants, offrant des résultats précis et exacts.