996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Installed o2 bung, still check engine light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 03:14 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnny.dangerous
Get the rear O2 sensors written out of the map !!! But you may need to leave them plugged in to avoid a heater fault coming up.
if you turn the sensors off via the tune you won't pass emissions as they won't show on the readiness monitors

Old 07-07-2014, 04:04 PM
MadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
if you turn the sensors off via the tune you won't pass emissions as they won't show on the readiness monitors
That is correct. Thats why I'm trying to figure it out I can reset every few months if ce shows up but not every 30miles.

When I get new spacers I'll let you guys know if that solved the problem. If not could be faulty o2 sensor.

Old 07-07-2014, 04:05 PM
MadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
That is correct. Thats why I'm trying to figure it out I can reset every few months if ce shows up but not every 30miles.

When I get new spacers I'll let you guys know if that solved the problem. If not could be faulty o2 sensor.

I don't want ce light or swap top stock exhaust when going for emissions

Old 07-07-2014, 05:11 PM
stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !
My o2's are off via the tune and I passed

Old 07-07-2014, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by stilov
hmm interesting , maybe you got lucky.

Old 07-07-2014, 06:47 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
some states allow 1 or 2 of the readiness monitors to not be active and still pass. were i live in tn all 5 monitors must be active and ready or its a fail

Old 07-08-2014, 12:55 AM
johnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud of
Just a thought, why dont you get your tuners to write a separate map accessible from the cruise control (like APR) that will get you through your emissions tests

Old 07-08-2014, 04:42 AM
deadbeatrec is a glorious beacon of lightdeadbeatrec is a glorious beacon of lightdeadbeatrec is a glorious beacon of lightdeadbeatrec is a glorious beacon of lightdeadbeatrec is a glorious beacon of light
are your o2 parameters turned off or down? there is a difference. when you turn the sensativity down, they will read less oxygen and less likely to pop a cel.

i live in NY, we are allowed 1 readiness code not ready.

Old 07-10-2014, 07:46 AM
deadbeatrec is a glorious beacon of lightdeadbeatrec is a glorious beacon of lightdeadbeatrec is a glorious beacon of lightdeadbeatrec is a glorious beacon of lightdeadbeatrec is a glorious beacon of light