996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Installed o2 bung, still check engine light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 09:03 AM
MadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond repute
Installed o2 bung, still check engine light

I bought 90 degree o2 bungs from ebay (thinking it may solve the problem) p430 code showed up after installing exhaust do to hollowed out cats.

I ordered another set o2 bungs from maxspeed -which they are made for our cars to solve check engine light problem.

I know our ecu is sensitive on some cars: Have you solve this problem by installing o2 bungs?

Old 07-07-2014, 09:39 AM
rxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond repute
Are you running a tune on it ?

Old 07-07-2014, 09:48 AM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
90* bungs don't really matter who made them. its simply to remove the O2 sensor out of the stream form the front sensors. you did install the rear sensors into the bungs correct?

Old 07-07-2014, 10:05 AM
p556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud of
How many miles are on the sensors? They might just be going bad.

Rockauto sells them pretty cheap.

Old 07-07-2014, 10:21 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
i installed bungs as i kept getting codes and could not pass inspection (im running 200 cel cats, still not sure why i couldnt pass), the cel kept coming on for a couple of months after i installed them (not driven very often at all), then it just randomly stopped coming on (my car is tuned) that was 6 months ago, everything has been fine since

i believe you test sensdors funcionality by moving the censors from pre cat to post cat, then if the code is the same its not the sensors its something else, if the code changes from pre-cat to post cat or vice versa then you'll know its the sensor(s)

Last edited by buzzm; 07-07-2014 at 10:23 AM.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:23 AM
p556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by buzzm
i believe you test sensdors funcionality by moving the censors from pre cat to post cat, then if the code is the same its not the sensors its something else, if the code changes from pre-cat to post cat or vice versa then you'll know its the sensor(s)
I think you might be confusing this for swapping sensors left to right. The pre and post cat sensors are different part numbers and I don't think you want to swap those positions.

The rear sensors are something like $60 each.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:18 PM
MadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by p556guy
How many miles are on the sensors? They might just be going bad.

Rockauto sells them pretty cheap.
40k on the car, I had no problem with stock exhaust- After installing the exhaust i put about 30-40miles, CE showed up.

I installed in rear location, you need 90* or you wont be able to fit them do to clearance.

No Tune, but when i visited Markski he flashed ecu, saying this should solve the problem for cat-less exhaust.

Maybe I mixed the sensors while installing the exhaust? I dont remember if length is the same for rear as for the front.

Is it ok to drive the car with p430 code? or its bad for the engine, and will it throw the car in limp mode?

Last edited by MadWhip; 07-07-2014 at 01:52 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:22 PM
deadbeatrec is a glorious beacon of lightdeadbeatrec is a glorious beacon of lightdeadbeatrec is a glorious beacon of lightdeadbeatrec is a glorious beacon of lightdeadbeatrec is a glorious beacon of light
im about to straight pipe mine and bought some 90 deg spacers for the rear o2 sensors as well.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by deadbeatrec
im about to straight pipe mine and bought some 90 deg spacers for the rear o2 sensors as well.
which 90* spacers did you get

Old 07-07-2014, 01:31 PM
deadbeatrec is a glorious beacon of lightdeadbeatrec is a glorious beacon of lightdeadbeatrec is a glorious beacon of lightdeadbeatrec is a glorious beacon of lightdeadbeatrec is a glorious beacon of light
Old 07-07-2014, 01:40 PM
johnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud of
Get the rear O2 sensors written out of the map !!! But you may need to leave them plugged in to avoid a heater fault coming up.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by deadbeatrec
I ordered similar ones, and on the top of that I had to visit cnc shop because the inside where you screw in the o2 sensor had a small step and it wouldn't go in, let me know if this will solve the problem for ya

Old 07-07-2014, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by johnny.dangerous
Get the rear O2 sensors written out of the map !!! But you may need to leave them plugged in to avoid a heater fault coming up.
that could be another option, thanks

Old 07-07-2014, 01:46 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MadWhip
that could be another option, thanks
stop by, Ill get that taken care of...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 07-07-2014, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
stop by, Ill get that taken care of...
nice to have local tuner, ill txt you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installed o2 bung, still check engine light