996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New Shoes!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 03:41 PM
YJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond repute
New Shoes!!

Just got some new rims installed:
AG Ruger Mesh with Michelin Pilot Super Sports
Front: 245/35/19 on 19x8.5 rim 45 offset
Rears: 305/30/19 on 19x11 rim with 52 offset.

The lower part of the inner wheel well needed a minor trimming in the rear, I might go with a 10-15mm spacer in future and roll fenders but for now I'm happy with the look.
Thanks to Yurii at PolorPorsche for mounting and fitting the tires and rims for me.

Before and After

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	porscheold.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	395153   Click image for larger version

Name:	porschenewshoes.jpeg
Views:	386
Size:	867.1 KB
ID:	395154  
Old 07-07-2014, 03:49 PM
steve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to behold
Those look like the rims on my 01 I just picked up. I will post mine as well. Would love to know if they are the same.

Old 07-07-2014, 04:10 PM
MadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond repute
Pretty nice. I really want new shoes. 18 with fat rubber. So I can slap winter tires on stock oems

Old 07-07-2014, 04:11 PM
Jferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant future
Sweet, love the BMW CSL type rims on these cars. Where in NJ are you? I just picked mine up yesterday I am in Monmouth County but work in Parsippany.

Old 07-07-2014, 05:15 PM
YJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by steve.rinaldi
Those look like the rims on my 01 I just picked up. I will post mine as well. Would love to know if they are the same.
I posted the name and type, are yours Avant Garde's also? model M310 I believe.

Originally Posted by Jferrante
Sweet, love the BMW CSL type rims on these cars. Where in NJ are you? I just picked mine up yesterday I am in Monmouth County but work in Parsippany.
I'm in the north in Bergen County. I'm in Parsippany several times a month. I'll let you know next time I'm in the area.

Old 07-07-2014, 06:47 PM
02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !
Looks good man.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:14 PM
DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !
Looks good

Old 07-07-2014, 07:32 PM
Ursoboostd is a name known to allUrsoboostd is a name known to allUrsoboostd is a name known to allUrsoboostd is a name known to allUrsoboostd is a name known to allUrsoboostd is a name known to all
Looks really good.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:36 PM
rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !
Looks really really good lol. Serious nice wheels .

Old 07-07-2014, 09:06 PM
Reno_911 has a spectacular aura aboutReno_911 has a spectacular aura aboutReno_911 has a spectacular aura about
A great and timeless look

Old 07-10-2014, 02:55 PM
steve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by YJosephTT
I posted the name and type, are yours Avant Garde's also? model M310 I believe.

I'm in the north in Bergen County. I'm in Parsippany several times a month. I'll let you know next time I'm in the area.
I think so. I need to do a bit more research. What did you use for lugs? The previous owner used the OEM lugs and they are really too big for the opening in the wheel. I need new proper sized lugs.

Old 07-13-2014, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by steve.rinaldi
I think so. I need to do a bit more research. What did you use for lugs? The previous owner used the OEM lugs and they are really too big for the opening in the wheel. I need new proper sized lugs.
the OEM lugs will not fit in mine, I needed these lugs:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230771982373

If you can fit the OEM lugs on yours then they probably are not Avant Gardes, the stock lugs won't make it in the holes on them.

Old 07-13-2014, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by YJosephTT
the OEM lugs will not fit in mine, I needed these lugs:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230771982373

If you can fit the OEM lugs on yours then they probably are not Avant Gardes, the stock lugs won't make it in the holes on them.
The lugs barely fit the opening but chew the inner wheel finish trying to get them on/off. Porsche was able to get them without much damage but they are not the right lugs.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:16 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
I like

Old 07-14-2014, 06:16 PM
OklahomaGT2 is a splendid one to beholdOklahomaGT2 is a splendid one to beholdOklahomaGT2 is a splendid one to beholdOklahomaGT2 is a splendid one to beholdOklahomaGT2 is a splendid one to beholdOklahomaGT2 is a splendid one to beholdOklahomaGT2 is a splendid one to behold
Nice Shoes

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Shoes!!