996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

First test drive: RUF RT12. Part I

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 06:10 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by buddyg
That is the ONLY 997 I would buy, totally awesome! So what is the price about $240,000.00 US?
not a 997 motor though. Ruf-erized 996TT motor.

Old 09-30-2005, 07:45 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
The song "Sex on wheels" comes to mind.....

Old 09-30-2005, 08:39 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Wow blue is nice also, it cant touch that orange though, wow :drool::::::

Old 10-01-2005, 04:47 PM
Guy
Guy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant future
Originally posted by Hamann7
Guy, how does it compare to the RGT-2?
No idea really. I only passengered in it through London traffic. This car, although it has the RT12 body etc, has a 3.8 997 Compressor engine in it, not the 3.8TT version.

I know from people who have driven the RT12 that it is really really fast...........

Old 10-01-2005, 11:21 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Guy,

Perhaps it might be time to upgrade the Nardo motor to a 3.8?

I wonder how the handling compares between the RWD RT12 and your RGT2...

Old 10-02-2005, 02:28 AM
Crash is infamous around these parts
Guy,

Exactly what I was wondering.

Old 10-02-2005, 02:33 AM
Guy
Guy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant future
Guy,

It's another complete engine strip and rebuild to go 3.8, so it would be a lot of money for the extra gain......

It would need a track-drive to make a good comparison. I would guess the 997 chassis is better than 996 in general, but I would have thought the RT12 would still be softer compared to the scapel-like GT2. Ruf build their cars for the road, not the track, as you know.

I would love to go for an RT12, it's so beautifully made. The rear engine cover and spoiler is all-carbon for example. The integrated rollcage is a piece of art as always and has a removable horizontal bar in the rear so you still use the seats, then put the bar in and fit harnesses.

If you look carefully at the blue car is has the newest Ruf wheels, which are 19's and are a cross between the modular and the old style one piece.

Old 10-15-2005, 06:50 AM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
I am very sorry that Part II has been delayed.

The text is ready, but my website was hit by a worm which created some problems with the ftp so I can't upload pics the way I want. And the story is a lot nicer with pics

However I drove the new RS4 last weekend on the race track, and then went to Nürburgring.

You might be interested in some of the story + pics

Have a nice weekend!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...threadid=35290

Old 10-15-2005, 01:09 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Guy
It's another complete engine strip and rebuild to go 3.8, so it would be a lot of money for the extra gain......

It would need a track-drive to make a good comparison. I would guess the 997 chassis is better than 996 in general, but I would have thought the RT12 would still be softer compared to the scapel-like GT2. Ruf build their cars for the road, not the track, as you know.

I would love to go for an RT12, it's so beautifully made. The rear engine cover and spoiler is all-carbon for example. The integrated rollcage is a piece of art as always and has a removable horizontal bar in the rear so you still use the seats, then put the bar in and fit harnesses.

If you look carefully at the blue car is has the newest Ruf wheels, which are 19's and are a cross between the modular and the old style one piece.
Hmm interesting, i alwasy thought Ruf made them into more track oriented cars rather than just road cars?!?

Anyway that's a sick idea, the horizontal bar that comes out, i feel it kind of defeats the purpose but doesnt at the same time. Can you buy that anywhere??

Old 10-15-2005, 01:12 PM
MattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Very nice write up

Old 10-16-2005, 07:01 AM
9852147 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by iLLM3
Hmm interesting, i alwasy thought Ruf made them into more track oriented cars rather than just road cars?!?

Anyway that's a sick idea, the horizontal bar that comes out, i feel it kind of defeats the purpose but doesnt at the same time. Can you buy that anywhere??
manthey is more "race oriented" while ruf is "more" for the street.

but this does not mean that those cars will perform bad in the opposite category.

Old 10-17-2005, 05:19 AM
robots_are_neon is infamous around these parts
AMAZING i know im joing this thread late but OMG i am speechless

Old 10-21-2005, 10:10 AM
9852147 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Erik
I am very sorry that Part II has been delayed.

The text is ready, but my website was hit by a worm which created some problems with the ftp so I can't upload pics the way I want. And the story is a lot nicer with pics

However I drove the new RS4 last weekend on the race track, and then went to Nürburgring.

You might be interested in some of the story + pics

Have a nice weekend!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...threadid=35290

hey erik, we are still waiting, can you help us?

Old 10-21-2005, 06:55 PM
Tommy Vercetti is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Z0RR0
It's from AutoArt, www.aa-collection.com , IIRC, I payed 12$cdn for it ...
I am a big baller I sprung for 2 of the key chains, one for the M and the other for my truck. They both fell apart after about 2 months. Figures. No I have 2 calipers w/no rotor.