996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Post-Katrina Blues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 06:33 PM
TestnDoc is infamous around these parts
Post-Katrina Blues

Here is a pic of my house and my bedroom after Katrina. I haven't driven my Porsche since Katrina, and given the state of my neighborhood and community, haven't really wanted to. I'm thinking about unloading the Porsche. I dont want to sell it myself. Any ideas on which direction to go, or anyone know wholesaler/retailer to call?? Thanks

Attached Images  

Last edited by TestnDoc; 09-28-2005 at 06:36 PM.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:59 PM
Garey Cooper is infamous around these parts
TestnDoc don't do anything for a while. You're reaction right now might be caused by all of the stress and post crisis let down that can (& rightly so) occur. Give yourself a few days and then make the big decisions about where you want to take all of this. Do you have kids, grand kids, relatives with kids? Take 'em to a kids movie and spend a little time with them, they are the eternal optimists and bounce back with a vigor we call all draw inspiration from. Just a thought.

You've been through one of the biggest weather events ever to hit the United States, you've lived history and been a part of an event that will be talked and written about for generations. Be a witness and let others learn.

But, chill for a while on making the big decisions in my opinion.

Glad you're still around even to think about these things dude.

Old 09-28-2005, 07:11 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Doc - hang tough - worst thing to do is make a decision now about anyting other than taking care of your family and your home ... glad you are safe

Old 09-28-2005, 07:13 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Garey Cooper
TestnDoc don't do anything for a while. You're reaction right now might be caused by all of the stress and post crisis let down that can (& rightly so) occur. Give yourself a few days and then make the big decisions about where you want to take all of this. Do you have kids, grand kids, relatives with kids? Take 'em to a kids movie and spend a little time with them, they are the eternal optimists and bounce back with a vigor we call all draw inspiration from. Just a thought.

You've been through one of the biggest weather events ever to hit the United States, you've lived history and been a part of an event that will be talked and written about for generations. Be a witness and let others learn.

But, chill for a while on making the big decisions in my opinion.

Glad you're still around even to think about these things dude.
Great post.

Old 09-28-2005, 10:48 PM
Banned
StephenTi is infamous around these parts
Hang in there, man... hope your lives can get back to normal as soon as possible.

Old 09-28-2005, 11:50 PM
Banned
Neil@Orton is infamous around these parts
Glad to see you are OK.

Neil