996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Protomotive at it again

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.10 average.

Old 10-22-2005, 02:28 PM
[SVB]Bruce is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

it was a 01' Kawasaki ZX12R with a gutted cat..rider was suprised...but that happens alot against us... happened to me YEARS ago

i have video from my angle too...

but wait...im just a troll on the internet with my daddy's cars in my sig

Old 10-22-2005, 04:21 PM
pakisho is infamous around these parts
The car, the owner, the stories, all a figment of Bruce's imagination.

Hell, even bruce is a figment of bruce's imagination.

Old 10-22-2005, 05:29 PM
[SVB]Bruce is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by pakisho

Hell, even bruce is a figment of bruce's imagination.

thats funny...yet SO true

Old 10-22-2005, 06:33 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
My friend has a zx12r 2005 and he couldnt beat me on the highway either- and I only had at the time a stage 4 ecu with k-24s. we did 4 runs and I got him on all of them. So its not that hard to beat bikes and one does not need a crazy set up. NOW, show me video running against a BUSA then Ill be impressed.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-23-2005, 12:02 AM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by [SVB]Bruce
sorry you're not gonna get many numbers or info

just fake computer generated videos for you to decipher what you want to believe...IT'S ALL FAKE...LIKE JURRASIC PARK
Trying to avoid this turning into another tuner BS circus claims thread and butt dyno stories. The videos don't mean anything especially when the quality is so poor. This whole thread is meaningless without numbers and there was no need to post it, as it only hurts the builder and owner's reputations with comments like the above, if people associate any of them (Todd or Alex) with you or your internet personality.

Last edited by Jean; 10-23-2005 at 12:05 AM.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:14 PM
Okay Mr United Nations. As for poor video quality, I KNOW you didnt just diss the **** cam.

Old 10-23-2005, 02:45 PM
ChrisChow has a spectacular aura aboutChrisChow has a spectacular aura about
Old 10-23-2005, 06:04 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Jean
Trying to avoid this turning into another tuner BS circus claims thread and butt dyno stories. The videos don't mean anything especially when the quality is so poor. This whole thread is meaningless without numbers and there was no need to post it, as it only hurts the builder and owner's reputations with comments like the above, if people associate any of them (Todd or Alex) with you or your internet personality.
Jean,

Anyone can chose to believe or not believe. I can guarantee anyone that Alex won't lose any sleep over what other's choose to believe. If you know Alex (which you don't, but I do) then believe me the car is very fast. If it wasn't he would have started all over again and he wouldn't have been providing all the video's.

I do know a little bit about his motor and knowing his connections with NOS and therefore what is available to him makes my guess of power on tap to be between 890 and 940 rwhp. But then again who is to say I know anything. I may not know exactly how much power he is really making, but then I will find out how he stacks up against KA. I'm sure he is a little curious also. I understand he paid a little visit to S Car Go Racing this week.

Last edited by cjv; 10-23-2005 at 06:20 PM.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:37 PM
ChrisChow has a spectacular aura aboutChrisChow has a spectacular aura about
Well put Chad. I never met you but you speak the truth.
Definately looking forward to meeting you and running with KA.

Alex's 996tt has been running very well against various vehicles these couple of months and the videos show some real world runs that Todd builds a very nice/stout combination.

Originally posted by cjv
Jean,

Anyone can chose to believe or not believe. I can guarantee anyone that Alex won't lose any sleep over what other's choose to believe. If you know Alex (which you don't, but I do) then believe me the car is very fast. If it wasn't he would have started all over again and he wouldn't have been providing all the video's.

I do know a little bit about his motor and knowing his connections with NOS and therefore what is available to him makes my guess of power on tap to be between 890 and 940 rwhp. But then again who is to say I know anything. I may not know exactly how much power he is really making, but then I will find out how he stacks up against KA. I'm sure he is a little curious also. I understand he paid a little visit to S Car Go Racing this week.

Old 10-23-2005, 09:47 PM
Whats all this "ka" stuff? Is it a real car that goes out and runs like the protomotive car or are we benchracing a half complete car? Im new to this scene, so pardon my ignorance.

Old 10-24-2005, 12:01 AM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
CJV

I am sure those Protomotive engines are not fast , it is just a myth and I need the numbers to prove to me the opposite. As you said, Alex's car is fast only because he has great connections to NOS.

I just happen to have one of Protomotive 3.8TT engines because I liked their website, and was trying to find out how many thousand miles can an engine be shipped back and forth without getting lost by DHL.

Not being in the US (sorry for that!), the only way I have to understand how quick these cars are is through some posted timings, it is about "how" quick and not "whether" they are quick. Thousands of 6speed users don't live in CA to run against your cars and a timing slip or video of the speedo is the only way they can benchmark.

Old 10-24-2005, 12:29 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Jean
CJV

I am sure those Protomotive engines are not fast , it is just a myth and I need the numbers to prove to me the opposite. As you said, Alex's car is fast only because he has great connections to NOS.

I just happen to have one of Protomotive 3.8TT engines because I liked their website, and was trying to find out how many thousand miles can an engine be shipped back and forth without getting lost by DHL.

Not being in the US (sorry for that!), the only way I have to understand how quick these cars are is through some posted timings, it is about "how" quick and not "whether" they are quick. Thousands of 6speed users don't live in CA to run against your cars and a timing slip or video of the speedo is the only way they can benchmark.
Jean,

I can't speak for Alex, but I use to post both the good and the bad times after different changes. The BS and Hateraid resulted in no more time reports on my behalf. Believe me, I'm not the only one with a fast 996tt who feels this way.

Speaking for myself, life is too short to listen to many of the comments I have had to listen to. Not only for myself but others who I know who have very fast cars. I view these cars kind of like a professional sports team. No one is going to win them all. Alex made a comment awhile back, it went something like ........... my car may or may not be the quickest, but it is built just the way I like it. Alex may or may not have the quickest car but their is not doubt it is a Super Bowl contender. I happen to feel the same way about KA. My biggest disadvantage will be that Alex is a very good drag racer in any car.

Again, I am not asking you to agree with my opinion ............ I'm just looking for a little respect.

PS. I didn't say Alex's car is fast "only" because of the NOS. My "guess" based on the dyno I saw is his car is putting down about 740 rwhp. And remember this is with 1.4 bar. There is no telling how many bar Alex can really run. God knows the internals are set up to run more. None the less, this is very fast by itself. My other guess is he has another 150 hp on tap with the NOS. NOS ponies are like like Ruf or Manthey ponies. They just happen to be a little bigger than the other ponies.

Last edited by cjv; 10-24-2005 at 12:48 AM.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:49 AM
cjv
Originally posted by pakisho
Whats all this "ka" stuff? Is it a real car that goes out and runs like the protomotive car or are we benchracing a half complete car? Im new to this scene, so pardon my ignorance.
Well ............. yes on both accounts.

If you have some spare time go to

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...&threadid=1112

Last edited by cjv; 10-24-2005 at 12:55 AM.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by cjv
NOS ponies are like like Ruf or Manthey ponies.
Wow! All those years of Manthey racing experience and compared to a bottle with a regulator . You are right Chad, our opinions defer hugely, but it does not matter. I hope I was never disrespectful to you.

I don't really understand the "not sharing numbers" philosophy, you post them and let people think what they want, or let them come and race you, simple. A video like the ZX12 one is amazing, but I cannot understand how fast unless I can see numbers that's all.

Cheers.

Old 10-24-2005, 02:54 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
If I may add..... cars that produce power on the dyno may not perform as well on the street.. especially on the street racing circuit. Just look at the last shoot out... cars ranged from 550 hp to 900 hp... and no one broke the 10s. The explanation was: the car was not set up for it. do u like change something when u go out to street race.. .and then change back when u go to the road track? It doesnt make sense.
I have all the suspension work done... I know my car will do weel at the track.. and I know my car is in the low 11s cause I went to the tarck and proved it.
Its that simple... u lower the tire pressure... amybe put on MPSC tires... change the stiffness on the suspension... and go racing to the 1/4 mile track. and if a car with 750hp does 11.3s and a car with 570 hp does 11.3s... as the shoot out cars did... then "whats really the diference between the two?"
I know my car beats a zx12r on the highway all day long. I did it with my friend.
It doenst matter who built whos car and what u have in it....As long as it produces REAL results.
Go to the track.... do 5 runs... and take ur best run and post it. THATS HOW FAST UR CAR IS- PERIOD.
Now we have a reference point WE all could relate to.... i think its fair to ask. I would love to see a manual 6 peed do low 10s... but havent yet.
.. Im not directing this towards anyone particular...
Sharky did some runs... posted the videos... and we know that on that day he did 10.6. anyone else? you guys live in sunny CALIFORNIA... jsut go to the track... take a camera... and show us how fast these/this car really is. Im really interested cause 3 years ago the protomotive car did 10.7... wonder what it will do this time.
just my thought.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 10-24-2005 at 08:05 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.10 average.

Quick Reply: Protomotive at it again