996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Protomotive at it again

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.10 average.

Old 02-02-2006, 05:40 PM
KompressorKev is infamous around these parts
sorry, don't mean to hijack protomotive thread but

http://supraforums.com/forum/showpos...88&postcount=1

"1.45 60ft
5.73@131.7 1/8th
8.65@171.28"

incredible for a 3500+ lb. car!

Old 02-02-2006, 05:45 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KompressorKev

"1.45 60ft
5.73@131.7 1/8th
8.65@171.28"

Here's the link between Ryan Woon vs. ViperTT war. Lets hope to make this a 3 way war against three of the most well known cars in their communities.

http://www.viperalley.com/forum/vipe...ed-street.html

Old 02-02-2006, 05:45 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !

"1.45 60ft
5.73@131.7 1/8th
8.65@171.28"

does it get to the race on its own four wheels....
Marco my good friend in chicago also has a white supra running 8s.... its normal. I was gearing towards America cars being gutted.. not supras...
ist such a trade off.... u either race top end.. like 100mph and on... or 1/4 form 0 to what ever... depends on ur set up...
My evo tuner ran 8.54 at 156 on 2 liter motor... thats impressive.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 02-02-2006, 05:55 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Marko's car is all out drag race Supra. Ryan's

Quote WOTM.com:

I've had a lot of questions about my Supra as well so I thought I'd share that the car has:

Bone stock OEM 6spd Tranny
Stock Rear end with a TRD LSD
Stock Axles
Modded stock Driveshaft
Stock control arms
Stock Motor Mounts
Stock Tranny Mounts
Stock Diff Mounts
Still has A/C parts in the car (just missing the lines)
Still has Powersteering
Still has ABS
Still has full interior
Still has a stereo as well

The only weight savings the car has was a result of the Tilton Clutch which happens to be very light. Nothing else has been taken out to save weight at all!

Old 02-02-2006, 06:15 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Marko's car is all out drag race Supra. Ryan's
I disagree... cause at great lakes drag way when he ran 8.54 os something like that.. he actaully drove the car with some Polish blond girl... after which drove back to downtown chicago(60 miles) and we went to party...
I seen the car a few months ago... stereo, a/c, full interior... two stock seats.. etc... have u ever seen the car?
marco and I went to high school together.. I probably should know what he has in the car.
mark
ps I believe he sold the car recently...

click to view

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 02-02-2006 at 06:25 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
I disagree... cause at great lakes drag way when he ran 8.54 os something like that.. he actaully drove the car with some Polish blond girl... after which drove back to downtown chicago(60 miles) and we went to party...
I seen the car a few months ago... stereo a/c... two stock seats.. etc... have u ever seen the car?
marco and I went to high school together.. I probably should know what he has in the car. we go back many years.
mark
Mark
I don't doubt you.
I got my sources from the supraforums. There were a lot of skepticism in that community about the car. I believe it did not have stock 6spd when it was sold. Know that these guys are always up to the challenge, I think this would be an interested 3way war. Don't you?

Old 02-02-2006, 06:27 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark
I don't doubt you.
I got my sources from the supraforums. There were a lot of skepticism in that community about the car. I believe it did not have stock 6spd when it was sold. Know that these guys are always up to the challenge, I think this would be an interested 3way war. Don't you?
Yes it has a 3 speed I think its a beefed up TH 400 auto tranny ..thats what I recall him telling me... But everything else in the car was stock... he dd finally put in a 6 point cage.
mark

click to view

Old 02-02-2006, 06:47 PM
KompressorKev is infamous around these parts
My evo tuner ran 8.54 at 156 on 2 liter motor... thats impressive.
that's incredibly impressive. what kinda 60 foot and 1/8th mile et? the wotm supra and the tt viper with similar et's are running considerably higher trap speeds. thus i would say the evo has a great launch. what's the gearing like? is it stall awd? and wut kinda turbo, i assume some badass garrett? sorry for so many questions.

Last edited by KompressorKev; 02-02-2006 at 06:53 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:03 PM
Basic Sponsor
that's incredibly impressive. what kinda 60 foot and 1/8th mile et? the wotm supra and the tt viper with similar et's are running considerably higher trap speeds. thus i would say the evo has a great launch. what's the gearing like? is it stall awd? and wut kinda turbo, i assume some badass garrett? sorry for so many questions.
it a garret 42r I believe.... the tranny has a shorter final drive.... 100 shot NOS... 10000 rpms... AWD... I made a mistake.. he ran 8.77 at 151 mph.
I have the same set up... except no NOS and I opted for a gt35r for more street drivability...
link: http://devotuning.com/videos/adam877.mpeg

click to view

Old 02-02-2006, 07:11 PM
it a garret 42r I believe.... the tranny has a shorter final drive.... 100 shot NOS... 10000 rpms... AWD... I made a mistake.. he ran 8.77 at 151 mph.
I have the same set up... except no NOS and I opted for a gt35r for more street drivability...
link: http://devotuning.com/videos/adam877.mpeg

Mark

I current have the GT35 R onmy Viper TT and peaks out at about 750rwhp/1000tq with AEM EMS. I am seriously thinking about going to the 42r. What do you think the the advantage and disadvantage would be.

Attached Images  

Last edited by vincentdds; 02-02-2006 at 07:17 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark

I current have the GT35 R onmy Viper TT and peaks out at about 750rwhp/1000tq with AEM EMS. I am seriously thinking about going to the 42r. What do you think the the advantage and disadvantage would be.
I going with ur set up on my TT.... but I love my gt35r.... on my evo 8...
My friend has the 42r on his.... more lag.... but then u have more power on top... its really a trade off.... as to waht u want.... alot of P cars that do the internals prefer gt30r over 35rs because of the lag..... u on the another hand have alot more displacement....
the 42r uses different flanges... so cometic work would have to be done...
Personally I think u would kick *** with the set of 42rs....

click to view

Old 02-02-2006, 07:36 PM
I going with ur set up on my TT.... but I love my gt35r.... on my evo 8...
My friend has the 42r on his.... more lag.... but then u have more power on top... its really a trade off.... as to waht u want.... alot of P cars that do the internals prefer gt30r over 35rs because of the lag..... u on the another hand have alot more displacement....
the 42r uses different flanges... so cometic work would have to be done...
Personally I think u would kick *** with the set of 42rs....
I was thinking of having of Kevin Ultimatemotorwerks work his magic on the 42r with dif compressor wheel, ZC and ceramic coating ect..ect to reduce the lag.

Old 02-02-2006, 07:42 PM
Basic Sponsor
I was thinking of having of Kevin Ultimatemotorwerks work his magic on the 42r with dif compressor wheel, ZC and ceramic coating ect..ect to reduce the lag.
NICE.... I have kevins stage 5s ZC and they r absolutely awesome.... no lag at all... Im might do the same to gt35rs ...

click to view

Old 02-02-2006, 07:49 PM
NICE.... I have kevins stage 5s ZC and they r absolutely awesome.... no lag at all... Im might do the same to gt35rs ...
Yeah he is helping me building my 993tt right now with similar turbos. do you think he work his magic on these garretts. Care to share your promotive project. i am having my gt2,993tt and srt-10tt as project right now. maybe we can share notes.

Old 02-02-2006, 07:54 PM
Basic Sponsor
All I can say is that his work is very good.... Im very satisfied... I had a hybrid k24 and they sucked.... too much lag....
ask him if he would keep the ball bearings and just improve the efficiency....
I know he used high precision bushings versus ball bearings...

click to view

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.10 average.

Quick Reply: Protomotive at it again