996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Protomotive at it again

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.10 average.

Old 10-06-2005, 02:37 AM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Well...there you go, seems like Alex is experiencing the same thing that I am, daily drivers that behave like F1 cars when you need it, and no gizmos. The best thing is that I don't need to go beyond 1.1 Bar (705hp on engine dyno) to beat everything with 4 wheels out here. Try a 60-130 mph run in 6 seconds at 1.1 Bar and 110 degrees F on 91 octane. ..Go time your cars!

Old 10-06-2005, 07:44 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
Originally posted by Jean
A 1000hp engine that does not take you beyond 140mph in the quarter is not a 1000hp engine, regardless what a dyno can tell you, it is just not being translated to the road.
Bingo!

Old 10-06-2005, 11:17 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Alex, good to see you on this board.

I was the guy who owned the blue Protomotive car at the Shootout. The moment I saw your car on a truck headed to Todd after the Shootout, I knew your car was going to awesome.

I am glad that the results that my car produced inspired you to give them a try. Now you have an uber-monster!!!

Sometimes I miss the blue Turbo... but not as good of a track tool as the GT 2.

Old 10-06-2005, 11:46 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Hamann7
Alex, good to see you on this board.

I was the guy who owned the blue Protomotive car at the Shootout. The moment I saw your car on a truck headed to Todd after the Shootout, I knew your car was going to awesome.

I am glad that the results that my car produced inspired you to give them a try. Now you have an uber-monster!!!

Sometimes I miss the blue Turbo... but not as good of a track tool as the GT 2.
Whatever happened to your car? Who bought it and do we know the guy?

Old 10-06-2005, 11:47 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by ChrisChow
Hello Everyone-
This is Alex...I was with Chris today and he showed me around 6speedonline....I have to say it is the most ORGANIZED porsche message board that I have visited! I am very impressed with the framework and comradery of this board!
Porsches have a very special place in my heart. Out of all the performance vehicles that I have/had and driven/currently own including Ferrari F40(910hp), Lamborghini 6.0 (880hp), Carrera GT (stock), Toyota Supra (1600hp), EVO8 (est.830hp), Supercharged ZO6, 993tt (4L motor 900+hp), Hennessey Viper, and a friend modified Euro McLaren F1 etc etc...my Protomtive 996tt is at the top of the list. This car does it all...It is a daily driver that I take to the store, and on the weekends chase down a F1 at the track. What Protomoltive did is truly amazing. This car drives like a FACTORY TURBO, untill you turn up the boost. Currently, I have the car that fulfills my needs. It builds boost as low as 2550Rpms and shoots to 8000Rpm within seconds in every gear. As a friend said earlier today "some people try to shave ounces from a piston, while you add 482lb in stereo equipment". I wanted a car that does it all and does it all very well. The bottom line is that this car completes everything I wanted in a supercar at fraction of the price of my other vehicles. Under full boost, without the NOS, I believe the car will run somewhere in the high 150MPH range in the quarter mile and well over 230MPH (226 observed with 300-400rpm left to go) on the top end. The amazing thing that Protomotive was able to achive is the balance of the entire vehicle...at low speeds <140mph she drives LIKE A FACTORY CAR and a higher speeds >140mph she is easier to controll than a McLaren F1. I have had a 4.0l motor before (two to be exact) and I believe that a 3.6l is the perfect combo for this chassis. The area of attention in which I most concentrated on where the Heads and PROGRAMMING. The Heads are a one-off custom piece that where completly redesigned by the best man in the business (they flow over 368cfm). As for the programmning, hats are off to Todd at Protomotive. He has over 140 hours in tunning and the result is phenominal. Completly drivable (and not too loud), this is a car your grandmother could drive..(Thanks again Todd!!)... I did not want to have a car build that would be the quickest 996tt in the world, but if it is, so be it. I wanted a car that meets ALL of my criterias of a supercar. I am happy to share Videos with all of you (if anyone wants to drive her, let me know) and If someone out there (you know who you are!) wants to give her a run, please call me day or night, my car is ready to run today... Once again it was nice visiting this board and thanks to Chris Chow (Who has the most calumniating street driven 2000+hp GN that I have ever seen!) for giving me this opportunity to share this with all of you......and yes 1000++AWHP, usable, (no Nos) is perfect for a street car...

-Alexander
Did you ever go with Woosners?

Old 10-07-2005, 09:26 AM
Red C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to beholdRed C5 is a splendid one to behold
Taking car advice from some people around here would be like asking Dr. Ruth for advice on sex.

To say Alexander's car is not streetable or the power levels are unusable is plain nuts. How's it not usable? He gets better traction than cars weighing 1000lbs less and driving around on SLICKS. Watch the videos and you will see how usable the power is.

Like always, there will always be the ones that can't seem to comprehend that someone else's car can be better or faster. And we will have the ones that just don't have a clue because they've never actually done anything with the car other than drive it to Starbucks.

Don't let the haters get you down Alexander. You and Todd have accomplished something many wish they could. The tuners that actually perform on the street/track are the ones that are impressive. The others just talk about what kind of a car they COULD build, yet not much ever comes of it.

Many challenges are issued on the internet from owners of supposed fast cars, yet somwhow I doubt your phone's ringing much. Take care and be safe out there.

Old 10-07-2005, 12:47 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Very well put! There are 3 types of people in this world. Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who say what just happened?

Old 10-07-2005, 12:51 PM
Peter stop calling him Alexander. I hate that. Sounds so ghey? Did I even sanction that yet? His name is Alex. My name is Alex and we pump each other's gas and run the SAME vacuum.... We have imported vacuum hose from Peshwar.

Old 10-07-2005, 01:08 PM
pakisho is infamous around these parts
Lol. Peshwar?

And he is Alexander the Great. All must bow before the pump gas, 0.05bar mean machine. The white exhaust tips are from driving through cement.

Old 10-07-2005, 10:50 PM
i'm buying a wiper and smoke all you fooz.

Old 10-08-2005, 01:22 AM
ChrisChow has a spectacular aura aboutChrisChow has a spectacular aura about
Hey Sharkster-
Make shure that "wiper" is 'coated'...then it will not smoke!!!

buddyg-
Care to plug in any names for thouse people??

Old 10-08-2005, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by ChrisChow
Hey Sharkster-
Make shure that "wiper" is 'coated'...then it will not smoke!!!

buddyg-
Care to plug in any names for thouse people??
OK I raise the BS flag on this thread. First of all, the real Chris Chow has an awesome camera and is way better at filming than the person that did these videos. Why would I want to see amps?!?!? Everytime there's a car pulling in front of another they turn around and focus on Amps. It's all about Amps... Also, the real Chris Chow runs 5s on a tricycle.

Guys, I spoke to Alex today and wait till you see his new Vegtable Oil-injection system! I'm a bit worried about all those coatings you have tho

Old 10-08-2005, 07:47 AM
jayster is infamous around these parts
You guys are too clever, vegetable oil injection is a tricky science.
My turbodiesel rabbit truck loved it, till it got too cold outside.

Old 10-09-2005, 09:50 PM
Bump for fast Porsche... At the end of the day I'm still glad that a guy with a Silver TT has the fastest 996TT 6speed anyways:P Seriously guys so you know, I know the cars in these videos and would give them good runs but not blow them away like that. Knowing that my car is decently quick that should really tell you how fast Alex's car is...

I hear that he has accepted CJV's challenge so let the battle of the Bay Area Silver & Black (I might be good as a pace/film car?) begin....

PS My stereo is definately the worst of the three. I know that

Old 10-10-2005, 11:18 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
So much talk, so little action.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.10 average.

Quick Reply: Protomotive at it again