996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Protomotive at it again

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.10 average.

Old 10-15-2005, 09:02 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by ChrisChow
We will all see what the difference between a 996tt 3.6l motor and a GT-3 4.0l in the real world when CJV's car is together in November to run Alexander's.....
Knowing Alex, it is being modded as we write.

Chris,

Have you guys decided what turbo's you're using? I've posted complete pics of mine. Don't worry about it, I've got no intentions of changing my existing turbo's.

I'll run you in the quarter and then you'll have to run me on the track.

Last edited by cjv; 10-15-2005 at 09:11 PM.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:14 PM
ChrisChow has a spectacular aura aboutChrisChow has a spectacular aura about
"Knowing Alex, it is being modded as we write. " -CJV

I just spoke to Alexander, he said that "the car stays as it is today". He also said that he will disconnect the nitrous system to make things "fair". As for the turbos, you will have to take that up with him.....

Old 10-15-2005, 09:18 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by ChrisChow
"Knowing Alex, it is being modded as we write. " -CJV

I just spoke to Alexander, he said that "the car stays as it is today". He also said that he will disconnect the nitrous system to make things "fair". As for the turbos, you will have to take that up with him.....
No need for him to disconnect his nitrous. Then, some might say I have an unfair advantage with my programmed nitrous system. Actually, it would be interesting to run without and then with the nitrous. I'm really happy to understand it will stay the way it is today assuming that means the sound system is still there. Then at least I'll have a chance weight wise.

My whole engine is available for the world to see on the cjv/ s car go thread. If you read it you will know exactly when it is finished as I am providing continueous updates. If there is something not shown, ask I'll provide the info. No secrets here.

By the way, I haven't talked to Alex for awhile. Tell him him I said hi............... and good luck.

Chris, Todd K did my programming for about two years. We have discussed his turbo philosophy regarding the 996tt on many occasions. He is a great tunner If Alex doesn't want to talk about it that is cool.

Actually, Alex is the one who got me interested in using nitrous. I know TK doesn't like to use it period. Here is a peek at mine.

Last edited by cjv; 10-16-2005 at 08:01 AM.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:11 PM
Porscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by cjv
No need for him to disconnect his nitrous. Then, some might say I have an unfair advantage with my programmed nitrous system. I'm really happy to understand it will stay the way it is today. At least I'll have a chance weight wise.

My whole engine is available for the world to see on the cjv/ s car go thread. If you read it you will know exactly when it is finished as I am providing continueous updates. If there is something not shown, ask I'll provide the info. No secrets here.

By the way, I haven't talked to Alex for awhile. Tell him him I said hi............... and good luck.

Chris, Todd K did my programming for about two years. We have discussed his turbo philosophy regarding the 996tt on many occasions. He is a great tunner If Alex doesn't want to talk about it that is cool.

Actually, Alex is the one who got me interested in using nitrous. I know TK doesn't like to use it period. Here is a peek at mine.

Yo Chad, don't mess with NAWSS. Johny Tran's got over 100 thousand under his hood, he'll race you for slips

Sorry, had to post it after seeing this. Fast and the Furious was just on cable tonight.

BTW, can't wait to see Killer Angel take on Alex's car, should be a killer showdown.

Old 10-16-2005, 03:59 AM
Banned
StephenTi is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by cjv
Knowing Alex, it is being modded as we write.

Chris,

Have you guys decided what turbo's you're using? I've posted complete pics of mine. Don't worry about it, I've got no intentions of changing my existing turbo's.

I'll run you in the quarter and then you'll have to run me on the track.
0-60 and 1/4 leaves too much to the launch... you guys need to do the flying mile...

Old 10-16-2005, 11:48 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I think 1/4 is important... but not the only criteria. these guys have regeared trannies so doing like 3 runs would be good. Im very interested in the 1/4 times.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-16-2005, 12:04 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Kevin
You are right, and I was mentioning internals specifically for performance, not reliability. Of course on high torque or high revving engines there are a lot of things that can be made to ensure reliability, rods is one of them.

CJV, maybe I make you giggle, but I am laughing out loud , because I get to drive my car whenever I want to and I have a bulletproof proven engine that beats 99% of everything out there with wheels, I got a chance to test it, I am not talking on paper. I was answering a question by Kevin, to which you went way off tangent, the answer is no, he does not need to modify heads heavily or internals (other than reliability) to have a very fast car. Not everyone's ambitions are to try to have the fastest Porsche on earth. I know 930's from Protomotive and other that might grill you in the quarter and on any race track, costing $200k less, what's the point? Great R&D for sure and we thank you for it, but you need to stay realistic.

rmrmd, I guess you mean BSAC, as BSFC can be the same for both? A good 993 engine is around 8.5 whereas a 996 engine is around 10. If it is BSFC, 0.5-0.6 is good/safe.

Old 10-16-2005, 05:58 PM
cjv
Jean,

Sorry I ever said a thing. I think I'll just side on the sidelines and moderate.

Last edited by cjv; 10-16-2005 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:26 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
Originally posted by cjv
Jean,

Sorry I ever said a thing. I think I'll just side on the sidelines and moderate.
Nah, don't sulk! Your R&D and willingness to share thoughts is very valuable.

One question. Have you ever thought that your quest for the ultimate 996 turbo setup might come after the hardware has been made obsolete by later model Porsche gear (obviously the external gear can always be upgraded to the latest tech)?

However, given that technology advances relentlessly, doesn't that very fact put a timeframe of some sort on your project?

If that is true, what is the outside timeframe for this project before any 996 platform car is yesterday's news?

A la the world's most powerful and quickest 993 - who cares?

Old 10-17-2005, 11:38 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Talk is cheap boys let's see some real numbers. Bring your rides to the shootout in Texas next May!

Old 10-17-2005, 11:54 AM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Originally posted by MrBlonde
A la the world's most powerful and quickest 993 - who cares?
Hey...I care....

Old 10-18-2005, 02:31 PM
pakisho is infamous around these parts
Rumor has it that the protomotive car laid wood to all comers this weekend whether two wheeled or four.

Old 10-18-2005, 03:38 PM
Banned
StephenTi is infamous around these parts
That's what I'm talking about... no excuses, no talk, no it will, or should, or it's going to... just doing it and doing it and doing it well...

Last edited by StephenTi; 10-18-2005 at 03:42 PM.
Old 10-22-2005, 03:57 AM
ChrisChow has a spectacular aura aboutChrisChow has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by pakisho
Rumor has it that the protomotive car laid wood to all comers this weekend whether two wheeled or four.
Yup, a 1200R with a very excellent rider, props to the rider for trying to keep up with us. Videos up by this weekend

Old 10-22-2005, 04:00 AM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Chris
Please post some timings, quartermile or other acceleration figures, there must be some available by now?
Looking forward for the videos, thanks.
Jean

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.10 average.

Quick Reply: Protomotive at it again