996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Help Me Decide between Lambo & Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 10:59 PM
rspiteri is infamous around these parts
Robert... a V10 on order. You are a maniac. I love it.

Old 10-05-2005, 11:37 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
I agree with whoever said get the Lambo now.

Drive it awhile and if it is not fast enough sell it for the Pcar.

Old 10-06-2005, 12:13 AM
Banned
allanlambo is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by carnut
Hey Allan,

I've been looking at the used Gallardo's (like everyone else on the planet apparently), and I've noticed that the 2004 cars have only dropped from $165K to $145-150K. But I've seen 2005's that stickered at $195K going for $160K. So the 2005's have already depreciated more than the 2004's did in 2 years?

Am I missing something here?
A new 05 will not sell for 160. Ive have several dealer friends, and most G's are now selling at Sticker. Lambo flooded the market in the beggining, and realised their mistake. With the introduction of the Gallardo Spyder, Coupe production will be halted.

Old 10-06-2005, 12:18 AM
Banned
Originally posted by carnut
This is just my impression from reading what you wrote - an intuition.

Go for the Lambo or Ford GT. The Ford GT probably has everything your looking for including exotic looks, except the Ford name.

Assuming you want a sports car name, go for the Lambo. You're young and trust me you should experience the bling and fun of riding in a Lambo at that age. It appears that financially you're doing great so as long as it looks like you'll be earning that money for a while, go ahead and get the Lambo. BUT DON"T MOD IT!!!!!

I'll repeat - DON"T MOD THE LAMBO. After a couple months, when the desire hits you, put it off for a few more months, then sell the Lambo stock, you'll only lose probably about $20-30K. You can then go for pure performance and get into heavy modding on a different platform if you like.

You'll always want the Lambo, so just get it now. It will only get tougher to drive a stock Lambo after you've had other highly modded cars. So get the Lambo first for a year and then switch to a mod car.
I disagree. Inmo, once you drive a Lambo or any comparable exotic for that matter, getting into anything else, always feels like a downgrade. You may get a car thats faster, newer, etc, but there will always be something missing. Ive had the heavily modded cars, obnoxiously fast. Im sorry, but my Porsches, atleast in a straightline would outrun ANY 996TT that has been built by anyone here up until this day, and that was 10 years ago. Once you have one of these cars, you always have to have one. Other cars, you buy in addition to.

Old 10-06-2005, 12:33 AM
rakjoe is infamous around these parts
I own both (Murcie and moded 996TT) and the sad reality is that I drive the Lambo 98% of the time.
Once you own it, you'll understand, you just don't want to be seen in any other car without 100% tinted windows.
It's as simple as that.
Without a doubt, go with the Lambo, any Lambo, if you can pull it off.

Old 10-06-2005, 09:09 AM
venemous is infamous around these parts
Hey guys...once again thanks for all of the great responses! I think that I am def leaning towards the Lambo...I think I prob would always lust to have one if I went with the 911...no matter how fast I made it.

What I am wondering now is if anyone could enlighten me on the driving dynamics the Murcielago....I know that it is a large and somewhat heavy car, and I am wondering if maybe I would be better off sticking with the Gallardo even though it is a bit slower? When I watch videos of the Murci it seems like it tends to have a good amount of body roll in serious turns, and this is something that I know would dissapoint me with the car. Does the Gallardo differ seriously from the Murcielago in this matter, or am I just maybe being too hard on the Murci? What I really need is a ride in one of these things, lol...

Anyway, I would almost certainly leave the Murci stock sans exhaust and an intake (do they make an intake for that car yet even?)...while the Gallardo I would wait to see about the TT setup, although I am now thinking that I would just leave it mostly stock and then go for the new C6 Z06 as my "fast" car...and hook that baby up with TT's. Anyway, thanks again for all of the responses...you guys are all the man in at least 3 or 4 countries!

Old 10-06-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by venemous
Hey guys...once again thanks for all of the great responses! I think that I am def leaning towards the Lambo...I think I prob would always lust to have one if I went with the 911...no matter how fast I made it.

What I am wondering now is if anyone could enlighten me on the driving dynamics the Murcielago....I know that it is a large and somewhat heavy car, and I am wondering if maybe I would be better off sticking with the Gallardo even though it is a bit slower? When I watch videos of the Murci it seems like it tends to have a good amount of body roll in serious turns, and this is something that I know would dissapoint me with the car. Does the Gallardo differ seriously from the Murcielago in this matter, or am I just maybe being too hard on the Murci? What I really need is a ride in one of these things, lol...

Anyway, I would almost certainly leave the Murci stock sans exhaust and an intake (do they make an intake for that car yet even?)...while the Gallardo I would wait to see about the TT setup, although I am now thinking that I would just leave it mostly stock and then go for the new C6 Z06 as my "fast" car...and hook that baby up with TT's. Anyway, thanks again for all of the responses...you guys are all the man in at least 3 or 4 countries!
The Murcie has a zero body roll, it's very wide and has a low center of gravity plus you can manualy stifen the suspension to the point were the car feels like it's on rails.
The only thing where the M is lacking big time are the brakes on 02-04 models, they are simply not strong enough and dynamicly limiting the M to perform, thats the only mod I will do to the M. (I'm curently in progress doing it on my car)
The Gallardo is SOOOO much fun on a track, I had more fun with it than I had with a GT3 CUP on the same track, the brakes are superb and power is sufficient, you can't go wrong with it.

Old 10-06-2005, 10:01 AM
venemous is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by rakjoe
The Murcie has a zero body roll, it's very wide and has a low center of gravity plus you can manualy stifen the suspension to the point were the car feels like it's on rails.
The only thing where the M is lacking big time are the brakes on 02-04 models, they are simply not strong enough and dynamicly limiting the M to perform, thats the only mod I will do to the M. (I'm curently in progress doing it on my car)
The Gallardo is SOOOO much fun on a track, I had more fun with it than I had with a GT3 CUP on the same track, the brakes are superb and power is sufficient, you can't go wrong with it.
Thanks for the info....that is good to know. One other question for you then...is the Murcielago too big of a car to feel nimble on a track? I am not talking Auto X...I mean a decently sized track with both high and low speed turns and straights ect.

Old 10-06-2005, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by venemous
Thanks for the info....that is good to know. One other question for you then...is the Murcielago too big of a car to feel nimble on a track? I am not talking Auto X...I mean a decently sized track with both high and low speed turns and straights ect.
I'll be honest with you, the Murcie doesn't feel "Home" on a track, You will do much better picking the Gallardo if you track a lot.
I had my Murcie on a very fast track (Willow Springs) and even though it can be pushed to keep up with most sports cars it does "Tell" you that it has more than few extra pounds and it needs to be left alone ASAP..lol
The Murcie however is the ultimate car for rallies where you hammer it 180mph+ for hours at a time, if the Bullrun or the Gumball are your cup of tea then the M is defiantly the right car for you.

Old 10-06-2005, 11:10 AM
Bri
EE
Bri has a spectacular aura aboutBri has a spectacular aura about
I really think that venemous already answered his own question.. He said that even though he buys a TT and mod it to get his passion for speed fueled, he would still lust for the Gallardo no matter what.

I don't know but to me, that's his answer right there.

Old 10-06-2005, 01:56 PM
Banned
I love Murcielago, for what i use it for, it is perfect. If you are looking for an exotic to cruise on the weekends, that would be my suggestion. If you want a daily driver, id go Gallardo.

Also, if your talking about resale values, whats going on with the GT3's? Cant give those things away right now.

Old 10-06-2005, 02:21 PM
pakisho is infamous around these parts
Allan, some more info on the porsches you owned? Im curious.

Old 10-06-2005, 03:13 PM
ddturbo01 is infamous around these parts
Let me add...Porsche countless Lemans victories...Lambo I don't recall any..

Watch Porsche Victory by Design....

Old 10-06-2005, 03:25 PM
Banned
Originally posted by ddturbo01
Let me add...Porsche countless Lemans victories...Lambo I don't recall any..

Watch Porsche Victory by Design....
How many of those victories were you directly involved in?

I watched Victory By Design, and was bored to death. Honda has some serious race victories, should i get excited when i sit in one?

Old 10-06-2005, 03:26 PM
Banned
Originally posted by pakisho
Allan, some more info on the porsches you owned? Im curious.
Last one was a 714rwhp 930T that weighed 2490lbs wet.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help Me Decide between Lambo & Porsche