996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Help Me Decide between Lambo & Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 05:05 PM
95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of
Originally posted by allanlambo
Last one was a 714rwhp 930T that weighed 2490lbs wet.
That must have been a riot. How much of an issue was finding traction in the lower gears?

Old 10-06-2005, 05:32 PM
EpDarks is infamous around these parts
As a 20 year old, stick with the 996. Even if you could afford a Murci or even a Gallardo... where to go when that gets old?

As a relatively new driver, a Lamborghini seems overkill to me.

Save some money, buy a Gallardo in a few years when they're cheap. Maybe even a Murci or a CGT.

If I was in your position, I'd buy either a 360 or 430. Nice ballance between exotic and drivability. Since you didn't mention an F-car, get the 996TT... you will fall in love with it.

Old 10-06-2005, 05:58 PM
gdctus997 is infamous around these parts
If your really have the money and are not jerking chains, look into the Ruf turbo out of Dallas, or the 9ff (near Los Angeles). These are no ordinary 911s and they will set you apart from all others who could only dream of that speed. Look around. 996Newport posted some Ruf pics. They have the air intake built into the rear panel. Ruf orders these cars directly from Porsche without paint and a lot of other parts that Ruf will put into the car. They are the premier Porsche tunner (based in Germany).

If I had such a car at 20, I would be dead.

Old 10-06-2005, 06:25 PM
Banned
allanlambo is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by 95RogueM3
That must have been a riot. How much of an issue was finding traction in the lower gears?
On regular street tires, the car was undriveable. I believe i used to run around on 315 sized 17 inch drag radials, and then it was ok, except i needed new tires every 1000 miles. First car i had tried to put this motor in was a narrow body 911, which was even lighter than the 930, and that was a deathrtrap. Keep also in mnd, that with race gas, i could crank the boost alot higher.

Old 10-06-2005, 08:56 PM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
I always say if I could only have one car at a time, it would be a 996TT. If I did not need back seats in at least one car, I might go with the Gallardo. Supercar looks and can be driven. Just wished the doors were jacknife. I bought a Diablo 6.0 over the Gallardo just because I have always wanted a Lambo with those jacknife doors.

Old 10-06-2005, 09:07 PM
Banned
Originally posted by gdctus997
If your really have the money and are not jerking chains, look into the Ruf turbo out of Dallas, or the 9ff (near Los Angeles). These are no ordinary 911s and they will set you apart from all others who could only dream of that speed. Look around. 996Newport posted some Ruf pics. They have the air intake built into the rear panel. Ruf orders these cars directly from Porsche without paint and a lot of other parts that Ruf will put into the car. They are the premier Porsche tunner (based in Germany).

If I had such a car at 20, I would be dead.
That is still just another 911, distinguishable only to 911 diehards.

Old 10-06-2005, 10:19 PM
jay_ftw is infamous around these parts
If you don't mind me asking, how did you come to be able to afford a $100k+ car @ the age of 20? I'm 20, and I'm looking at purchasing a $30k car right now. Maybe I should pursue different avenues?

Old 10-07-2005, 04:39 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Originally posted by gdctus997
If your really have the money and are not jerking chains...<snip>

Some of us are on F-chat too pal.

Old 10-07-2005, 09:20 AM
ddturbo01 is infamous around these parts
I was at Limerock Park last year for the American Lemans series and the silver Lambo finish almost dead last.
My opinion is Lambo are shape like a Pizza box and frankly, it is a muscle machine. Power without control!

How many Hondas have won Leman or any respecting sport car endurance races? The answer is none.

PORSCHE will rule the world.

Old 10-07-2005, 10:08 AM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Even if you decide to buy the Porsche now (not a bad thing at all) you will LUST after a Lamborghini. Trust me

I had no idea you were 20 years old. You're definitely young enough to progress through all three cars, Porsche, Gallardo, and Murcielago.

If you start with the Porsche and drive it for a year then progress to the Gallardo and ultimately the Murcielago, it will allow you to appreciate them that much more.

Or you could do what I did, went from a modded '03 C4S to a 2005 Murcielago. I will never look back. My buddy bought the 4S from me, and I've had a chance to drive it recently. There is absolutely no comparison between the two. I know, a 996TT is much faster than a 4S but ultimate speed was not my objective with the Porsche.

Old 10-07-2005, 12:23 PM
Banned
Originally posted by ddturbo01
I was at Limerock Park last year for the American Lemans series and the silver Lambo finish almost dead last.
My opinion is Lambo are shape like a Pizza box and frankly, it is a muscle machine. Power without control!

How many Hondas have won Leman or any respecting sport car endurance races? The answer is none.

PORSCHE will rule the world.
Well my opinion is The P looks like a beetle, and as for the Lambo finishing almost dead last, well **** happens with a new car, a new team and no factory support.

Old 10-07-2005, 12:26 PM
venemous is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Diddy
If you don't mind me asking, how did you come to be able to afford a $100k+ car @ the age of 20? I'm 20, and I'm looking at purchasing a $30k car right now. Maybe I should pursue different avenues?
Ya know...I gotta say that whenever I used to hear about people that were really young that were really rakin in the $$$ in I always wondered what the hell it was that I was doing wrong myself...and then just passed it off and thought, well, they are in the small majority of people, and probably got their jump from their parents (which I am not running down…but I never had that opportunity…so I figured it useless to worry about). Then I would basically forget about it, and keep taking the “traditional†path to success…going to school…then getting a job..etc. Here is some of my story…

I was going to community college after HS (my dad had lost his job and so I decided to go to community college to get a scholarship to my choice school so that I didn't need to worry my parents with trying to pay for my school or take out monstrous loans for myself), and it really wasn't working for me. I was majoring in pre-dentistry at the time, and although it seemed to be a very lucrative profession in terms of being self-employed and making a pretty good amount of money every year, the more that I thought about it, the more I realized that it just wasn't for me.

So what I did was take a lot of money that I had saved up from working at Friendlys as a waiter for 2 and 1/2 years (which was originally going towards a nice 30kish car), and I invested it in products to sell online (like I said in my original post I sell self help audiobooks from people like Anthony Robbins or Zig Ziglar). I then used my profits from selling that stuff and bought more inventory, enpanded my product lines to sell more things, etc.

Obviously it is much more complicated than that in terms of what was all involved, but I will say that there was no shortage of hard work. I know it sounds cliché, but hard work and dedication is the key. There was a period of about 4 months or so that I was working 15-18 hours per day every day of the week...and then literally dreaming about things to do for the next day when I went to sleep. I had to sacrifice a lot during that time...never hung out with my friends really... and sure as hell didn’t get to go out much. I will tell you that at one point I nearly had a breakdown because of all the pressure that I was putting on myself at the time, and the lack of personal leisure time and all.

I lost a of friends at during this whole thing, because they got mad at me for never being around, and then when I finally had some time to spend (I still work 12 hours a day...but I make sure that I have time to myself after that), they all said that all I cared about was money etc. Those are all people that I am no longer friends with any more (and who I thought of as brothers for more than 6 years of friendship). I have a few remaining friends from that group that are smart enough to know that I am still the same person that I always have been...the only thing that has really changed is the size of my bank account...the problem is the rest of them have no ambition (work at gas stations...not going to school, etc) and see me actually having money and success now, and just decide that I am automatically some rich snob or something all of a sudden for no real reason. That whole thing is a really long story, but that is the general idea of it. In case you were wondering why I am even telling you this...it's because I want to explain that having success at this age for me has been a very interesting roller coaster for me...it's really shown me my limits with a lot of things, and I've grown up a lot from realizing that things are not always what they seem (like my close friendships with those guys). I don't regret a single decision that I've made with anything in regards to all this, and I feel truly blessed that I have had the opportunities that I've had, and thankful that I had the guts to stick with it when things got sticky...because God knows that they have at times.

Anyway, my advice to you in terms of your comment on wanting to "pursue different avenues" is to try to find something that you enjoy doing (I'm not a self-help junkie...lol...but I love the challenge of learning how to market my products...building my company...forming business partnerships with different people & companies, etc...and above all being MY OWN BOSS!). I wish that I could give you some sort of a set formula to follow in terms of how to make tons of money or something, but the truth is that you need to find a system that works for you...and then give it everything you've got. I sell tons of programs that teach you how to do this in all sorts of different ways...and I get tons of phone calls & emails from people telling me how the programs that they have bought from me have helped them in their own pursuits and dreams...which is a very fulfilling part of my job.

What I did involved a lot of risk...I mean I took my life savings and gambled it to a certain extent...but I made sure that I knew where I was headed...and kept sight of that goal. Obviously I didn't dive headfirst into it all...I experimented to see what worked, and then went full steam with it when I had figured that out. I think that for the most part, in order to really make a lot of money anymore, you need to be in some sort of business for yourself…so if that if making tons of money is something that you really want for yourself…that I what I would suggest that you try to do. Try to find something that you enjoy, and something that you will be comfortable making certain sacrifices and compromises for…in terms of what it will take for you to succeed with it. I was willing to sacrifice my free time…and I had to deal with losing a lot of people that I cared about (which I don’t regret anymore…since they suck at life, lol…but it sure sucked at the time). I also was willing to sacrifice going to college (I’m planning on getting a degree in the somewhat near future…but I don’t know that I will ever go to a school and have the experiences of frat parties and living in a dorm, etc). I was never willing to sacrifice my conscience or integrity for anything however…and because of that I have never looked into any sort of avenues that would require me to do so. I really think that any sort of avenue that leads to big rewards is also going to be laden with big risks and so you need to think about that. However…I will say that if you have the will and determination to succeed…you will. Period. It may take some time…and you may strike out…but I think the thirst for success is like running water…it’s inevitably going to get through whatever is blocking it. Maybe I am into what I sell a little too much now, lol, but I promise you that is my own take on things, and I what I am saying to you is comes from personal experience.

Another thing I really want to stress is to just always be yourself….I mean yeah, I need to act professional with clients…or making a deal for a new product line from a publishing company or something, but I am still a normal 20 year old kid for the most part. I still go out and party and get wasted with my buddies (although not too much since I work so much…but like I said…I take most weekends off now)…I don’t go around flashing my stuff all over the place…I just bought a totally pimp $3,000 Baume & Mercier watch…etc, but I don’t feel like I need to tell everyone that all the time…because that is where I think you start to lose the satisfaction of being successful for yourself…and start just trying to impress people…which can really ruin relationships and attract gold digging jerkoffs that just want to sponge off you. My point is just that success is as much a state of mind as it is a byproduct of specific actions…and in order to have success with money as well as in your personal life I personally feel that it’s important to stay grounded…because if you don’t things can get pretty ugly very fast.

I hope that this crazy long response has been able to help you at least a little…and trust me…I sure as hell don’t have all the answers myself even, but I know that I am on the right path for long-term happiness for what I know is important to me. If you have any more questions or you want to talk to me about anything feel free to PM me or email me at xtrememach1racer@yahoo.com and I will be more than happy to help you out.

As for everyone else on here...thanks again for all the help...and I'm sorry again about the long post...I promise I don't always drone on and on about things, lol, but I thought wanted to drive and give a thorough answer to that question, since I would have hoped for the same from someone had I been asking the question myself.

Old 10-07-2005, 12:52 PM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Well said,

and congratulations on your success. It's always nice to hear whe someone works hard and is able to enjoy the fruits of your labor. Keep up the great work!

Old 10-07-2005, 01:07 PM
Banned
Good job!

Old 10-07-2005, 01:55 PM
venemous is infamous around these parts
Thanks guys!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help Me Decide between Lambo & Porsche