996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Help Me Decide between Lambo & Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 02:27 PM
carnut is infamous around these parts
Great job man.

2 thoughts that it brings to mind.

1. I originally assumed you had family money and therefore alot of security. Since it appears you don't, then it's that much more important to be very careful with your money. Since you say you started doing this after you began Community College and you're now 20 then your business can't be much more than a year old. Often when were young, we assume that whatever success we have will continue forever. But, things in business can change VERY quickly.

If you are REALLY confident that your business will continue to flourish because you have some specific competitive advantage then great. But, I would advise that at your age and with such a young business, you spend as little money as possible while still rewarding yourself so that you are prepared for any potential pitfalls life might throw at you.

At age 20, with a 1 year old business, my suggestion would be to SAVE, SAVE, SAVE. The $3K watch is great, you should reward yourself. But doing $100K mods to a $150K car, where you can never recover the cost of the mods, is not what I would recommend.

Go for the 2001 or 2002 996TT with mods already done. You can probably find a great FAST car for $75-85K with a quite a few mods already done so you don't take the depreciation on the mods.

Save the rest of your money in case anything happens, you'll have something to start a new career with, or just money to have in case a new opportunity presents itself (new businesses are notorious for suddenly needing cash to cover a down month ot take advantage of a new development in the industry/market).

2. The other point this brings up is that having a Lambo may help your business. I'm not sure if you are a "behind the scenes" guy who just sells other people's stuff or if you are selling your own success self help media (or plan to down the road). For people in that business that are basically selling themselves, it can help to have showy items that attest to the person's success and thus their life strategy. So if your a behind the scenes guy then it doesn't matter and I would go for the Turbo. If you are a "Hey look what success I've had - buy my products" guy then yeah being able to say you bought your own house, had nice watches and drove a Lamborghini by age 20 is certainly a selling point. So if you're out there, then driving a Lamborghini is clearly a bigger WOW factor for most people than a Porsche.

Old 10-08-2005, 10:34 AM
ddturbo01 is infamous around these parts
In my opinion Lambo are kit cars or cars that you see on Rap vid cuz it is bling bling car.

Lambos have no winning history. Nada...no clubs, nothing.
Correct if I'm wroing but VW owns Lambos?

I think the Carrera GT is the ultimate exotic car and its worth every penny.
If you want a super car you can drive to the supermarket then buy a 996 TT. If you want a bling bling car then drive a Lambo.
Why would you limit yourself? why drive a car only for weekends?
Life is to short..enjoy every sec..

DDTURBO
01 996 TT 50K+ miles
00 Boxster S 35K+ miles

Old 10-08-2005, 12:02 PM
rakjoe is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by ddturbo01
In my opinion Lambo are kit cars or cars that you see on Rap vid cuz it is bling bling car.
It's ok, you're from Brooklyn, I'm sorry.

Old 10-08-2005, 12:58 PM
Official Dipshit 2006
shiggins is infamous around these parts
what the **** is the ddturbo kid talking about. Who gives a **** about the winning history. FYI, you weren't apart of any of it, and owning a car with the same parent company doesn't make you any more a part of it.

They didn't take your TT or Boxster and win any races with it.

Old 10-08-2005, 01:02 PM
Banned
allanlambo is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by ddturbo01

Lambos have no winning history. Nada...no clubs, nothing.
Correct if I'm wroing but VW owns Lambos?

I think the Carrera GT is the ultimate exotic car and its worth every penny.
If you want a super car you can drive to the supermarket then buy a 996 TT. If you want a bling bling car then drive a Lambo.
Why would you limit yourself? why drive a car only for weekends?
Life is to short..enjoy every sec..

DDTURBO
01 996 TT 50K+ miles
00 Boxster S 35K+ miles
Anyone who buys a Boxster, and would actually list it in his signature, has no opinion.

Old 10-08-2005, 01:26 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I would buy a *****.

Old 10-08-2005, 02:01 PM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
I would buy Sharkster a *****. A big hairy one.

Old 10-08-2005, 02:19 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
For you either get a GT2 or wait and buy a used CGT

Old 10-08-2005, 03:01 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Originally posted by allanlambo
Lambo. No matter what you do, someone will always be faster, so you might as well look good.
Agreed, buy the Porsche. The Lambo says look at me, the Porsche is a Porsche.

Christian

Old 10-08-2005, 04:58 PM
gdctus997 is infamous around these parts
Keep up the hard work. When you are young, however, you should look at buying things that appreciate (cars depreciate, except for very few). Other than professional athletes and heirs, few people in the 20s can afford to buy cars like these.

Enjoy life and be smart with your money.

Old 10-08-2005, 10:26 PM
phillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to behold
Put a down payment on a house, then buy the TT.

Old 10-09-2005, 12:38 AM
Banned
Ferrarislave is infamous around these parts
Anyone who buys a Boxster, and would actually list it in his signature, has no opinion.
LMAO, any person claiming to own even a boxster who expresses themselves in that way most likely has no experience with either Lamborghini, or Porsche.

Lamborghini = Kit Cars , no winning history

Ignorance is bliss my friend.....

Last edited by Ferrarislave; 10-09-2005 at 12:44 AM.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:22 AM
Banned
Originally posted by Christian
Agreed, buy the Porsche. The Lambo says look at me, the Porsche is a Porsche.

Christian
No way. Porsche= Just a Porsche.

Lambo= sex on wheels.

Old 10-09-2005, 02:24 AM
Banned
No way. Porsche= Just a Porsche.

Lambo= sex on wheels.
Inmo, you can make a Porsche faster, but it will never be better.

Old 10-09-2005, 09:25 AM
pitbullforte has a spectacular aura aboutpitbullforte has a spectacular aura about
lambo, no doubt. the turbo is a great car but the lambo adds the exclusivity value.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help Me Decide between Lambo & Porsche