996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Help Me Decide between Lambo & Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 09:49 AM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Originally posted by allanlambo
Inmo, you can make a Porsche faster, but it will never be better.
Porsche is a better built and more reliable car IMO. How many Lambo's have 90k miles on it? If you know of one what was the cost to get it there?

Porsches run for ever and never fall apart, Italians can't say that.

The Italians may be more flashy, but that's all I can say about them.

Christian

Old 10-09-2005, 12:29 PM
aaronlosey is infamous around these parts
i read most of the post, not all of it. i didn't see anyone really mentioning if you really want to drive on the track hard, you should have a car you don't mind thrashing, and you can afford to lose at any moment as a total right off. when you hit wet grass and are heading for the tire wall, it hurts less if you don't care about the car. plus, if your really serious about track use, would you put a cage in your lambo to qualify for certain track days going wheel to wheel?

your young, pick up something entertaining and above all fun, and you will never make a lambo as fast as a FI vette can be.

i vote for a tt porsche if you just want to have a fancy sports car with potential to go faster. or a gt2 if you can afford it, cause awd gets boring.

Old 10-09-2005, 12:53 PM
Banned
allanlambo is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Christian
Porsche is a better built and more reliable car IMO. How many Lambo's have 90k miles on it? If you know of one what was the cost to get it there?

Porsches run for ever and never fall apart, Italians can't say that.

The Italians may be more flashy, but that's all I can say about them.

Christian
How many Lambos have you owned? Ive owned quite a few and theyve never let me down. Highest mileage car i know of is a 300,000 mile Diablo in England.

No doubt Porsche is reliable, but for me, I dont care if a car runs for ever.... I wouldnt own a Porsche forever, as id be bored in 6 months. Porsche lacks the pure emotion of driving an Italian car. Theyve never had it, never will.

Old 10-09-2005, 01:05 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Blah blah, ^^^^that's your opinion. I have mine.

Christian

Old 10-09-2005, 01:06 PM
Banned
Ferrarislave is infamous around these parts
How many Lambos have you owned? Ive owned quite a few and theyve never let me down. Highest mileage car i know of is a 300,000 mile Diablo in England.

No doubt Porsche is reliable, but for me, I dont care if a car runs for ever.... I wouldnt own a Porsche forever, as id be bored in 6 months. Porsche lacks the pure emotion of driving an Italian car. Theyve never had it, never will.
Couldn't agree more.... The Italian realibility thing is over blown. I have seen 80k-100K mile F-cars, and L cars, although it is not everyday you see one, they do exist.

Old 10-09-2005, 01:29 PM
Banned
Blah blah, ^^^^that's your opinion. I have mine.

Christian
Its ok, youre from Tennesee. You dont know any better.

Old 10-09-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Ferrarislave
Couldn't agree more.... The Italian realibility thing is over blown. I have seen 80k-100K mile F-cars, and L cars, although it is not everyday you see one, they do exist.
Of course they exist. What type of expense is involved?

Christian

Old 10-09-2005, 01:34 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Inmo, you can make a Porsche faster, but it will never be better.
Depends for what... A Porsche can be made to go faster than any lambo and also around the track...However I'd never get laid in a Porsche. A lambo gets chicks better than any other car.

Old 10-09-2005, 01:37 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by sharkster
Depends for what... A Porsche can be made to go faster than any lambo and also around the track...However I'd never get laid in a Porsche. A lambo gets chicks better than any other car.
but if u want to get laid by guys Porsche is the way to go!

Old 10-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Banned
Of course they exist. What type of expense is involved?

Christian
Ill bet you, that it has cost me far less in mods and maintenence than most of the Porsche guys here, and in terms of outright speed, it would take a hell of a built Porsche to beat me.

Old 10-09-2005, 01:47 PM
racerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to behold
Unless this is Micheal Schumacher, I can't imagine a 500+ hp car not being fast enough on the track. A normally aspirated 996 can kick the **** our of a TT if the drivers are at opposite ends of the experience spectrum. If you are such a good driver that you need more hp to be faster get a Porsche GT2 and hop it up. If you can't beat the times the Porsche Club guys are running at your local track, get a GT3 and have some fun learning to drive fast safely. I've been to track days with Ferrari and Lambos, they can run with the right driver behind the wheel, but are more inclined for picking up chicks on the Boulevard that being punished at the track on a regular basis. Great cars, but not that I'd consider at track car. There is a nice pair of PANOZ Cup Cars for sale on ebay right now.

Good luck

PS - AllenLambo, as for the "emotion" thing, I think thats in the driver. The last car I know of that had "emotion" was white, had a #52 on it, and was named Herbie

Last edited by racerjsz; 10-09-2005 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:48 PM
Banned
Originally posted by sharkster
Hmmm dont be soo sure. In terms of outright speed, I dont know about that.

Old 10-09-2005, 02:10 PM
XX911XX is infamous around these parts
My vote is for the Lambo.

Lambo = Sex on Wheels = More sex from your wheels

If I was a girl and you had a lambo, I would pull up my skirt and...

I bet allanlambo has blue *****

Old 10-09-2005, 02:42 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Hmmm dont be soo sure. In terms of outright speed, I dont know about that.
Oh you mean like top end to 230plus? Yeah that's different.. I mean just going around turns and race track stuff... Although, some of the crazy 996tt's now can be made to go crazy up top too. Look at the weird looking 9ff. One thing for sure is that if I had a Lambo I would get much more punanny instead of man-meat. They just always look better and more exotoc.

Old 10-09-2005, 04:19 PM
alexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud of
Originally posted by pakisho
The Ford gt has as much mod potential, if not more, than any turbo porsche. Half an hour for a smaller pulley on that blower, and hold on to your socks.

the pulley is a given on any blown car. what more potential is there past that? how could you make a statement that it has more than the porsche. you can replace 90% of the parts on a 996TT if you were so inclined...i dont even think they make an aftermarket exhaust for the GT

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help Me Decide between Lambo & Porsche