996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Help Me Decide between Lambo & Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 05:10 PM
Banned
allanlambo is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by sharkster
Oh you mean like top end to 230plus? Yeah that's different.. I mean just going around turns and race track stuff... Although, some of the crazy 996tt's now can be made to go crazy up top too. Look at the weird looking 9ff. One thing for sure is that if I had a Lambo I would get much more punanny instead of man-meat. They just always look better and more exotoc.
No doubt a Porsche is a better track car than a Diablo, or Murcielago, but the Gallardo kicks *** on the track.The Murcielago and DIablo are meant to swallow up the highway, and at 180mph, they are far more secure and planted than a Porsche. The Gallardo with the track package is said to be several seconds faster around certain tracks than its normal counterpart, which on the Nurburgring still kicked the crap out of the 360CS.

There is a Diablo Twin Turbo in Japan, which dynoed 1187 rwhp, and can do more, but the dyno will only regsiter to 1200rwhp. Its an Sv like mine.

Old 10-12-2005, 02:21 PM
ddturbo01 is infamous around these parts
I find this amusing. I notice the drivers in here who drive Lambos get so emotional.I nsecure maybe?? are you the type of guy who gets ***** enlargement? maybe? I mean I don't need a bling bling car to pick chicks. Although, Lambos is a good car to pick up hookers by the Vegas strip.
Lambo= shape like a pizza box to pick up hookers.
Porsche= a real man's car who tracks it and drives it every day

DD TURBO
996 TT
Boxster S

Old 10-12-2005, 02:36 PM
pakisho is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by alexWS6

the pulley is a given on any blown car. what more potential is there past that? how could you make a statement that it has more than the porsche. you can replace 90% of the parts on a 996TT if you were so inclined...i dont even think they make an aftermarket exhaust for the GT

Whats your point here, dude? That you can sink more money into the porsche than the Ford? Because if thats what you use as a benchmark, maybe you should be less and a little more at your train of thought.

I was referring to how well the Ford will respond to mods. It will run into the 10s with a good driver, sticky tires, a smaller pulley and maybe a pcm reflash. I havent seen a porsche do that yet.

On the other hand, if you are referring to the ability to spend 100k on top of the purchase price and wind up recovering about 25% of that when you sell it, then yes, I would imagine the p-car comes out ahead? Keep in mind the ford hasnt been out very long.

Old 10-12-2005, 02:58 PM
ddturbo01 is infamous around these parts
All this trash talk about Lambos being a bad *** car is making me girlie.
I don't see any Lambos on the race track. Lambos make good lawn onrament. It is a poser car, good for burnouts and picking up hookers at time square.

Only Drive Porsche. Yes, it is a two-word syllable.

DD TURBO

Old 10-12-2005, 09:09 PM
rakjoe is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by ddturbo01
All this trash talk about Lambos being a bad *** car is making me girlie.
I don't see any Lambos on the race track. Lambos make good lawn onrament. It is a poser car, good for burnouts and picking up hookers at time square.

Only Drive Porsche. Yes, it is a two-word syllable.

DD TURBO
Which reminds me to pick up my hookers today, they been carrying on them some serious cash they got off guys with Porsche in Brooklyn who couldn't get laid with their own girlfriends. Got to collect the dough tonight.

Old 10-12-2005, 11:21 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally posted by allanlambo
No doubt a Porsche is a better track car than a Diablo, or Murcielago, but the Gallardo kicks *** on the track.The Murcielago and DIablo are meant to swallow up the highway, and at 180mph, they are far more secure and planted than a Porsche.
i agree.. for once. I had both and its totally true.
I could do 170 going to my house on the Edens highway inChicago.... but only 150 on the s curves in my back then stock TT. i would get it to move on me as if air was getting underneath it. once, I actually did 200 in the VT and let go of the steering wheel.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-12-2005, 11:27 PM
pakisho is infamous around these parts
Sounds conducive to a long life.

Old 10-12-2005, 11:29 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
If you wan tto put on 50K miles without worries and live in a big city.. i suggest a TT. If you want to use it to drive on weekends only and put no more then 5k miles year.. get the lambo. I got too much attention.. living in big city that going to the grocery store or Ice cream wih a girl turned into a spectacle. getting in and out of gas stations was sometimes difficult due to spectators as well. everyone wanted to talk to me .. check the car out.. including the cops.... and was asked many questions.. " what do you do for a living"
.. I started telling everyone thats its my dads.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-13-2005, 12:13 AM
bottomline is infamous around these partsbottomline is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by MARKSKI
If you wan tto put on 50K miles without worries and live in a big city.. i suggest a TT. If you want to use it to drive on weekends only and put no more then 5k miles year.. get the lambo. I got too much attention.. living in big city that going to the grocery store or Ice cream wih a girl turned into a spectacle. getting in and out of gas stations was sometimes difficult due to spectators as well. everyone wanted to talk to me .. check the car out.. including the cops.... and was asked many questions.. " what do you do for a living"
This is exactly what I figured most Lambo owners go through.

Old 10-13-2005, 12:03 PM
rakjoe is infamous around these parts
I find this amusing. I notice the drivers in here who drive Lambos get so emotional.I nsecure maybe?? are you the type of guy who gets ***** enlargement? maybe? I mean I don't need a bling bling car to pick chicks. Although, Lambos is a good car to pick up hookers by the Vegas strip.

DD TURBO
996 TT
Boxster S
Somehow id say you are the insecure one, having to try and insult others. Im not insecure in the least, I know i am better than you!

Porsche is a great car for the person who cant afford more than 1 car. Thankfully i dont have that problem.

Old 10-13-2005, 12:56 PM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute

DD TURBO
996 TT
Boxster S
Go find some friends dude.

Old 10-13-2005, 02:25 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Originally posted by rakjoe

Porsche is a great car for the person who cant afford more than 1 car. Thankfully i dont have that problem.
Sorry dude, but the above statement makes you look like an *** and on/below his level.

Christian

Old 10-14-2005, 09:45 AM
bdbx18 is infamous around these parts
I can relate to that (somewhat) when I had my NSX. Folks at the office crawl out of the woodwork and I became the guy known as 'the one with the NSX'. Even the cop who stopped me for speeding was yapping it up about the looks, how it looks like a Ferrari, blah, blah, as he was writing up the ticket. Which btw, he pulled me over instead of the car I was following.

My all time favorite car design remains the Lamborghini Miura.

Old 10-14-2005, 10:07 AM
Brian Haske is infamous around these partsBrian Haske is infamous around these parts
i agree.. for once. I had both and its totally true.
I could do 170 going to my house on the Edens highway inChicago.... but only 150 on the s curves in my back then stock TT. i would get it to move on me as if air was getting underneath it. once, I actually did 200 in the VT and let go of the steering wheel.

Old 10-14-2005, 12:39 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by allanlambo
No doubt a Porsche is a better track car than a Diablo, or Murcielago, but the Gallardo kicks *** on the track.The Murcielago and DIablo are meant to swallow up the highway, and at 180mph, they are far more secure and planted than a Porsche. The Gallardo with the track package is said to be several seconds faster around certain tracks than its normal counterpart, which on the Nurburgring still kicked the crap out of the 360CS.

There is a Diablo Twin Turbo in Japan, which dynoed 1187 rwhp, and can do more, but the dyno will only regsiter to 1200rwhp. Its an Sv like mine.
Oh yeah bud.. I agree. Drove a couple of Gallardos and they sure do cut up corners like no other Lambo I've ever seen/driven... Impressive. I wish they were lighter but still.

I think I've seen pix of the TT Diablo but no videos sadly. Sounds like a monster.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help Me Decide between Lambo & Porsche