996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Stereo Upgrades

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 04:36 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Focal Utopias

Originally posted by Sloth
I think EM is saying that the Focal logo is the sticker. Porsche does make the grills in CF.
Heh, thought it looks too good to be a stick on .....damn I have never seen those grills b4...anyone have a part number??
Thanks,
Evan

Old 11-13-2003, 04:37 PM
EM 996 GTS is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Focal Utopias

Originally posted by Sloth
I think EM is saying that the Focal logo is the sticker. Porsche does make the grills in CF.
Yeah, that's right...

sorry for the misunderstanding

Old 11-13-2003, 04:51 PM
YSITSMN is infamous around these parts
Hay EM that is the same head unit that I will be using in my car. I think that it is the best on the market. What frontstage ae you running the two or three way? I have a set of the 136ws just laying around at my house. I am waiting for CES befor I tear the car apart Focal is changing there crossovers and tweeters on their Utopia line this year. I am also running a seperate 6.5" screen just below the Head unit to run my Gauges. Both HKS and Greedy have a peice but have not been imported to the states. I have been trying to figure out how to remove the whole rear seat so I can build my custom enclosure and still have evey thing look dead stock.

Old 11-13-2003, 06:28 PM
docjackson1 is infamous around these parts
good question-how do you do an upgrade on a new car and integrate with the most system?

Old 11-13-2003, 06:46 PM
luting_chen is infamous around these parts
hm.. endra...
the 7500?
i'm doing my little stereo upgrade too...hahaha
was deciding between the 7500 and the seperate touch screen by itself...
b/c i don't really like flip up screen... but it'll look damn good with the GT3 console delete kit... hehehehe...
Should I? should I not?

btw...how long is it gonna take for ur car to be done? ^_^
can't wait to see da pic...
i'll be visiting SF soon...haha... yeah...again :P

Old 11-13-2003, 08:41 PM
01-996 is infamous around these parts
I simply added two kicker subs with an alpine v-12 amp to the factory system.

Old 11-13-2003, 08:56 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Im doing focal speakers and JL subs (2 tens)...not too sure if I can change the amps thanx to MOST!! If I could I would get two JL amps one for the focals and one for the subs...

Old 11-13-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by luting_chen
hm.. endra...
the 7500?
i'm doing my little stereo upgrade too...hahaha
was deciding between the 7500 and the seperate touch screen by itself...
b/c i don't really like flip up screen... but it'll look damn good with the GT3 console delete kit... hehehehe...
Should I? should I not?

btw...how long is it gonna take for ur car to be done? ^_^
can't wait to see da pic...
i'll be visiting SF soon...haha... yeah...again :P

Go for Pioneer 7500... u can't make a wrong mistake with that... cuz it has a voice recognition and all.... I bought 3 for my friends too
if u want to go HARDCORE.... go for the Alpine F1 Status the whole thing.

its about 2 more weeks before is completed

Ill see you up here man! bring a jacket... its kinda chilly now!

Last edited by EM 996 GTS; 11-14-2003 at 10:17 AM.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by msindi
Im doing focal speakers and JL subs (2 tens)...not too sure if I can change the amps thanx to MOST!! If I could I would get two JL amps one for the focals and one for the subs...
I think JL makes the best subs... good for Hiphop and hard Trance

I bought 2 10" W6s subs

Last edited by EM 996 GTS; 11-14-2003 at 12:58 AM.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by YSITSMN
Hay EM that is the same head unit that I will be using in my car. I think that it is the best on the market. What frontstage ae you running the two or three way? I have a set of the 136ws just laying around at my house. I am waiting for CES befor I tear the car apart Focal is changing there crossovers and tweeters on their Utopia line this year. I am also running a seperate 6.5" screen just below the Head unit to run my Gauges. Both HKS and Greedy have a peice but have not been imported to the states. I have been trying to figure out how to remove the whole rear seat so I can build my custom enclosure and still have evey thing look dead stock.
Im running 3 ways in the front
2 ways at rear

Im going to put a 15" wide screen....somewhere in the car...

your plan sounds good too we got similar stuff!

Last edited by EM 996 GTS; 11-14-2003 at 02:18 AM.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:03 PM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Focal Utopias

Originally posted by AMG ETR
Heh, thought it looks too good to be a stick on .....damn I have never seen those grills b4...anyone have a part number??
Thanks,
Evan
Evan Call Bob or Mark at Foreign Affairs, I just bought two sets from them should be $178 for both doors..
Part # 000 044 8011 4

Old 11-13-2003, 11:06 PM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
The focals subs in the door hit really good for a stock enclosures..

First the deck is a Kenwood 910 DVD/TV 6 1/2" LCD Screen..

The screen folds away

The Brain is hidden underneath the passenger seat.. And the antennas for the TV are behind the window pillars..

The front & rear speakers were replaced with Focal 100V2 component's 4" woofers with 1" tweeters.. The factory enclosures had to be modified for the Focal's to fit, also some glueing was involved.
They sound great!! So much better then stock!

What a perfect time to paint the screws that are used on the speaker grills..

In order to get some additional Bass. I bought the upgraded speaker enclosures that fit into the door panels, I then replaced the factory speakers with the Focal 5WS 5" woofer... These sound awesome! Excellent bass from a 5" woofer.. very impressive.. rock songs sound the best, when R&B Music is on the bass needs to be turned down..

Old 11-13-2003, 11:07 PM
Modaholic

The amp is a Phoenix Gold 500.4 A 4 channel amp with enough power to run everything..the factory carpet was ordered and will be replaced when it comes in..

Also I removed the factory CD Changer and replaced it with the Kenwood music Keg made by Phatnoise... This is the best thing made since slice bread I upgraded the hard drive to a 60gig which holds about 800 Cd's..

Link to more High Res Pics

Old 11-14-2003, 05:15 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
All depends on how much you want to spend and if you have a good local stereo shop. I don't even want to tell you guys how much I have in my system, but when you add things like a 15" monitor in the front boot so you can watch DVD's while hangin at the track things add up fast!

Old 11-18-2003, 01:21 AM
YSITSMN is infamous around these parts
The plastic Sub-midbass enclosure in the front door comes stock an the 03 turbo??? Or is that another part.