996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone here own a Ford GT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 02:22 PM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by Dabum
If you want something rare, get a Ford GT, even in Toronto i've seen 4 CGT's and not one Ford GT and Toronto has everything, Enzos, CGTs etc.

But 6MPG should be fun these days
that is because the car is not made or intended for the Canadian market at all... there are NO allocations in Canada what so ever... that is why you see less Ford GTs less than CGTs and Enzos...

Old 10-10-2005, 07:59 AM
StrokedViper is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by ZLP
I was going to say the same thing. Replicas like this will bring better performance and fit/finish than the Ford GT.
You know there's an edit button don't you? A couple of guys throwing together "kit cars" in some dinky shop can do a better job than a company that has billion dollar assembly plants and thousands of engineers? My Ford F350 power stroke has not seen an easy day in it's 100K mile life and it's only 3 years old. I'm a builder/developer and it always has a 7,000lb CAT and it's 2,500lb trailer towed behind it. I never change the oil on time or even check it. Never serviced the tranny or diffs either. I realize it's a truck, but it is the same company. What type of drive train do they use in those kit cars?
Don't fool yourselves guys. I had my wifes Boxster in for an oil change and while waiting I walk out into the shop area to drool over the CGT that was there for service. Said a few kind words to the mechanic so he wouldn't make me go back to the waiting area and sipped my coffee and kept to myself. When my wifes car was done I was leaving and noticed the mechanic who was working on the CGT leaving. He jumped into a totally riced out 300ZX. Huge picnic table wing, goofy *** wiper blades and the worst sounding fart can you've ever heard. He then proceeded to tear out of there with all of that cars might spewing as much smoke as dust when he managed to get it going. Shoot, even the Dodge dealer leaves my Viper inside, parked infront of the service office when it's done. Here in Omaha the same dealer owns the Dodge, Ford, and Porsche dealerships.

Old 10-11-2005, 08:16 AM
DrJim is infamous around these parts
I've heard the saying, "buy American trucks and foreign cars" more than a few times. With the exception now that foreign trucks are getting bigger/better and so are some American cars, I still think it's pretty much true.

Old 10-11-2005, 08:46 AM
SilverSL55 is infamous around these parts
I'm the proud owner of a new GT. I also have an '02 GT2. The fit and finish on the GT are world class. I has the best paint (black) that I've ever seen. They can be bought at sticker now. I still love my Porsche but it's hard not to stare at the GT

Old 10-12-2005, 09:27 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Some of these comments are quite funny if you think superfornce is some guy throwing kits together in his garage than you truly have no idea what you are talking about.

Also the Ford GT I saw looked awesome inside and out no fit or finish issues I could see.

How many miles do you have on yours Silver?

Old 10-12-2005, 09:38 AM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Originally posted by SilverSL55
I'm the proud owner of a new GT. I also have an '02 GT2. The fit and finish on the GT are world class. I has the best paint (black) that I've ever seen. They can be bought at sticker now. I still love my Porsche but it's hard not to stare at the GT
Can you post some pics ? congrats !

Old 10-12-2005, 09:53 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
I walked away from one 3 months ago....dealer wanted 75k over. I laughed to myself. Not for me anyway.

Fit and finish is not up to par.

Remember our friend Britt? His close pal Joe has one, and he did a ride along with him last week.

I agree, the fit and finish reminds you that it is a ford. My dealer wanted 90k over. THey wound up selling it a month later for 160. Go figure. Just looks like an old car.

BUddy, make sure your garage is wide enough to open the door all the way for you to get out. THe door is part of the roof.

Old 10-12-2005, 09:56 AM
SilverSL55 is infamous around these parts
I've got 500 miles on it to date. It's black with no stripes. I'll post some pictures soon. It's tricky to see out of, not as easy as the Porsche. The biggest problem that I've had thus far is parking. It draws a croud which makes me nervous.

Old 10-12-2005, 12:33 PM
Banned
StephenTi is infamous around these parts
I think the Ford GT looks great, especially in person. I was at Gingerman when Ford had their mega-trailers out full of GTs for the press. They had a silver, red, white, and a few others. They simply looked right at home lapping at the track.

While I don't think it's a $160k car, the limited production numbers and high demand gets Ford the price that they're looking for: that's marketing. And imo, supercharging has no place in a track car. Nevertheless, I'd fully expect 9 out of 10 would pick the Ford GT over a Turbo if offered a choice between the two.

Old 10-12-2005, 04:04 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
My father test drove one a few months back, fell in love. I wouldn't be suprised if there is one in the garage by xmas

Old 10-13-2005, 06:46 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Any mods available for them to get the hp up?

Old 10-13-2005, 10:32 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by buddyg
Any mods available for them to get the hp up?
Doesn't take much, read a thread w/ a guy who did a pulley and air filter upgrade and gained nearly 70HP to the wheels They are underated to begin with as well

Old 10-13-2005, 10:39 AM
PCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to behold
I was disappointed when I saw it at the car show. To me it looks like another new - old car. I honestly was more impressed
with the Z06.
Anybody paying over sticker should have their head examined...it's still just a Ford

Old 10-13-2005, 02:49 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Re: Re: Re: Anyone here own a Ford GT?

Originally posted by Benjamin Choi
you are too modest. i think your techart turbo kills the ford gt in looks. for real dog. good work
Agreed.. Although the GT's are pretty sick looking tho, hmm i could never own one over all of the other exotics out there though

Old 10-14-2005, 01:24 PM
Dealer called back and wanted $190,000 I said see ya!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone here own a Ford GT?